PDA

View Full Version : men behind the sun

buddy
01-14-2004, 05:22 AM
anyone seen it? very good film about the horrors the japanese army visited upon chinese victims during/after ww2. based on reallity, there are some gruesome scenes in it. it's a well done film, seemed to have a decent budget and, since it's based upon true accounts, it might be worth your while..

all you sick b*stards! ;)

dmihatmttl
01-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeah, this one's pretty damn disturbing. Certain images in that movie will *always* stay with me . . . .

Ugh.

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

buddy
01-15-2004, 03:38 AM
hear that! it's hard to actually 'like' this movie because it's so nasty. the scene with the cat (they used a real f*ckin cat!!) and all those rats... and the pressurization chamber alright, i've said enough

Eddy Gein
08-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Men behind the sun... wow i wasnt redy for that. i think the reason this one bothered me was because i know this happend, this was real. each death in this movie is a documented fact things just like that were done in the camp this movie was based on. i was just woundering if anyone else has seen this one. im fresh off of watching it like i just got dont like a few seconds ago. i want to pet my cat now and if youve seen this you know why.

novakru
08-22-2005, 08:23 PM
I haven't seen it.
Not sure I want to.
Schindlers List had me messed up for weeks.

Eddy Gein
08-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by novakru
I haven't seen it.
Not sure I want to.
Schindlers List had me messed up for weeks.
yeah this one makes schindlers list look like 16 candels. i have a pretty strong stomach when it comes to horror cannibal houlacost was no biggy but this flick left me feeling sad and i just felt like i needed to take a bath.

DraculaInDallas
08-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Eddy Gein
yeah this one makes schindlers list look like 16 candels. i have a pretty strong stomach when it comes to horror cannibal houlacost was no biggy but this flick left me feeling sad and i just felt like i needed to take a bath.

I have not heard of this film, sounds interesting.....some more info would be appreciated :)

Elvis_Christ
08-22-2005, 10:07 PM
I really dug this film when I saw it a few years ago (despite it having badly dubbed voices - a pet hate). Wasn't sure how much was cut out of the version I watched, it definatley had some fucked up shit in it.
Some info for Mr Dracula (http://monsterhunter.coldfusionvideo.com/MenBehindSun.html)

...... I still haven't check out Salo yet. Not sure if I'm into that kinda thing these days.

DraculaInDallas
08-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
I really dug this film when I saw it a few years ago (despite it having badly dubbed voices - a pet hate). Wasn't sure how much was cut out of the version I watched, it definatley had some fucked up shit in it.
Some info for Mr Dracula (http://monsterhunter.coldfusionvideo.com/MenBehindSun.html)

...... I still haven't check out Salo yet. Not sure if I'm into that kinda thing these days.

Thanks EC :)

jenna26
08-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Well, I just read up on this one and I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to stand it. Think I will steer clear.....shudders

Elvis_Christ
08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Pussy :p

jenna26
08-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Pussy :p

Well yeah....LMFAO.....

Now I have to watch it....:rolleyes: ;)

Eddy Gein
08-22-2005, 10:37 PM
yeah dont get me wront its pretty raw but its a great movie if your into that kinda thing. in the same boat as cannible houlacoust, i spit on your grave and last house on the left. but unlike the others this is based off of real events.
and good luck finding a uncut copy too. unless you download it somewhere or something you'll have to scour the earth for this one.

Elvis_Christ
08-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by jenna26
Well yeah....LMFAO.....

Now I have to watch it....:rolleyes: ;)

Its a double dare now.....

so YOU HAVE TO

its THE RULES!

:D

jenna26
08-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Its a double dare now.....

so YOU HAVE TO

its THE RULES!

*Gasp* Not the dreaded double dare....:eek:

You're right now I have to....

It is on the Netflix list....:p

Elvis_Christ
08-22-2005, 10:55 PM
*wonders what else he could double dare you to do???!!*

ummmmmmmmm.......

jenna26
08-22-2005, 11:05 PM
*wonders what else he could double dare you to do???!!*

ummmmmmmmm.......

The double dare is a powerful thing.....so use wisely....:p

zwoti
08-22-2005, 11:13 PM
certainly a strong film and the best of the trilogy

Elvis_Christ
08-22-2005, 11:23 PM
I didn't know there was a third entry :confused:

..... haven't come across the 2nd one over here either.

zwoti
08-22-2005, 11:25 PM
I didn't know there was a third entry :confused:

..... haven't come across the 2nd one over here either.

the men behind the sun
laboratory of the devil
a narrow escape

Angra
08-22-2005, 11:35 PM
I think i remember reading several comments on IMDB calling it the most disgusting movie ever.

