PDA

View Full Version : Abigail 2 (Blood Sacrifice)

Greqoh
10-05-2005, 12:20 PM
The Sacrifice (Abigail 2)
by L. Greqoh

Cirrus clouds hovered motionless, floating in the deep ultramarine sky over the neglected road. No car had broken the silence for several hours. A lonesome sign pointing the way to the next town was quietly rusting at the intersection where the road turned off the highway.

In the distance, a faint rumbling was growing. It was a cross between the frantic buzzing of a bee and the primal growl of a tiger...

A wine red Harley, it's chrome catching the sun, blinding even in the distance, was hugging the twisted turns of the highway as it approached the intersection. Its rider wore a black leather jacket, boots and blue jeans. His long black hair spilled out from underneath his black helmet, catching the wind like streamers.

As the intersection came closer, the rider began to slow down.

Paul had heard many stories about this area. There was a long blacktop road which led through a very small town. Paul had heard that the people who resided there were rumored to be some sort of religious fanatics, bizarre cult members perhaps. They shunned outsiders and were rarely seen, being quite unfriendly when they were. Like everyone else, Paul avoided turning down this road.

As he passed the road and began coming around another curve, a figure appeared from nowhere. It was a woman with long red hair, wearing an odd white robe that was blinding in the sun. She was strangely clam and looking straight at him but making no attempt to move. Paul swerved hard to the shoulder of the road, his wheels catching the gravel. His bike slid out from underneath him as his head slammed to the ground.

A cloud of dust arose, swallowing him up as he lay on the ground stunned. A sweet voice that seemed to come from inside his head spoke to him.

"I need your help," it said.

Paul pulled the cracked helmet from his head, and straining, he lifted his head off the ground just enough to see that there was no one there. The world spun before his eyes and his head throbbed.

The sound of a cat startled him. He turned his head to see a small black Bombay running towards him, its little short legs moving amazingly fast. It peered down at him with its deep copper eyes and greeted him with a polite meow.

"Aleister! Where are you going?" a voice called.
He could hear the sound of heels clumsily trying to run on the concrete. Paul turned to see a pair of black granny boots coming nearer. A young woman around seventeen bent down over him. She wore a very old fashioned black dress. Her long wavy red hair fell passed her waist. A silver pentagram dangled from her necklace.

He stared up at her child like face, her crystal blue eyes staring at him in concern. He could not make out her features. Paul's vision was blurry and he began to lose consciousness.

"Don't worry about a thing," she told him, "You are going to be all right."

"You look like an angel," Paul said gratefully as she help him sit up.

"I'm no angel," she laughed softly as he fell into her arms.

#

The few houses in the town were very secluded, surrounded by woods with only long gravel driveways making them accessible. An old frame church was still standing in the heart of the town. Not far from there is where Abigail and her family lived. It was a large white brick house with few small windows, all barred. It was surrounded by many large willow trees that gave it a melancholy sort of appearance, like a place of remorse or decay.

"Abigail has brought an outsider," her father Malachi told his elderly mother. He was dressed in a black robe, freshly shaved with short brown hair that was starting to gray.
His green reptile like eyes stared at her.

She made no answer, but continued to shuffle the deck of cards upon the small table that her aged frame bent over.
The sound of the cards cut through the heavy silence as they fell and interlaced one by one. The woman's old spotted hands skillfully worked the worn deck, making the cards blend seamlessly into a graceful dance.

The woman's white eyes blindly stared out from her unkempt gray hair. She did not require her sight for the cards, however. As she placed ten of them down in a ten card spread her wrinkled face tightened as she placed each one in it's position.

At the center, signifying the subject of the reading she had put the "Princess of Wands". Upon laying down the "Prince of Pentacles" she gazed at her son, Malachi.

"A young man..." she said.

"Yes mother, he..." Malachi began to answer.

"Was involved in an accident? Ah, and our sweet Abigail brought him here did she?" the old woman said as she placed the "Queen of Wands" on the table. Her face soured, falling into a macabre scowl. "It's her..."

