PDA

View Full Version : what did you think of ghost ship

the Anti-crist
12-05-2003, 08:38 AM
i loved this movie it had a cool begening when every body on the danc floor was cut in half but the littel gril and the end when that one chick started to figure stuff out and the new ghost crew was her old crew nice touch and it showed what greed and an evil sprit can do to people

spoon
12-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Nice movie. Did not suck. Really enjoyed it, but not the best ever. I'm a fan of sea adventures, but I didn't like Pirates. Below was another decent horror sea movie & the all time classic The Poseidon Adventure was too.
But I think i got out of Ghost Ship what I expected. A reasonably budgeted ghost movie; with an ok story, some blood & some water.

avenger00soul
12-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Below was a damn good submarine thriller. I'm also glad to see someone else remembers The Poseidon Adventure.

ShamSham04
12-05-2003, 03:11 PM
It was alright. The beginning gave the movie so much freaking potential...

FreddyFan
12-07-2003, 03:24 PM
this movie fucking sucked. the beginning was good but the rest of the movie was horrible. it did have a great cast and had excellent fx. but besides that it sucked. not as bad as feardotcom though. nothing is worse than feardotcom.

Satanic~Heaven
12-07-2003, 04:41 PM
I just like the begining!:cool:
the rest was pretty boring.
good special effect though,
but very dumb story...

coldwhisper
12-07-2003, 08:29 PM
The movie had lots of potential. Too bad it sucked bid time.

The ending was ...hohum... too predictable.

SphereMan
12-11-2003, 11:01 AM
I watched yesterday after not seeing it for months. Cool movie,amazing beginning death scene. After that it wasn't the best but I have seen far worse.:)

the Anti-crist
12-11-2003, 01:01 PM
what do you mean the ending was predictable

meetthecreeper
12-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Satanic~Heaven
I just like the begining!:cool:
the rest was pretty boring.
good special effect though,
but very dumb story...

Love your avatar,

thought the movie was a well thought idea but poorly executed, the ending was cool though.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
12-14-2003, 12:26 AM
First 5-10 minutes awesome..rest of ther movie...well if I would have known I would've turned it off after the cable scene.

Ryan_Zombie
12-15-2003, 06:15 PM
First 10 minutes were great!~

Killer Clown#1
12-15-2003, 06:20 PM
I like this movie alot. The opening was awsome but did you guys forget about the hook scene;)

Digital Murders
12-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Nothing like a shitload of special effects to mask a horrbile story.....:o

brad2181
12-15-2003, 06:31 PM
I thought this movie was a real kick ass movie by the way feardotcom was great i loved that movie but ghost ship was awesome to.

Dave
12-15-2003, 07:34 PM
It was pretty good. The special effects were definetly what I was expecting from those guys. They are great with that stuff. However, I'm still wondering why everyone got cut in half around the waist and the Captain got cut through the head. It's like the wire just bowed in the middle there for a moment and snapped back into place....or he was in the Lollipop Guild.

Dave
12-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by FreddyFan
this movie fucking sucked. the beginning was good but the rest of the movie was horrible. it did have a great cast and had excellent fx. but besides that it sucked. not as bad as feardotcom though. nothing is worse than feardotcom.

You apparently haven't seen House of the Dead.

Ulrik
12-16-2003, 01:04 AM
it was good..especially the cord scene..but the idea sucked and the plot was sloooooow.

moonsorrow
12-16-2003, 02:15 AM
it was diffrent then what i had expected, had some semi scaring scenes as well witch is a pluss, sadley nothing could top its opening scene though making the movie spiral downwords instead of upwards.
but the bottom line is i liked it, may watch it again sometime.

kawaiidragonfoe
12-16-2003, 10:43 AM
i liked the end even though i never really understood it but the only bad thing ebout is is that it leaves it wide open for a sequel & we do not need 'ghost ship 2' for sure. I enjoyed it about half as much as feardotcom, that was stupid also now THAT i waisted my saturday on lol. It was basiclly 'the ring' with computers & almost NO lighting in the whole damn thing.

"If you learn to conquer your fears, you will often be able to preform things that you would have previously regarded as impossible." -Sir Edmund Hillary, first to summit Everast.

moonsorrow
12-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by kawaiidragonfoe
i liked the end even though i never really understood it but the only bad thing ebout is is that it leaves it wide open for a sequel & we do not need 'ghost ship 2' for sure. I enjoyed it about half as much as feardotcom, that was stupid also now THAT i waisted my saturday on lol. It was basiclly 'the ring' with computers & almost NO lighting in the whole damn thing.

