PDA

View Full Version : Ive Been Thinking

RavageRitual
07-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Ive Been Thinking about making a horror film for a long time now, ive gathered up lots of ideas, but i cant get past the beggining,

Heres what I have...Would a movie scare you right off the bat, if you are in a dark theatre, and the next thing you hear is screaming the most painful scream youve ever heard, but you cant see anything, next you hear somebody walking on a hard floor, as hes walking the screaming gets louder and more intense, finnaly a door swings open and for the first time in the film you can see but what you see isnt pretty, a boy of 7 yrs old laying in his bed, squirmin like a worm, gasping for air, while the boy is holding on to his stomach, he lets go and his insides fall out and soon the white sheets are govered in a dark red, he screams louder and louder. Then you hear the footsteps again and the camera comes closer to the boy, the boy looks into the camers and says "Allen", you then hear a rough deep voice reply.. Im sorry kid, but i have fed you a toxic poison, in which allowed your appendix to grow, and as you can see explode inside of you, the toxic fluid from indside your appendix has eaten your flesh, but dont worry, the pain will be gone soon..bye bye now. The camera turns around and heads for the door along with the footsteps.

Meet Allen Degenero, 23 year old child serial killer, Abused by people at school, all his life, and knows no different of them. Has no pity for any of his victims,

This is my first thing i have ever written, So I dont expect a whole lot of myself. But i would greatly apprictiate your help and your comments..good or bad. Thanks

meetthecreeper
07-24-2005, 05:09 PM
That has to be the longest beginning sentence in history.

Great use of the comma.

No it would not scare me. But then again I like most on here are horror film veterans.

I would watch it if there was plenty of gore but it would have to be original.

And the exploding stomach has been done before.

Maybe if you make him throw up his entire insides and then they hang there from his mouth. Then when the killer walks in have him grab the endtrails and suck them up like spagetti.

Have the killer eat the endtrails and then have the killer cut open the boy and vomit the endtrails back into the empty stomach cavity.

That would be original and disgusting, possibly scary but probably not.

What the fook I just gave you my ideas. Dont use them in a film unless you pay me royalties for my idea:eek: .

Creeper

The_Return
07-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Im not a big fan of kids getting killed....so I guess I shouldnt comment:p

The STE
07-24-2005, 05:21 PM
sounds like shit

meetthecreeper
07-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Im not a big fan of kids getting killed....so I guess I shouldnt comment:p

For the record I am not either. Put an adult in place of the child, perhaps a college coed.

RavageRitual
07-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by meetthecreeper
That has to be the longest beginning sentence in history.

Great use of the comma.

No it would not scare me. But then again I like most on here are horror film veterans.

I would watch it if there was plenty of gore but it would have to be original.

And the exploding stomach has been done before.

Maybe if you make him throw up his entire insides and then they hang there from his mouth. Then when the killer walks in have him grab the endtrails and suck them up like spagetti.

Have the killer eat the endtrails and then have the killer cut open the boy and vomit the endtrails back into the empty stomach cavity.

That would be original and disgusting, possibly scary but probably not.

What the fook I just gave you my ideas. Dont use them in a film unless you pay me royalties for my idea:eek: .

Creeper

I had a smile on my face the whole time while reading your post, unfortunantly That would be hard as hell for me to be able to do a person vomiting up thier insides. And after thinking about it, and seeing both of your guys reaction, i agree with you about the child, I dont think anyone should have to see a child in a situation like that. Thanks for your comments.

MisterSadistro
07-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Since you already gave away the beginning, I won't be surprised by it now :D
Don't feel bad about the "dead kid" thing. I got a ton of shit for doing that in a badly done movie trailer of mine I put online. I decided to keep it in the movie and make it even more graphic (little girl gets shot in the head in slow motion). It sets up my whole plot as horrible as it is. Ugly, real ugly.
CK

AUSTIN316426808
07-24-2005, 07:59 PM
I think you would get a jump from some people if the first thing that happens is a loud scream but besides that it sounded boring and the killers line was rather lame.

g star
07-24-2005, 08:10 PM
well ravage, if nothing else you just got a lesson in how to take criticism. i personally don't think your idea is too bad. of course a lot of it will depend on your actors, lighting, sound, editing, etc etc. good production can make the lamest scene great and bad production can make the greatest scene lame. and as far as killing kids, fuck it. it's just a movie. kill all the little kids you want.

RavageRitual
07-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I think you would get a jump from some people if the first thing that happens is a loud scream but besides that it sounded boring and the killers line was rather lame.

Well as I said before, this is my first so dont expect much from me right now, i still have tons and tons of work to do to the whole thing.

g star , thanks alot for your comments

AUSTIN316426808
07-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by RavageRitual
Well as I said before, this is my first so dont expect much from me right now, i still have tons and tons of work to do to the whole thing.

g star , thanks alot for your comments

I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything just giving my straight forward honest opinion.

RavageRitual
07-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything just giving my straight forward honest opinion.

I know your not trying to be a dick, and im glad your honest.

