PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Corpse

Satanic~Heaven
12-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Anyone know this band??
If you like gore movie you gotta like them!
they are a Gore Death Metal band...
here is one of their album cover:
http://metalflames.iespana.es/metalflames/spanish/discos/imags/novedades/cannibalcorpse/obsessed_cover.jpg

big black
12-04-2003, 11:45 PM
yah!!!! Cannibal Corpse I love them! They're so messed up!

VampRocker
12-05-2003, 10:49 AM
They're not really my cup of tea...

But I heard they were really nice guys, though!

Satanic~Heaven
12-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by VampRocker
They're not really my cup of tea...

But I heard they were really nice guys, though!
They arent really my style neighter,but i very like them anyway!

Arioch
12-05-2003, 05:20 PM
I used to be really into this band, honestly just because my parents hated them lol. They got some good shit although i havent like their recent stuff that much. To my knowledge they are also the only Death Metal band to ever get on the Billboard Chart EVER. You can also catch them performing their trademark hit in the first Ace Ventura movie, when Jim Carey goes to the club, funny shit.

Highlight Tracks:
1)Hammer Smashed Face
2)Stripped, Raped, and Tortured
3)Staring through the eyes of the dead
4)The Bleeding
5)Orgasm Through Torture

Arioch
12-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Oh if you guys like this band, you should check out Six Feet Under (the Haunted is the album that owns). Its the original (good) singer from CC , i guess he got tired of them and joined these guys. A little more hordcore style with drop D chords and cleaner riffs, not so chaotic and still all the GORE!:D

Satanic~Heaven
12-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Arioch

Highlight Tracks:
1)Hammer Smashed Face
2)Stripped, Raped, and Tortured
3)Staring through the eyes of the dead
4)The Bleeding
5)Orgasm Through Torture
those songs are definatly their best!
but i also want to Highlight:
-Fucked With A Knife
-I cum blood
-Pit Of Zombie
-Sentenced To Burn

vulpesnoctus
12-10-2003, 12:18 PM
I've listened to a few of their songs and failed to see why they even got a record deal.

Then again, I feel that way about the vast majority of death metal.

Arioch
12-10-2003, 10:23 PM
I've listened to a few of their songs and failed to see why they even got a record deal

Well death metal is really only sold to a small specific group of fans. It doesnt appeal to the majority of audiences and i think the record companies know that. You dont see alot of this music adverstised on MTV or the radio or anything.

I understand why youd think that tho, it can be hard to listen too and not my personal thing either. I just like to give every genre a listen every once and a while. Expands my own skills as a musician ya know.

Ya but death metal certianly isnt for everyone

Ritualistic
12-11-2003, 01:27 PM
death metal is the only type of metal i like... cannibal corpse are fucking gods of death... so I say if ya dont like them , oh fucking well!!!.. death metal is underground and that is the way it should be.. cannibal corpse did hit the charts, cause they are very well known and they have a huge fan base...they have been around for so many years it is like these guys are fathers of gore.. But another band that is underground and who has been around for years.. is dismember... fucking awesome band....

Horror 101
12-14-2003, 06:48 PM
I like gore in movies, but not as a band gimmick. These guys are boring and unoriginal, and also a disgrace to death metal.

Digital Murders
12-15-2003, 03:07 PM
Cannible Corpse is fuckin great, not too keen on their new stuff, but great none-the-less.

If you're into Cannible Corpse you'll love Cryptopsy

Satanic~Heaven
12-15-2003, 03:17 PM
Cryptopsy:D
they are from Québec my city:cool:
i love the album None So Vile
fuckin crazy drummer...