"Diana?" Malachi asked, "It cannot be..."

"Oh, it is. I am sure of that. Even death cannot keep Diana from trying to save her foolish child," she looked at a spot in the room mocking, "Well, there is nothing you can do, Diana. Tomorrow night, as the moon dies, so shall Abigail. You may have gotten away from us, but after all these years, your daughter will take your place."

Malachi looked about the room. The candles were beginning to flicker wildly. A storm was coming. The temperature outside had dropped and the winds were beginning to pick up strength, making the curtain behind his mother dance wildly.

"Samuel was told not to let her out of his sight. He knew that tomorrow was a special night," Malachi growled.

"Your son is a fool," she told him. "Powerful and strong...but a reckless fool," she told the enraged father.

"I shall see to it that he is disciplined properly for his failure," Malachi decided.

The old woman's hand placed the final card, the 13'th key on the table. "No one is aware that the young man has come here.He may prove useful as an extra offering. Let him share her fate. Everything shall remain as planned," the woman instructed as she gazed blindly at the "Death" card.

Malachi nodded. His aging mother raised her hand dismissing him. He carefully back out of the door, not turning his back on her until the door was shut.

#

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?" Abigail asked as she gently put an ice bag on Paul's head. The bursts of thunder outside was shaking his skull.

"No, there's not much you can do for a concussion. If I can just use your phone I can have someone pick me up," Paul answered.

She nodded politely. Now that Paul's vision had cleared he saw her face clearly. She was very fair with faint freckles across her cheeks. She wasn't wearing any make up, which gave her a cute tomboy look. He caught himself staring at her, admiring her bone structure, her high cheeks and oval face. She caught him staring and began to blush.

The door opened and a very solidly built angry looking young man came in the room. He had very short brown hair and cruel green eyes that seemed to be sizing Paul up. At his feet was a black Rottweiler which stared menacingly at Paul.

Abigail seemed startled at his entrance and said "Samuel..this is Paul. He..."

"Yeah, I know...I got your bike outside. Nice bike. A shame you don't know how to ride better," he quipped rudely.

Paul's lips tightened as there eyes met.

"I just need to use the phone and I'll be on my way," he said looking away.

"Here let me help you," Abigail told him as she put her arm around him and led him to the phone, looking back at Samuel as she mouthed the words "you asshole". Samuel stared a hole through her as he put some more chew in his large mouth.

Paul put the receiver to his ear and frowned. "I don't think this is working," he said.

"No, I am terribly sorry. The storm seems to have knocked it out somehow," Abigail's father, Malachi said.

Paul stared out the window unable to see through the pouring rain.

"I couldn't stand the thought of sending you out in your condition, and there is really no use anyone going out in this weather. Why don't you just stay here tonight?" he offered.

"I couldn't impose like that..." Paul said.

"Nonsense. You can sleep in the guest room. We have a spare bed," Malachi insisted.

"Thank you. You are very kind, sir," Paul said gratefully. All he could think of was sleep.

"Then it is settled. Children, show are guest to his room. He has had a very hard day," Malachi instructed before leaving. Samuel groaned and said something under his breath as he walked away.

"Your father is really nice," Paul told Abigail.

"Yes, but my step brother can be a real jerk," she apologized.

"It's all right. He probably doesn't want any strange guys around his sister," Paul said.

"He couldn't care less. Believe me, he is just a creep," she insisted.

#

Abigail shut Paul's door and began to walk into her room.
Samuel was standing in front of her door barring the way.

"So did you kiss your boyfriend goodnight?" he asked sharply.

"Lay off. What was I supposed to do, just leave him there on the road?" She asked.

"I would have," he answered. "You know the rules. No outsiders. Everyone in the town is going to be pissed."

"No one in this town like me anyway. And it's not like he'll ever come back with the way you are trying to chase him off, you" she snapped as she pushed him aside.