"If you learn to conquer your fears, you will often be able to preform things that you would have previously regarded as impossible." -Sir Edmund Hillary, first to summit Everast.

haha! you altso had the joy of seing that movie? my god iv never seen anything like it, its one of 3 movies that made me want to hang myself upside down by my own balls in barbwire. not sure what that would acomplish though, 2 other movies to watch out for is "saint sinner" and "the breed," basicley its the worst vampire movie i have ever seen in my entire life...it had one cool character in it thats about it.

Wicked Lady
12-16-2003, 11:57 AM
The opening scene was awesome, but the rest of the movie was WAY too predictable!

brad2181
12-16-2003, 12:04 PM
I diddint see house of the dead but i really want to I heard its good but never seen it.

avenger00soul
12-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by moonsorrow
haha! you altso had the joy of seing that movie? my god iv never seen anything like it, its one of 3 movies that made me want to hang myself upside down by my own balls in barbwire. not sure what that would acomplish though, 2 other movies to watch out for is "saint sinner" and "the breed," basicley its the worst vampire movie i have ever seen in my entire life...it had one cool character in it thats about it.

Don't get me started on the fucking Breed Moonsorrow.

Dave
12-16-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by brad2181
I diddint see house of the dead but i really want to I heard its good but never seen it.

you heard it was good? who the hell lied to you? hahahaha

moonsorrow
12-17-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Don't get me started on the fucking Breed Moonsorrow.

vampires as genetic mutations? the plot itself? and the natazi thing? and the way that vamp guy flying everywhere and shoting at the end of it? the writer must have been smoking some pretty nasty shit.

ds_spoon
12-17-2003, 02:58 AM
it was good great special effects

avenger00soul
12-17-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by moonsorrow
vampires as genetic mutations? the plot itself? and the natazi thing? and the way that vamp guy flying everywhere and shoting at the end of it? the writer must have been smoking some pretty nasty shit.

I agree with all that. Also, Adrian Paul kept having flashbacks too. It was like watching a really shitty and boring Highlander episode.

HodderFan2004
01-02-2004, 01:19 PM
I liked it a lot. It wasn't my usual taste but it helped to pass an evening. As far as the Dark Castle releases (or remakes if you will) go I much preferred Thirteen Ghosts.

HodderFan2004

HodderFan2004
01-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by kawaiidragonfoe

I bought a copy of FDOTCOM expecting something completely different than what I got. It was REALLY bad. Underlit, poorly acted and poor Geoffry Rush. Sigh. In other news : I loved "The Ring".

HodderFan2004

freddy69
01-04-2004, 07:46 PM
i loved the movie.i thought it was pretty good

MichaelMyers
01-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Did a guy with a Jason Vorhees avatar complain about the lack of a story? ;)

I liked this movie. I was planning on getting FearDotCom but heard it was a rip-off of "The Ring" with computers and was really bad.

"The House of Dead" looked promising, wha happen'?

Aasiyan
01-06-2004, 06:35 PM
House of the Dead turned out to be a big flop. I never watched it, but it never lived up to its hype.

Ghost Knight
01-06-2004, 06:53 PM
I loved "Ghost Ship" so much I bought the DVD. It had a "Shining" "Perfect Storm" "Titanic" feel to it.

Horrifying and shocking scene at the beginning and a surprise ending. Really good movie.

slrae
01-07-2004, 03:18 PM
The first ten minutes were cool when everyone got sliced, after that, the movie sucked more than a warehouse full of Hoovers.

Ritualistic
01-09-2004, 02:22 PM
I really like Ghost Ship.. Better than a lot of crap being made ...

Popcorn King
01-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Personally, I thought Titanic was a far more frightening ship movie(mainly due to Leonardo DeCrappio's performance.) Still makes my skin crawl just thinking about it (well, that and that Celine Dion theme song.)

freddy69
01-11-2004, 07:43 PM
i really liked ghost ship.

Arioch
01-11-2004, 08:26 PM
The first ten minutes were cool when everyone got sliced, after that, the movie sucked more than a warehouse full of Hoovers

lol agreed