PDA

View Full Version : Scariest horror movie

Dar]{eyes
10-23-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm a fan of horror movies but i think there's no real horror movie, like this kind of movie that will really scare you to death. Not just to make you jump off your stair because they show a flash of a really scary picture ( like in the movie the ring when you see the girl in the closet ) . I would like to see a movie that really scare me with a dark ambience and with something scary from beginning to the end. I think Dario Argento makes good ambience and good horror movies but... its not enought! not enought scary for me :mad:

I would like to know your opinions on that and if you know some good movies titles that i might never see i would be glad to read your suggestions.

Also, sorry for my bad english i'm french from Quebec! :)

bwind22
10-23-2005, 10:44 PM
I'd say the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is probably the creepiest feeling film to me, but I wouldn't say it's overly scary. (I don't think much is though.)

Other people think The Excorcist or The Shining are some of the scariest movies ever made. (I tend to disagree somwhat, but it's a starting point for ya.)

P.S. Wrong forum

The_Return
10-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Je pense que Dagon est un film qui est un peu peureuse. Aussi L'Oeil Temoin m'a effraye un peu.

Je sais que mon Francais n'est pas parfait, mes j'aime des chances pour pratiquer!

Lorre
10-25-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure that anyone can actually come up with a horror movie that really scares people to the point you are asking. You will always have that realization that it is just a movie. I am not saying that there aren't any horror movies out there that don't have a scare factor. I'm just saying that if you have found a horror movie that has scared you to the point of shitting your pants, you must first question whether or not you are a pansy, and then see a doctor to deterimine if it is just irritable bowel syndrome. Unless you frequently produce loose stool, chances are you are probably just a pansy.

doctor satan
10-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Scariest film for me & its also the wifes favourite:

Dirty Dancing

The scariest thing is that the sick fuckers actually made a sequel.

noctuary
10-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Well, there is one movie that will send every man into uncontrollable spasms of terror. I speak of the dreaded Killer Condom.

In all seriousness, here's a list of a few films that I found genuinely creepy:

Repulsion
Funny Games
Tetsuo the Iron Man
Cure
Audition
Eraserhead

Angelakillsluts
10-25-2005, 07:50 PM
The whole time I was watching the Grudge in the theater, I kept preparing myself for the next scare so that I didn't jump out of my seat. :( horrible movie though. I agree that those kind of movies are bad.

I remember Pet Semetary scaring the crap out of me when I was younger, but when you reach a certain age their just isn't much that will give you nightmares. Life in general just gets scarier than any movie ever could, it's a sad fact.

Lorre
10-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Pet Semetary was pretty freaky to watch as a kid. Do you remember when Rachel Creed was telling her husband how her sister died? Zelda had spina bifida. Her back was all twisted and nasty. Man, that was gross!

Maerlyn
10-27-2005, 07:34 PM
When i was a kid, Joker in Batman1 was my worst nightmare. May be because it was the first movie that i saw at the cinema, the screen was huge and i was on the very front; and besides i was alone :confused:

Railboy
10-27-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm with bwind22 on the original TCM. I watched it alone at 2am and I was completely drained by the time it was over. Since no one else was around or even awake it became my whole world...

Eraserhead can still screw with my mind to this day... the baby looks so weird... and that sound design!

Oh yeah, and Audition, too. *shudder*

slasherman
10-27-2005, 11:54 PM
"the Changeling"...I was 13 years old
"Lost Highway"...has some creepy moments
"Ringu"....when it was new and before all the clones

RavageRitual
10-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Anyone heard of "Beggoten"? This movie scared me to death, no other movie has actually gotten undermy skin and actually tryed to suffocate me like this film. The way it is filmed and the audio+sound is just flat out the scariest stuff ever.

Jacob Singer
10-30-2005, 09:37 AM
when I was I kid I saw phantasm....And could'nt sleep for a week.
After that I get very scared with Ringu ,I saw it for the first time alone at night, in home....Jesus it was like I was a kid

gorefreak
11-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by RavageRitual
Anyone heard of "Beggoten"? This movie scared me to death, no other movie has actually gotten undermy skin and actually tryed to suffocate me like this film. The way it is filmed and the audio+sound is just flat out the scariest stuff ever.
Hmmm.... looks like I'll need to keep an eye peeled for that one. :)

Jester
11-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I checked out Begotten on imdb and... wow... My new goal in life is to see that movie.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0101420/combinedhttp://imdb.com/title/tt0101420/combined