He grabbed her by her small white wrist and jerked her back, pushing her against the wall. "I don't think I like the way you did that," he said as he squeezed her wrist.
She winced in pain.

"Let go! Let go or I'll scream!" she threatened.

Samuel pushed her down against the wall, knocking the breath out of her. He gave a nod to his rottweiler who began to approach her threateningly baring his teeth with a low rumbling growl, his eyes appeared to have an unnatural red glow in them.

Greqoh
10-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Abigail backed up against the wall as it came closer. Samuel was looking down at her grinning.

The lightning flashed outside, casting a white flash through the window which illuminated an unseen black figure that had been watching from the shadows. The small black cat opened it's mouth, showing it's long ivory fangs as a hateful wail arose from it's meek body.

Aleister shot between Abigail and the dog, and was angling his body sideways as the two began to circle one another. The huge dog seemed oddly cautious of the small Bombay. After a few seconds of intense staring the rottweiler lunged at Aleister with its powerful jaws.
Aliester quickly rolled away. As the dog turned to attack again Aleister's frail body began to change shape, growing large and powerful until he resembled a panther.

Samuel's dog began to back off, his bloodthirsty red eyes glowing brighter as Aleister backed him up.

"Control your pet, or I will," Samuel threatened.

"What is the meaning of this?" their father demanded.

Abigail clapped her hands and as the sleek black panther ran towards her, it jumped in the air. It quickly shrank in size, back to the tiny Bombay as it landed in her arms.
Aleister looked back at Samuel and his mutt and hissed.

"We have a big day tomorrow, and we don't want to disturb our guest. I don't want to hear any more from either of you," Malachi ordered his children.

Samuel grinned as he watched Abigail shut the door to her room.

#

The storm battered against the house all night. The lightning filled the sky with a dreadful phosphorescence that flashed and revealed horrible twisted shadows outside the home and in.

Despite the thunder, everyone was asleep...everyone except Abigail's grandmother who did not require sleep.
Her white blind eyes stared into space as she recalled the last night she saw Abigail's mother Diana.

Malachi had chosen Diana to be his bride based on her Scottish bloodline, which was very powerful and pure.
She was an extremely gifted healer, and pathetic in her ways of goodness. Her magick was based upon nature and works of karmic balance. Her naivety sickened Malachi.
His was the magick of ceremonial rituals, hermetic/qabalistic conjurations and evocations.
Diana had neither the interest nor the ability to perform them, merely being content to help the sick and speak in profound riddles about the beauty of "The One".

Malachi and Diana had a beautiful daughter with fiery red hair and a strong will. Malachi had wanted a boy, and was very angered at Diana. He accused her of using her magick to cheat him of a son.

As Malachi began to see the innate power the child had inside he began to grow ambitious. There were ways to take such power, and Diana knew that her husband was ambitious enough to do them. Malachi had planned on a ritual sacrifice of his wife, Diana, an offering to his chosen god Seth.

He would then be free to wait until such time that Abigail reached her maximum power. He had studied the ways in which he could strip that from her, thus adding her power to his own.

Diana, though quiet, was no fool. She saw into Malachi's dark heart. She knew the temptations of his chosen path, and knew he did not have the heart to resist them.

And so, on the eve before she was to be killed, Diana fled with her child. They never found her. Malachi's mother, herself a high adept, had spent years sending out curses and psychic attacks. Eventually, Diana grew sick and died.

When Malachi tracked his daughter down she was about to be killed by an angry mob of backwoods Christians who claimed that she had the devil in her. She had somehow taught herself how to use her mother's healing poppets to attack several girls who had angered her. She nearly killed one, breaking her neck.

Malachi barely got her out of the town. He looked at the young scared girl, seeing the potential evil inside her, and became very proud.