MisterSadistro
07-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Just remember: sound, lighting, camera angles and pacing. Simple stuff, but you'd be surprised (or rather not surprised) how often a horror film doesn't work since these factors are disregarded. You know what a backyard horror film usually ends up looking like without them? A backyard horror film. I love reading people say they're influenced by Carpenter, Argento, etc, but there isn't the slightest indication that they have a clue about why these films were so effective when they make their own. I guess it's easier to splash around some fake blood and call it a homage than to put any real effort into understanding how to make something truly scary. Good luck on it.
CK

RavageRitual
07-25-2005, 09:31 PM
yea shit like "the blair with project", hows it sopposed to be scary if you cant see anything. Anyway, I will deffinantly keep in mind that stuff, thanks alot for your comments

MisterSadistro
07-28-2005, 01:30 AM
I'd say something you don't see (or only see flashes of) will likely be scarier than something you do see.
CK

RavageRitual
07-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
I'd say something you don't see (or only see flashes of) will likely be scarier than something you do see.
CK

Ok, thanks Ill keep everything you say in mind while I get everything together and finish writing the script and everything

MisterSadistro
07-28-2005, 12:19 PM
I have a friend who's filming a movie in PA starting in a few weeks. He can always use extra cast and crew. If you're interested, drop me a PM. The best way to learn how to get a film started is to be there firsthand.
CK

FangoFan
07-29-2005, 10:46 AM
You know how I know it would sell. 'Cuz it's cliched and about as old as beating a dead horse can get.

MisterSadistro
07-29-2005, 11:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/darthvonpokemon/horse.jpg
Just happened to have this handy for posting purposes :D
CK

urgeok
07-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/darthvonpokemon/horse.jpg
Just happened to have this handy for posting purposes :D
CK

you really have to find pictures with better backgrounds.
you're words are getting lost in the trees..

RavageRitual
07-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by FangoFan
You know how I know it would sell. 'Cuz it's cliched and about as old as beating a dead horse can get.

oh well...

FangoFan
07-29-2005, 10:23 PM
I think the idea should be to do something unique. Have an idea of at least one scene. Close your eyes and play that scene in your mind like as if you we're there. Is it something that even remotely scares you. If you can scare yourself with your own ideas and use emotion with the scenes then they will most likely scare others. I see a lot of horror movies and the ones that last longest in my mind are the ones that scare me. It's usually the intensity of emotions and a good mix of violence that gets into my mind most.

With a great horror film it would be unpredictable. If you use the same ideas from other movies and just blend them together it would look like a mess.

For just an example, Dagon scared me 'cuz I hadn't read the story before, and the story lead my mind from the obvious and went left when most movies would have made a right.

I didn't mean to dogshit your idea. More idea into it with emotion from the story and/or characters it would be watchable.

RavageRitual
07-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by FangoFan
I think the idea should be to do something unique. Have an idea of at least one scene. Close your eyes and play that scene in your mind like as if you we're there. Is it something that even remotely scares you. If you can scare yourself with your own ideas and use emotion with the scenes then they will most likely scare others. I see a lot of horror movies and the ones that last longest in my mind are the ones that scare me. It's usually the intensity of emotions and a good mix of violence that gets into my mind most.

With a great horror film it would be unpredictable. If you use the same ideas from other movies and just blend them together it would look like a mess.

For just an example, Dagon scared me 'cuz I hadn't read the story before, and the story lead my mind from the obvious and went left when most movies would have made a right.

I didn't mean to dogshit your idea. More idea into it with emotion from the story and/or characters it would be watchable.

Thanks alot for eveyrthing ^^^^above, it deffinantly makes sence to me ( everything you said ) Now the problem of finding something im scared of..........

FangoFan
07-29-2005, 10:40 PM
It doesn't even have to be a general idea like spiders, snakes, ghosts, etc... It could just be an image.

I write stories and sometimes tell stories amongst friends. I'm not a pro or anything but I can usually scare them pretty well.

It may sound crazy but this is what you should do. Set an atmosphere around yourself that will provoke thoughts. My mind will provoke some thoughts that can disturb me. And I start from there.

This is how it works for me. Be alone. Outside or in the basement or attic. All lights off, or maybe a small light like a candle. Actually a candle flame usually improves the atmosphere. And don't think about the physical stuff around you. Close your eyes and open your mind. Your mind should draw in some wicked and/or disturbing images. And from that first image is where a good dark idea is born. Use it to build upon.

Little Angel
07-30-2005, 05:10 AM
And don't worry whether you can do something technically or not on the first pass... You should do just what you have in you imagination. If you want to have someone vomit up their entrails, you can find a way to do it on camera.

Actually vomiting up entrails is not that hard to do if you think in cuts.

You have to have your actor fill his mouth with something like a Chef-boy-r-dee spaghetti and tomato sauce and perhaps some long wide penne pasta. Have him turn and start to vomit. Cut to the floor, and or the killer's shoes and drop a load of real pig entrails** that you've gotten from your local butcher (you may have to order these in advance and keep *fresh* for the shoot. They'll start to go of quick with retakes and lights. Squeeze them out of a bag so that when you time it with the vomiting sound effects they seem like they are being pushed out by the force of the vomiting. Cut back to to your actor with something similar hanging from their mouth and pushing out another mouthful (you may want to check with your butcher before making you actor mouth uncooked pig entrails**). More of the floor, and then back to the actor with something hanging from their mouth.

You may also want to experiment with latex tubing, the kind they tie on your arm when drawing blood, and some tomato/spaghetti sauce for flavour. Keep it clean if it's going to be around actors and their bodies... eg holding it in their mouth.

It can be done, just think around it. What does it *look like* and what else could look like that that's not so bad...

Think in cuts and how do you get that cut?

Blood gushes from his mouth = mouth full of blood coloured stuff
Entrails fall on the floor = entrails falling on the floor

But the entrails don't have to be in the actor's mouth!

** The real pig entrails may have to be handled and cleaned carefully or they may pose a health hazard on set. Normally they'd be used to make real sausage skins, so they should be edible once cooked, but raw pork meat could be a problem - hmm ask around. Beef guts??

RavageRitual
07-30-2005, 05:05 PM
FangoFan, thanks alot, I think your idea could help me alot for getting Ideas. ( which is exactly what i need more of ) So thanks.

Little Angel, Im really glad you shared with me some of your ideas for filming. Ill keep it in mind while I film in the future.