PDA

View Full Version : A lost movie question

Cannibal Carl
11-29-2003, 07:06 PM
I remember watching a movie late at night on Cinemax about 10 years ago.

It was a movie about a detective who was investigating a haunted house. He said something to the effect of "If we don't get out of here, we'll all be ghost toasties."

On the "scary" parts of the movie, a guy (the ghost) appeared in a breif cut scene to say "rheh!". He was an older guy with white hair and a beard.

It was one of the silliest things i've ever seen.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Does anyone know what this movie is called?

heapodd
12-02-2003, 10:08 AM
Sorry, would like to help but haven't got a clue - have you any more details about the movie?

Cannibal Carl
12-02-2003, 04:51 PM
I don't really have many more details...

I was probably closer to about 12-14 years ago on Cable, making the movie a mid to late 80's flick.

The two scenes that really stand out in my mind are the "ghost toasties" line and another:

Near the end of the movie, after the girl has gone missing, the detective finds her in the attic of the house, in a chair with her back to him. He carefully approaces her, unable to see her face. He reaches out to turn her around. When she turns around, it shows the ghost guy's face, who lets out a "rhah!".

The detective had dark hair.

That's about all I remember...

heapodd
12-03-2003, 02:50 PM
The only movie I can think of which features a detective (ok so he was a ghost detective), was very silly and involved a mad woman in a house was The Frighteners but I'm sure it wasn't that.
:confused:

Cannibal Carl
12-07-2003, 09:36 PM
No, it's not the frightners.

It was slightly older and much sillier.
Actually, it was silly to the point of being dumb, since it presented itself as a serious movie.

But thanks for your help, though, guys.
I'm gonna try to do a little more research in some movie databases.

Ryan_Zombie
12-10-2003, 07:00 AM
HOUSE' maybe?

Dave
12-11-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Ryan_Zombie
HOUSE' maybe?

sounds worse than House actually lol...I'm wanting to see this movie now though

Cannibal Carl
12-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Much worse that "House". Unfortunately, I'm not finding any leads as to what the name of the movie is, and I can't really remember any more about it.

Dave
12-15-2003, 07:26 PM
Hmm...you are making me wonder about a horror movie I saw with a giant Smurf in it that was killing people. Now, if you can find someone to find that, I'm sure they can find the one you are talking about.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
12-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Was it a full length horror flick of could it had been Tales from the Darkside...Tales from the Crypt?...a possible series?maybe Twilight Zone..shit now Im going to have to go through my collection to see if it is in there....

Cannibal Carl
12-18-2003, 01:22 AM
It's kind of tough to remember now, but I think it was actually a full length movie.