He took her home and introduced her to her step brother Samuel and her grandmother. They tried to teach her their arts...they piled books and diagrams in front of her, the works of John Dee, Eliphas Levi and some of Crowley's most important work. But she was too much like her mother. Unless she was greatly angered, she was weak and unsure of herself. She preferred instead to watch the clouds, the trees limbs dance in the wind. She would spend hours talking with her cat Aleister. Her power would be wasted.

Malachi's son Samuel was strong, but stupid. It was a cruel twist of fate that he would leave no magickal heir behind when he died. So Malachi decided to kill his daughter.
He and his mother spent years preparing and tomorrow night it would be done at last.

All Abigail's grandmother had to do now was to keep that troublesome wench Diana out of Abigail's dreams. She was sure that Diana had found some way to fortify her spirit body against the dispersion of death. She was always near waiting to save her precious daughter.

A wicked grin crept up on the blind old woman's face.
She had always hated Diana. Now Diana would learn the folly of her weakness.

#

Paul awoke just before noon. Abigail had been checking on him frequently. She was sitting across the room from him staring at him. She found him incredibly handsome and nice. She was never allowed to leave the town. Had Aleister not ran off, she would never have seen this strange young man.

As Paul's eyes opened Abigail brought him a glass of orange juice and some toast on a bed tray.

"Thank you, Abigail," he said as he began to eat.

"Call me Abey. That's what my other grandmother used to call me," she added.

"That's a very pretty name. I like that," Paul told her as he finished his underdone toast.

Abigail began to blush again, a shy smile creeping up her face. Paul asked if he could see her again.

"I'd like that very much, but my father doesn't allow me to have...any friends. He says that..." she began.

"That bike is not going anywhere," Samuel interrupted,
"I've been working on bikes for years. I can probably fix it if you want to wait."

Paul was shocked at the civility "No, I don't want to trouble you, really," he said.

"No, I was a jerk last night. It's no trouble just a few simple things, not much. It's the least I can do," he insisted.

"All right, thanks," Paul agreed as he got up from the bed.

Abigail stared strangely at her step brother. He never did anything for anyone. Her eyes squinted as she tried to figure out what he was up to.

"I'll take care of it.You just go along with my sister, keep her company. She doesn't get out enough," Samuel asked as he left.

Greqoh
10-05-2005, 12:23 PM
#

Paul and Abigail walked through a small trail that led through the tangled branches and down the rocky hill. It led to a small pond.

They talked for several hours. She recited some of her poetry to him while he listened fascinated by her every word. Her eyes revealed an incredible depth of feeling, the expressed whatever she felt with such innocence that she looked like a child in the body of a young woman.

And though they had known each other a very short time, it was understood that between them was a bond, a connection. They were destined to meet.

In the distance, Abigail saw Aleister. He was with a pregnant snow white Persian cat. "So that's where you go, you devil," she thought to herself.

"So what happened when you wrecked?" Abigail asked as she gently examined some of Paul's wounds.

"I can't explain it. I was just riding by when this woman appeared out of nowhere. She was just standing in the middle of the road right by the turn off that leads here," he told her.

"Really? That's odd. No one ever comes around here. What did she look like?" Abigail asked.

"She was very strange. She had long red hair, like yours. She was dressed up in some kind of white robe. She didn't even try to get away. She just stood there looking at me," Paul said.

Abigail's face grew white. When she was a little girl she used to believe that her mother spoke with her in dreams after she died. After she moved in with her father and grandmother, the dreams stopped. They ridiculed her for thinking her mother could reach out from the dead. It had been years since Abigail even thought of the dreams she used to have. She wondered why?

"Can you wait here? Just for a few minutes, OK?" she asked Paul as she began to run towards the house.

"OK, sure," he said puzzled.

Abigail ran into the house and into her room. She shut the door and began searching for something...anything. She felt something was there.

Something told her to move her bed. She did so, and under it was a black rug positioned over a small spot on the floor.
She pulled it back to reveal a magickal seal, an upside down pentagram encircled by hebrew names of power. It was written in angelic script, and Abigail knew exactly where it had come from and why her mother no longer spoke to her in dreams.