I´m staying the hell away from it.:D

EXTR3MIST
08-24-2005, 04:59 AM
The film is about the Japanese germ warfare facility (#731), and a supposedly true account of experimental atrocities the Japs committed there against the Chinese.

How much truth there is in these experiments (the freezing, heating, then tearing off of skin... the pressure chamber that makes your intestines shoot out of your arse) is dubious, but if nothing else Men Behind the Sun comes across as a powerful propaganda film.

Contientious elements include: the rumoured use of real cadavers in an incineration scene, the mauling of a cat by dozens of frenzied rats ("filmmaker2" would have kittens him/herself if he/she saw this one) and the igniting of said rats after they are doused in something flammable.

EXTR3MIST
08-24-2005, 05:01 AM
I didn't know there was a third entry

Until last night, neither did my wife.

:eek:

Elvis_Christ
08-24-2005, 05:07 AM
You're going straight to Hell for that one.

SPLATTERGORIA
08-24-2005, 05:13 AM
This definitely sounds like my kind of flick.

EXTR3MIST
08-24-2005, 06:55 AM
The sequels are not up to scratch, like the man said.

Lab of the Devil is more (of the same) experiments, and Narrow Escape is plain bland.

The subtitled version of Lab of the Devil is cut BTW - the English dubbed version is not.

An unofficial "sequel" - Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre, by the original director - is better (including an extraordinarily nasty scene involving a baby popped into a cauldron of boiling water...).

Braddock
08-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Yeah, as has been mentioned the thing that REALLY bothered me and will stop me seeing it is this:

"Mous, wanting desperately to show the realism in these various scenes, completely goes over the edge of filmmaking. During the scene where the mute is being cut open and several of his innards removed...the crew actually used a real body of a boy of the actor's age who had been recently killed in a car accident. What you witness in those scenes are real doctors (dressed up to look like the actors) cutting open a real person."

Really sickening stuff. You can read more about it here (http://www.geocities.com/pangit_cash/mbts.html) .

EXTR3MIST
08-25-2005, 07:03 AM
Men Behind the Sun is a real rumour-machine, with even the inestines-exploding-out-the-anus scene said to utilise a real corpse (it isn't, it's a special effect).

The young boy seen autopsied is a real cadaver however - the director asked the police and his parents for permission to film this process, and they agreed once they understood the subject matter and purpose of Mous' film.

Like Cannibal Holocaust, Aftermath and Faces of Death, Men Behind the Sun really seperates the men from the boys in terms of uncompromising hardcore viewing.

Angra
08-25-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Men Behind the Sun is a real rumour-machine, with even the inestines-exploding-out-the-anus scene said to utilise a real corpse (it isn't, it's a special effect).

The young boy seen autopsied is a real cadaver however - the director asked the police and his parents for permission to film this process, and they agreed once they understood the subject matter and purpose of Mous' film.

Like Cannibal Holocaust, Aftermath and Faces of Death, Men Behind the Sun really seperates the men from the boys in terms of uncompromising hardcore viewing.

What kind of sick parents wants the corpse of their dead child in an exploitation film?:confused: :mad:

EXTR3MIST
08-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Men Behind the Sun is considered more as propaganda.

The chinese boy's parents understood the film would be underlining - not exploiting - the horrific treatment of the Chinese at the hands of the Japs, and allowed their son to be involved in it.

komi
09-16-2005, 02:22 PM
movie is nothing special

:rolleyes:

PR3SSUR3
09-21-2005, 11:30 AM
It's special enough to shock everyone who is able to sit through it.

Number 6
07-01-2006, 09:38 AM
has anybody else subjected themselves to this downer of a film?

really more of a torture/gore film....that tackles the subject of the experiments the Japanese performed on Chinese prisoners of war....very realistic effects.....and unfortunatly some true animal killing....but worth viewing for the historical subject matter....and well the gore

zwoti
07-01-2006, 10:51 AM
http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17360

The Mothman
07-22-2006, 10:59 AM
never watching that.

alkytrio666
08-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Is this the one where the guy unplugs a man's life machine and beats off in his helpless face?

knife_fight
08-12-2006, 12:43 PM
I definitely don't remember that. you sure you weren't watching one of the Ilsa movies?

alkytrio666
08-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by knife_fight
I definitely don't remember that. you sure you weren't watching one of the Ilsa movies?

Coulda' been. I'll look into it.

PR3SSUR3
08-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Is this the one where the guy unplugs a man's life machine and beats off in his helpless face?

This is hands down the funniest sentence I've read this week.

lol

XtRaVa
08-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by alkytrio666

What the fuck? That's very disturbing =/