PDA

View Full Version : Se7en

i have no life
10-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Like Silence of the Lambs this is another movie I really like. I love Morgan Freeman in this movie. It was dark and had a great ending. I thought Kevin Spacey did a great job being the bad guy he was so sedate through the entire movie, he really gave me the creeps, he plays a great psycho! I liked the plot and the grisly murders representing the seven deadly sins. Nothin like a good serial killer movie.

slasherman
10-25-2005, 10:55 AM
..yeah great movie...close to a masterpiece

Maerlyn
10-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Very good, but not excellent...

novakru
10-25-2005, 11:27 AM
I loved this movie.
I was so shocked at the ending,I NEVER saw that coming.

Very much appreciated the skill in which this movie was made.

The_Return
10-25-2005, 01:03 PM
I saw most of this movie, but I didnt have a chance to watch it all. Unfortunatly, I havnt seen the ending that everyone raves about, but what I saw was incredible. I saw up until Doe turns himself in and he's riding to his latest victim with Freeman and Pitt.

i have no life
10-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
I saw most of this movie, but I didnt have a chance to watch it all. Unfortunatly, I havnt seen the ending that everyone raves about, but what I saw was incredible. I saw up until Doe turns himself in and he's riding to his latest victim with Freeman and Pitt.

you need to see the ending!!!!

The STE
10-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Best horror movie ever

The_Return
10-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by i have no life
you need to see the ending!!!!

I know part of it....but yes, I really do need to see the ending.

gorefreak
10-25-2005, 07:26 PM
I've been meaning to rent that one. :)

Elvis_Christ
10-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Another how to join the FBI/Police film classed as horror :rolleyes: The only film in this vein I enjoy these days is Michael Mann's Manhunter. I enjoyed this when it came out especially for the ending but FUCK.... its been WAY to thrashed and talked about for me to ever bother watching it again.

no mulier
10-26-2005, 03:46 AM
Have you seen Alien 3? It is identical to Se7en in its brooding, heavy, depressing atmosphere. It's pregnant with dread throughout and what I really love about the film is not so much the murders -- although they are well executed and truly grotesque (just seeing the "Lust" murder tool makes me cringe) -- but the interaction between the detectives that fleshed out their personal views about the case, understanding the killer's motivations, and where they're each coming from in terms of their own perspectives about living in general, all the while they're moving through the film and trying to put the pieces together.

Of Fincher's films, this is one of the best.

scouse mac
10-26-2005, 04:20 AM
Morgan Freeman turns this film from a very good movie to a great one. Its his understated performance, especially when played against Brad Pitt's energetic one, which i really like.

I assume most people know that Kevin Spacey's name wasn't on the opening credits so they wouldn't give away the identity of the killer?

The Mothman
10-26-2005, 04:43 AM
Ive only seen the begining with the fat dude. but I wanna finish it real bad.

i have no life
10-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by scouse mac

I assume most people know that Kevin Spacey's name wasn't on the opening credits so they wouldn't give away the identity of the killer?

I did not know that

Prelude95Si
10-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by The STE
Best horror movie ever

Not really in a horror movie in that it was more of a murder suspense. I'll go even with thriller, but not horror.

This movie was really good though. Morgan Freeman does good work. Kiss the Girls, Along Came a Spider (prequal to Kiss the Girls) etc...

Elvis_Christ
10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by no mulier
Have you seen Alien 3? It is identical to Se7en in its brooding, heavy, depressing atmosphere. It's pregnant with dread throughout and what I really love about the film is not so much the murders -- although they are well executed and truly grotesque (just seeing the "Lust" murder tool makes me cringe) -- but the interaction between the detectives that fleshed out their personal views about the case, understanding the killer's motivations, and where they're each coming from in terms of their own perspectives about living in general, all the while they're moving through the film and trying to put the pieces together.

Of Fincher's films, this is one of the best.

Well put :)

Alien 3 is a great film. I really liked The Game when that come out too.

AmericanManiac
10-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Kevin Spacey is probley one of the best actors anyone seen the Usual Suspects??

MiskatonicKitty
10-27-2005, 04:21 AM
It was a good movie. Better than I was expecting. I loved the ending. :-) I'm a hardened gorehound but the sloth dude made me wince a bit. That would so suck. :-p

gorefreak
10-27-2005, 04:34 AM
The more I hear about this movie, the more I need to rent it. :) Is there an extra gory unrated version?

i have no life
10-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Dont think so. I only know of the platinum series (2 disc set) which was the latest released in I believe 2000. The first release was in '97.

The_Return
10-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by gorefreak
The more I hear about this movie, the more I need to rent it. :) Is there an extra gory unrated version?

*shivers* If I saw a Rated version, Ill stay MILES away from anything UNrated....yikes

gorefreak
10-28-2005, 07:15 PM
lol There's never enough gore for me. My username should be an indication of that. :)

The STE
10-28-2005, 09:01 PM
It's not so much gorey as it is grim and atmospheric and, at times, graphic (plus, unlike countless other movies in the genre, it has a fucking brain in its head)