She flew passed out of her room. Samuel was blocking her way. She pushed him to the side as hard as she could.
Before he could get to her, he ran up the stairs and threw open her grandmother's door.

The old woman was sitting with her back to the door rocking.

"Abigail, such a nice young man you brought into our home," she said, her old voice cracking.

"I know what you did. You put that seal under my bed, didn't you?" Abigail demanded, her pretty features wrinkling up in rage.

The old woman stood up and turned. "No, child I am just a poor old blind woman. I had you father do that," she mocked.

Abigail lunged at the old hag, but before she could get to her, she was thrust back by an invisible force. It knocked her to the ground leaving her stunned.

"Poor Abigail, you are so much like your mother. I had such hopes for you. But now it's time for you to join your mother. Samuel!" she called.

Abigail made it to her feet and ran out of the room. Samuel was on the stairs waiting he grabbed her wrist as she pushed by him. The two struggled until Samuel let go her. Abigail fell down the stairs, knocking the breath out of her.

Paul came in the house.
"Abigail, my bike is fine. What was Samuel talking about..."

His eyes fell upon Abigail's helpless body as Samuel began to pick her up.

"Help me, Paul!" she pleaded.

He charged her stocky brother. The two of them wrestled on the ground as Samuel's Rottweiler watched and growled.
Despite his injuries, Paul was easily getting the better of the fight, landing heavy blows that sent Samuel reeling back.

Samuel fell against the wall, sliding down onto the floor in defeat.

"Paul, they want to kill me!" she said as she struggled to get her breath.

"I don't know what is going on, but your coming with me!" he said as he helped her up.

As he turned to the door Malachi was blocking the way.

"Samuel! Finish it you fool. Stop playing," he ordered.

Samuel nodded. He raised his hand and spoke an odd guttural phrase. He pointed at Paul's solar plexus area.
Paul crumbled to the ground helpless.

"You see," Samuel grinned as he got up, "It's that easy."
He gave Paul a kick in the head rendering him unconscious.

No one noticed a small black Bombay fleeing the house.

#

When Paul awoke he was suspended by his wrists by a beam that went across the ceiling. He realized that he was inside the old church that he had seen. It had been converted for more demonic uses. Abigail was on the floor. Her arms and legs tied to four large pegs in the floor. She was struggling helplessly. Samuel and the old woman were on opposite sides of the room clad in black cloaks with blank expressions on their faces. Samuel's dog waited patiently at his side, eyes glowing crimson.

"Help! Someone help us!" Paul called.

Malachi looked over at the young man with a look of sheer amusement. "No one will come. Everyone in this town is a member of our order. You should have listened to the stories young man. This is not a good place for you to be," he laughed.

"Father! Why?" Abigail sobbed.

"Because it is my will, child. What you have is mine!" he answered. And as the two struggled against their bonds, Malachi began the ritual, he dipped his finger into a cup of blood and marked Abigail with an upside down pentagram on her forehead as she fought to get away.

"Mother!" she called in vain. A smile rose up on her grandmother's face.

Paul could only watch as Malachi began to intone strange names, vibrating them in such a way that his head throbbed in the center. Malachi was tracing odd figures in the air over Abigail. Around her, there were several curious designs marked on the floor.

Malachi bent down and put one hand on Abigail's forehead and with the other he drew out a long ornate blade with a serpent handle. As he was ready to cut out his daughter's living heart a loud noise came from the window.

Aleister came crashing through the glass. He had assumed his panther form, and his copper eyes were glowing.
Before Malachi could do anything, Aleister had jumped on top of him and was ripping out his throat. Samuel's Rottweiler charged the panther.

Paul watched in disbelief as the black dog shifted, growing in size as it ran. Its muscles bulged and its bones stretched until it was like a small bear. The two circled each other for one last time before they began rolling around the ground.

Malachi put his hand over his open throat as a blank look came across his face, as Samuel tried to help him.

