PDA

View Full Version : My current dilemma...

Delfino
08-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Ok, I've got a personal dilemma that I need some words of advice for.

This thursday I find out my A' level results and whether or not I'm good enough to get onto the course I want at University.
However, yesterday I discovered a new course at the same university that was what I was originally looking for but wasn't there at the start of the year.

One course is Computer Games Design, the area I would focus on is 3D modelling and animation. Other areas include programming, sound engineering..etc..etc

The course I discovered yesterday was CGI and Animatronics, which focusses on 3D modelling and animation as well as compositing, blue-screening and so on as well as animatronics which is just interesting in itself.

I'm equally interested in both courses, and the career opportunities in both are very appealing (even though their primary career paths are a bitch to get into: computer games design, and the film industry) such things as engineering and architecture are amoung them. However I want to use my 3D/ Animation skills to focus on film, so its kind of a dilemma in the way that both can adapt to that industry but I don't know how much depth each course covers...

Any suggestions oh great horror-fan overlords?

Cheers

Delfino

MisterSadistro
08-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Unfortunately, this something only you can decide on, Delfino. I'd say stick with your original agenda. You can always take the new course later (assuming it's not only going to be offered only for this semester).
CK

Delfino
08-18-2005, 01:34 AM
In just over an hour my future will be determined by a piece of paper showing whether I have attained the grades I need to get into University at all.

Its a scary thought...

If I get into Uni I'm gonna' get wasted with some Kronenbourg and some KFC (the two REAL special K's)...if I don't get in I'm going to get wasted with some Kronenbourg and comfort eat some KFC. :)

I'm well and truly shitting myself over this...nerves are a mess and have been for a fortnight.

Delfino

MisterSadistro
08-18-2005, 06:21 AM
Best of luck. Keep us posted.
CK

Delfino
08-18-2005, 06:25 AM
I just got back, what can I say...I've got a lot of people saying "I told you so..."

I got an A' in IT...a C in Media Studies and a C in English.

What suprised me the most was the last media exam I took in June was a killer...I completely thought I scraped an E' in it...turns out I only got a fuckin A' in it :)

English I only JUST got a C....but ah well, a C's a C to me now.

Looks like I'ma packing my bags in the next few weeks. Strangely enough I'm housed with both of my co-producers...what are the freaking odds.

:)

Delfino

MisterSadistro
08-18-2005, 06:36 AM
I'm in America and we go by a different grading system here. I'm assuming that these are good grades for you ? Congratulations in that case.
I'm pretty psyched myself right now. I ran into a classmate of mine from high school last week. He's an actor/writer and has friends that are a DP and a make up fx guy. Then a reviewer/writer that has been in contact with a producer I work with in NY turns out to live 6 blocks away. He also has various film friends scattered through the city who have doing little as of late. I've pooled them all together and finally have the core group for my film company. We start shooting our first short in mid September. Of course I won't spam it here when it's finished LOL
CK

novakru
08-18-2005, 06:39 AM
Congratulations Delfino:D