PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Mask


ItsAlive75
07-24-2005, 06:51 PM
I just heard about this a few minutes ago. It looks like a modern day Alice in Wonderland or Wizard of Oz, the visuals are amazing. Check it ouuuuut!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/mirrormask.html

MoonLit Meadow
07-24-2005, 09:59 PM
That looks VERY cool...it totally takes me back to movies like "Labyrinth" and like they mentioned "The Dark Crystal"...AND..."Alice in Wonderland" is my fav Disney movie...so, this will definately be something I'll go and see. Thanks for the heads up :D

ItsAlive75
07-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey, helping others is my main thing.

MoonLit Meadow
07-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Hey, helping others is my main thing.

Some of the noobs might disagree ;) muahahahah.:p

ItsAlive75
07-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by MoonLit Meadow
Some of the noobs might disagree ;) muahahahah.:p

Hey, that's called tough love! If they don't like it, they can go run down to the nurse's office and get a band-aid.

You know me, I'm the biggest hard-ass ever.:D

MoonLit Meadow
07-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Hey, that's called tough love! If they don't like it, they can go run down to the nurse's office and get a band-aid.

You know me, I'm the biggest hard-ass ever.:D

Oh yeah I know...you used to be such a bastard to me...always telling me to STFU etc....GOD you were a jerk. Even now you call me a bitch from time to time...but we're such good friends, I get past it ;)

ItsAlive75
07-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by MoonLit Meadow
Oh yeah I know...you used to be such a bastard to me...always telling me to STFU etc....GOD you were a jerk. Even now you call me a bitch from time to time...but we're such good friends, I get past it ;)

Hey now... you're gonna get some folks mad at me, you devil you.:D

Angra
07-24-2005, 10:47 PM
"Mirror mask"....... Isnīt it the new Neil Gaiman & Henderson Movie?

Iīve been a huge fan of auther Neil Gaiman ever since i read "Neverwhere". Fucking awesome book!!!

novakru
07-25-2005, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Angra
"Mirror mask"....... Isnīt it the new Neil Gaiman & Henderson Movie?

Iīve been a huge fan of auther Neil Gaiman ever since i read "Neverwhere". Fucking awesome book!!!

Did you happen to catch 'Neverwhere' the TV series?

Angra
07-25-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by novakru
Did you happen to catch 'Neverwhere' the TV series?


Donīt...mention...the war.



It was a pure insult to the book.



:mad: :mad: :mad:

ADOM
08-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Looks great. Dark and moody, weird and fantastic. What I like about the Henson Company is they will push the look of their creations so far over the top that looking unreal becomes part of what makes them seem real. Does that make sense to anyone?

Angra
08-21-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by ADOM
Looks great. Dark and moody, weird and fantastic. What I like about the Henson Company is they will push the look of their creations so far over the top that looking unreal becomes part of what makes them seem real. Does that make sense to anyone?



......... Nope! :rolleyes:

thepsychicfetus
08-21-2005, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
I just heard about this a few minutes ago. It looks like a modern day Alice in Wonderland or Wizard of Oz, the visuals are amazing. Check it ouuuuut!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/mirrormask.html

looks pretty good(especially since it comes from the same ppl who did the dark crystal and labyrinth; loved those movies as a kid) hopefully david bowie isnt in this one with his terrible cod piece though...

Angra
08-21-2005, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by thepsychicfetus
looks pretty good(especially since it comes from the same ppl who did the dark crystal and labyrinth; loved those movies as a kid) hopefully david bowie isnt in this one with his terrible cod piece though...


I thought he was really good in "Labyrinth". Okay, his ballet costume was a little embarrasing, but he still played his character well.

Doc Faustus
08-21-2005, 11:29 AM
The production design's by Dave Mc Kean, who does a lot of Gaiman's Sandman and for comic people around here, Arkham Asylum by Grant Morrison. Mc Kean and Gaiman have worked together on stuff for years, so Mirrormask is obviously going to look and be awesome. I've been waiting so long for Gaiman to do a movie and everything he's written is usually too big to make a movie out of. I've heard rumors of a Sandman movie, which I hope are untrue. Any Sandman GN is at least 5 hours of material. So, it's good that he's created something distinctly as a movie, because his work is way too intricate and complicated to be adapted.

The_Return
08-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Never heard of it before, but the trailer looks damn good. I might check it out:)