The old woman was cursing Abigail, "You bitch! What have you done to my son?" she demanded as she cursed the loss of her sight.

Paul heard a noise over his head. The white cat he had seen earlier was frantically working on the ropes that held him over head.

The old woman was sobbing as she began to search the floor for the knife that Malachi had dropped.
Her thin lips turned up in an evil smile as her old fingers came upon it. "I'll see you dead, child!" her cracking voice began to threaten, "I shall take your power, myself!"

Paul dropped to the ground just in time to run over and kick the old hag in the face as hard as he could. She flew back unconscious. He had enough time to cut One of Abigail's ropes before Samuel was on him.

"You! I'll kill you with my bare hands!" he yelled as he began to strangle Paul.

Abigail desperately tried to reach the knife with her free hand her fingers clumsily just touching it, moving it fractions of an inch each attempt.

Outside Aleister and the demonic dog were killing one another, their growls and shrieks filled the air. The town people were beginning to come outside.

Abigail reached the knife and freed herself from the other ropes. Samuel had Paul down choking him in his iron grip.
She raised the knife ready to plunge it in her brother's back, but he suddenly released Paul and caught her hand in mid motion.

"I'll kill both of you!" he declared.

"Let's settle it then!" Abigail challenged.

Greqoh
10-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Samuel charged at her but Paul used his last bit of strength to reach up and grab one of his legs.He fell down his own blade sinking into his stomach.

Abigail quickly got Paul to his feet. They hurried past the dead body of Samuel's dog. Aleister lay dying of his wounds. As he passed on he shrank back into a small Bombay. Abigail stopped and put her hand lovingly on his weak frame. He looked up at her with his copper eyes, giving one last question like meow... and he was gone.

Abigail and Paul quickly made their way through the darkness back to her house. They got on Paul's bike and began to leave. A white blur raced across the yard. The pregnant white cat jumped up hanging on Abigail's leg. She carefully scooped her up as the bike raced towards the highway shooting between the stunned town's people who were walking towards the church.

As they passed the church, Abigail's grandmother called out to her...

"You'll never get away! Never! We will find you wherever you go!" she declared.

The people were beginning to get in their cars. Soon they had six cars giving them chase as they turned on the highway. Abigail hung onto Paul for dear life, with the white Persian on her lap. She looked back at the menacing headlights that were coming closer.

Paul's bike was beginning to slow down. Abigail could hear the animalistic wail of her grandmother all the way back at the church. It was as if her will was reaching out and pressing itself against the bike, slowing them down.

When the cars were nearly upon them, Abigail turned.
With her free hand she pointed behind her. Instinctively she remembered what her grandmother had done earlier that day when she tried to rush her.

Abigail repeated the words as best as she could.
A bright white design appeared in the air, it spread into a barrier. Every car that hit it was stopped in it's tracks.
Her grandmother's spell was broken. The bike surged ahead, lacing the dark turns of the highway as Paul rode with a skill he never thought he had. The open road before them, they vanished far from the reach of her father's black occult group.

For Paul and Abigail, it had been love at first sight.
They would change their names, and marry where they would never be found.

Almost immediately Abigail became pregnant.
They were blessed with a beautiful girl. She too had fiery hair and aquamarine eyes. They named her Moina.

The white cat, which Abigail named Rose, had given birth to a huge litter of solid black and white cats.
They all appeared normal except for one.

The runt of the litter, jet black with her mother's blue eyes, took a special interest in their daughter. It was inseparable from her. Abigail named this cat Dion, and made her promise to take special care of her daughter, no matter what.

Abigail's daughter would be a lot like her, but she would get into much much more mischief than her mom had.

But that is another story...

Happy Halloween from The Qlipothic Abyss!
For the first Abigail story, or the rest of my work, go to http://qlipothica.tripod.com

Wild Zero
10-05-2005, 12:27 PM
please do continue, i enjoy.

Wild Zero
10-05-2005, 12:28 PM
will finish, but must go eat lunch.......