PDA

View Full Version : New here and seeking input

Doc Faustus
08-14-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm new to this site and joined with a couple of intentions:
1.) to write articles and reviews if possible
2.) to see what was going on in the genre that has influenced my work and interests the most
3.) to see what others think of which horror films
4.) to interview horror fans regarding attitudes about slasher films, horror, morality, religion and the influence darker culture has had on their worldviews.

Anybody who would like to chime in on these subjects or has things to say about the Cell, Blue Velvet, Saw or Opera, please send me a pm or email. I will reply promptly, be responsive and eager to hear from people and would be glad to give my own say wherever it might help out. I've been watching and enjoying horror my whole life in all its forms. I'm translating Dante, writing a novel about serial killers and religiously watch old horror favorites whenever I get the chance. Pleased to make horror.com's accquaintance. I hope to make these forums a better place.

DraculaInDallas
08-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Doc Faustus
I'm new to this site and joined with a couple of intentions:
1.) to write articles and reviews if possible
2.) to see what was going on in the genre that has influenced my work and interests the most
3.) to see what others think of which horror films
4.) to interview horror fans regarding attitudes about slasher films, horror, morality, religion and the influence darker culture has had on their worldviews.

Anybody who would like to chime in on these subjects or has things to say about the Cell, Blue Velvet, Saw or Opera, please send me a pm or email. I will reply promptly, be responsive and eager to hear from people and would be glad to give my own say wherever it might help out. I've been watching and enjoying horror my whole life in all its forms. I'm translating Dante, writing a novel about serial killers and religiously watch old horror favorites whenever I get the chance. Pleased to make horror.com's accquaintance. I hope to make these forums a better place.

Isn't that fucking special :rolleyes:
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
keep scrolling wad gobbler :D
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
nevermind........just fuck off

The STE
08-14-2005, 10:36 PM
I hope to make these forums a better place.

so, you're leaving, then?

AUSTIN316426808
08-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by The STE
so, you're leaving, then?

That was simple but so fucking funny

zomb5150
08-15-2005, 05:00 AM
I thought He'd never leave.

Doc Faustus
08-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks fuckers. You really know how to help a guy out. I'm writing a book, assholes. Thought maybe somebody who had seen a fucking movie would be able to coherently talk about it and give me some info. So, thanks, dickheads. I will indeed pack my bags and look for a dark alley or a Burger King men's room where I can find people more cultured and helpful. This looked like a good forum for about ten minutes.

Zero
08-15-2005, 08:55 AM
This looked like a good forum for about ten minutes.

10 . . .. but this one goes to 11.

Doc Faustus
08-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Stupid no cable. I've gotta start reading the papers again. There was/ is a Spinal Tap sequel. This is Spinal Tap was so shit your pants funny.

Zero
08-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Spinal Tap is one of those movies I can sit down and watch anytime and still get the giggles. Its both hilariously funny and so damn on-target with the whole world of rock and roll.

Doc Faustus
08-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Yeah. Christopher Guest is so good at finding what's hillarious and pathetic about something. It's cool to see celebrities being losers.

zwoti
08-15-2005, 11:51 AM
welcome...............don't take things personally......etc

and keep repeating

it's only a forum...
it's only a forum...

© Ninja Mod Inc.

AUSTIN316426808
08-15-2005, 04:53 PM
I will indeed pack my bags and look for a dark alley or a Burger King men's room where I can find people more cultured and helpful.

I bet you always go to dark alleys and men's rooms ''seeking input''

DraculaInDallas
08-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I bet you always go to dark alleys and men's rooms ''seeking input''

LMAO!!!! :D

feral cat
08-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I bet you always go to dark alleys and men's rooms ''seeking input'' ... now that was funny :D

welcome Doc Faustus :cool:

Doc Faustus
08-16-2005, 08:07 AM
You're right. That was pretty damn good. Sorry, haven't been to a new member's lounge for ages. Forgot what it's for. If anybody can answer some questions for the book I'm writing, it would be really cool, but the forums outside the member's lounge are pretty refreshing. It's nice to see people talking about the topic of their forums sometimes, which I see pretty rarely in other forums. I hope better books on horror might lead to more good horror movies. I saw Boogeyman last night and realized that there is one hardcore strict formula for PG-13 horror movies which are being mass produced and declared innovative and edgy.

The_Return
08-16-2005, 08:24 AM
You're right. That was pretty damn good. Sorry, haven't been to a new member's lounge for ages. Forgot what it's for. If anybody can answer some questions for the book I'm writing, it would be really cool, but the forums outside the member's lounge are pretty refreshing. It's nice to see people talking about the topic of their forums sometimes, which I see pretty rarely in other forums. I hope better books on horror might lead to more good horror movies. I saw Boogeyman last night and realized that there is one hardcore strict formula for PG-13 horror movies which are being mass produced and declared innovative and edgy.

Whoever declared Boogeyman "innovative and edgy" should be shot. More than once.

Doc Faustus
08-16-2005, 10:30 AM
The cover harbors a wretched and stupid review declaring it the scariest movie ever. By the way your list is very cool. Dr. Phibes is my hero. I was hoping they had his as an av on this site.

zwoti
08-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Dr. Phibes is my hero. I was hoping they had his as an av on this site.

make your own?