PDA

View Full Version : Spanish aspiring film-maker (no hope)

miguelito
08-24-2005, 07:36 AM
My name is Miguel and I love every kind of horror movies, especially from those countries that do not normally produce much horror. I have made only one attempt at filmmaking with a dv camera I borrowed from a friend. The short (2 minutes) was entitled "My personal fears" and told about my childhood fears. It screened at a festival here in Spain and nobody liked it - they said it was incomprehensible. Now I am trying to do another one, with no money of course but a lot of enthusiasm. In Spain there is a lot going on with horror: you can see several new directors coming up so maybe there is an opportunity for me.

EXTR3MIST
08-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Do what Nacho Cerda did - make a short about cutting up and having sex with bits of dead bodies.

No incomprehension there, surely.

zwoti
08-24-2005, 07:45 AM
welcome...............don't take things personally......etc

and keep repeating

it's only a forum...
it's only a forum...

© Ninja Mod Inc.

EXTR3MIST
08-24-2005, 07:47 AM
...and not a god damn dating service.

>sob!<

zwoti
08-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST

>sob!<

well there's always pm's ;)

miguelito
08-24-2005, 07:56 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I thought this was a great forum before joining - and I still do. I don't want you to feel pityful for myself and I am already working on a new short. This time I will work on what I realized people really care for: extreme gore!!!!!!!

zomb5150
08-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Good luck with Your movie project and welcome to Horror.com

You can do anything, just spread Your wings and fly.:D

miguelito
08-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Thank you!

By the way... I love that bat!

Angra
08-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by miguelito
My name is Miguel and I love every kind of horror movies, especially from those countries that do not normally produce much horror. I have made only one attempt at filmmaking with a dv camera I borrowed from a friend. The short (2 minutes) was entitled "My personal fears" and told about my childhood fears. It screened at a festival here in Spain and nobody liked it - they said it was incomprehensible. Now I am trying to do another one, with no money of course but a lot of enthusiasm. In Spain there is a lot going on with horror: you can see several new directors coming up so maybe there is an opportunity for me.

Love your avatar Miguel. Who is it? Looks like a long haired version of a completely insane Jack Nicholson. LOL

miguelito
08-24-2005, 09:12 AM
It's a latex version, found it at http://www.latexmaskcentral.com/ArchiveDisplay.php?cat=48. Isn't is great?

MisterSadistro
08-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Hang in there, Miguelito. It's rough getting started in indie horror films. Good luck.
CK

miguelito
08-24-2005, 09:18 AM
For the moment I have a little job as a waiter, but in the evening I keep on writing. It's not easy I know, but the guys who made Blair Witch probably thought the same at some point.

Angra
08-24-2005, 09:20 AM
It's a latex version, found it at http://www.latexmaskcentral.com/ArchiveDisplay.php?cat=48. Isn't is great?

Yeah, it´s cool. :cool:

yourlastmistake
08-24-2005, 04:40 PM
This time I will work on what I realized people really care for: extreme gore!!!!!!!

It surely can't hurt. Good Luck to you Miguelito and...

MoonLit Meadow
08-24-2005, 06:47 PM

Welcome Miguel and have fun...good luck with your next movie project, as well...try not to get discouraged...if you don't keep at it, you'll never know what could've been :)

mothermold
08-25-2005, 01:33 AM

keep at it and remember.............it takes brass balls to be a filmmaker!!

welcome.

EXTR3MIST
08-26-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST

>sob!<

well there's always pm's ;)

LOL, you dirty little sod!

:p

DraculaInDallas
08-31-2005, 09:30 PM
My name is Miguel . I have made only one attempt at filmmaking with a dv camera I borrowed from a friend. The short (2 minutes) was entitled "My Dog Fucked A Burrito Supreme"

:D

allmykids
09-04-2005, 04:43 AM
WELCOME!! ;)