PDA

View Full Version : Free toothbrushes and why I hate the dentist

ItsAlive75
08-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Time for a rant.

I just got back from goin' to the dentist, which is always a joy. So I wait for a half an hour past my appointment, and go sit down in that creepy plastic chair that moves a lot and makes creepy sounds when it moves. The girl comes over and starts cleaning, and starts picking at my gums with that little metal pick thing which hurt like shit. So I can taste blood in my mouth and I realize I'm bleeding WAY too much.

She says there's some shit under my top gum that's making it swollen and she has to dig under it. I ask if I need anesthesia and she says no, so its go time. Yeah, she tore the SHIT out of my gum, I could see blood coming down my chin. The dentist comes over and starts tooling away, blah blah blah I got a toothbrush and some floss.

What the fuck is with the dentist? They get paid to make my mouth all bloody and gross? I floss every day dammit, I've never gotten a filling or cavity EVER! So why do I have to go through the bullshit and listen to some bitch say, "You need to brush softer". SOFTER? Get fucked, I brush fine, thank you...

But... I got a toothbrush... and some floss.

Rant over.

alkytrio666
08-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Amen. There's no such thing as a gentle dentist, they're all monsters.

I hate going. I usually bleed too.

Shade
08-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Remember that movie the Dentist? So true to real life. I've never had to have any real work done but when I was younger my teeth wouldn't come out normally so two had to be pulled. So the nurse brings in the novacaine, the doctor puts the needle in my mouth, and the next thing I hear him say is : "Oops, I missed." HOW THE HELL DO YOU MISS THE ROOF OF SOMEONE'S MOUTH?! I won't even go into what happened after that. I bled and cussed like an eight year old sailor. Even the "cleanings" are uncomforatable...and rubber gloves taste terriable...

moonsorrow
08-11-2005, 01:48 PM
ach... tell me bou it, its insane how much they torture you (though to their defence it would have been worse if they didnt.)
i had to extract all my wisdom teeth, now two of them came out easy, no pain, but the other two he couldnt just pull, had to opperate... il never forget opening my eyes in the middle of surgery only to see him standing there with a hammer and chisle in my mouth!
and when i thought the worst part was over came the time for the bill.... witch was about 350.

Gren the cake
08-11-2005, 03:47 PM
i actually always liked the dentist, but thats cuz my dentist is cool as shit. i've seen him my whole life, meaning, he's seen me grow up.

i have a pick of him when i was about 8. he was workin on my brother, and i was wtaching. I was holding my little blue mouse stuffed animal, with the squeaky ears.

The_Return
08-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Ive never minded the dentist either. Time off school, free toothbrush...what more could you want?

newb
08-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Quit your bitching...ya got a free toothbrush.
And stop eating shit so it don't get stuck up under your gums.

ItsAlive75
08-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by newb
stop eating shit so it don't get stuck up under your gums.

Don't talk that way about Olive Garden...

newb
08-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Don't talk that way about Olive Garden...

Love the breadsticks.:)

ItsAlive75
08-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Yeah, actually I just came back from there, I went with mi familia. Breadsticks were good, lasagna was good, CHOCOLATE lasagna was good... service was bad, but lasagna was good.

Thepuppetmaster
08-12-2005, 08:36 AM
well I enjoy going to the dentist's. Mainly for the drugs and thats about it

Zero
08-12-2005, 08:57 AM
I had my wisdom teeth taken out (hence my foolishness) and it was like something out of Marathon Man- the drill kept shorting out and two guys were holding my head while the dentist tried to pry the tooth out of my jaw. He just kept saying, "oh, sorry about this."

Of course, I was going to complain as I left but since my face was numb, I couldn't feel my tongue and there was blood oozing down my shirt I figured I'd wait and complain later.

urgeok
08-12-2005, 10:30 AM
you want to get rid of the bleeding ? get an electric toothbrush ..
one of those oral b ones.

i did and it changed my dental life - worth every penny.

The STE
08-12-2005, 08:48 PM
this one guy I went to would talk to and joke around with the nurse while he was sticking the fucking NEEDLE IN YOUR GUMS! We quit going to him. The bloke we go to now is great. Good root canal peoples there, too.

ItsAlive75
08-13-2005, 07:07 AM
I guess it all depends on who you go to...

When I was little my dentist was this big fat guy who smelled like a cake when it starting to get old, but it's still in that "I can eat you" phase. He was awesome.

That should be the rule. If anyone is going to be touching you for more than thirty seconds, or is doing something to you that could possibly injure you, he should be a really fat guy who smells like delicious food. Cuz at the very least, if he screws up, HOW ya gonna get mad at a big fat guy who smells like cake?

jenna26
08-13-2005, 10:17 PM
I hate going to the dentist. They are all sadists I tell you, it is a job requirement, I'm sure of it.

I actually went to one that was okay, I had seen him my entire life and was kind of comfortable with him. But he retired last year.....:( So now I see the woman that took over his building and I am telling you, she is just mean. One of the reasons I hate it so much though is my jaw locks up after awhile, I have to make sure I take ibuprofen or something before I go in or I am in for some pain.

urgeok
08-14-2005, 02:19 AM
i'm telling you guys - get an electric toothbrush !! (the round head kind)

jenna26
08-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
i'm telling you guys - get an electric toothbrush !! (the round head kind)

I have one!:D

It doesn't help my jaw though. It can't work miracles.:p But no seriously, you're right, it is much better.

urgeok
08-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by jenna26
I have one!:D

It doesn't help my jaw though. It can't work miracles.:p But no seriously, you're right, it is much better.

you dont want to hear my theory in public on why your jaw keeps locking :D

jenna26
08-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
you dont want to hear my theory in public on why your jaw keeps locking :D

Oh you're a funny man. I think I can work that one out for myself....:rolleyes: :p

jenna26
08-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by hellboy
Sorry i keep doing that to you, baby.;) :(

Sure that's what you say now... :( :p

jenna26
08-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by hellboy
Dont I always kiss it to make it feel better?:(

Ha! Since when?:mad: ;)

doktorkoan
08-15-2005, 10:50 AM
I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years back. Three days later I flew out to a newspaper in California to train all the staff on how to use their new computer system. Two weeks of pubic speaking all day long on vicoden. Basically I was feeling like Superman for the first four hours each day. I'd return from lunch (an adventure in itself), then another four hours of wanting to crawl under a table and sleep while everyone in the class poked around their computers and figured out the database for themselves. It was really surreal.