PDA

View Full Version : Hotel (2001)

knife_fight
09-27-2005, 02:00 AM
I rented this the other night and was wondering if anyone else has seen it. but let me go ahead and say what the next two posts are going to say.

1. it's not a horror movie. although it contains horror elements (i.e. cannibalism).

2. it's not an indie film either. although done in an "indie" kind of style. I mean, it's got David Schwimmer and Burt Reynolds in it.

I don't know how this one snuck by me, it's the type of movie that I probably would have seen when it came out, but somehow I didn't end up seeing it until about 3 nights ago. In fact, I really didn't like this movie much at all until I found out that it was already about 4 years old (making the style not quite as dated and pretentious).

here's a quick plot summary:
some filmmakers descend upon a Venetian hotel to make a movie (a dogme version of The Duchess of Malfi). little do they know, but nefarious deeds are afoot behind the scenes at the hotel... namely, the staff is killing people and serving them up to guests.
I guess that's about it.

anyway, anyone else seen it? what'd ya think?

majickdog
09-29-2005, 11:07 AM
did mike figgis make it? i heard from one person that it was great and from another person that it was awful. sounds like my kind of movie, though.
what did you think?