PDA

View Full Version : 2012 - London gets Olympics


ShankS
07-06-2005, 09:46 AM
We beat the French!!! at the bid for the 2012 Games, I'm very pleased :D

Paris was the hot favorite, but we gained more votes against France and other Nations contenders.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/4655555.stm

and if I'm still living in London in 6 or so years time, I'll get to see some top sport on me door step, since the last time we hosted the olympics was in 1948.

urgeok
07-06-2005, 09:47 AM
but you'll have to put up with all the bullshit that goes along with it ..

it isnt always a good thing ...



not to piss on your parade :)

ShankS
07-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
but you'll have to put up with all the bullshit that goes along with it ..

it isnt always a good thing ...



not to piss on your parade :)

but I live just far enough away from Stratford, to not get too close to that bullshit :)

zwoti
07-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
but you'll have to put up with all the bullshit that goes along with it ..

it isnt always a good thing ...



not to piss on your parade :)

who cares, we beat the french http://img116.exs.cx/img116/8935/s6vhaha.gif

ShankS
07-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
who cares, we beat the french http://img116.exs.cx/img116/8935/s6vhaha.gif


lol

zwoti
07-06-2005, 10:25 AM
anyone want a t-shirt, there's a cheap sale now on http://imageshark.ath.cx/0815/1382113489420bf3851d151.gif

urgeok
07-06-2005, 11:13 AM
ha !!

thats funny :)

newb
07-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ShankS
We beat the French!!! at the bid for the 2012 Games, I'm very pleased :D

Paris was the hot favorite, but we gained more votes against France and other Nations contenders.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/4655555.stm

and if I'm still living in London in 6 or so years time, I'll get to see some top sport on me door step, since the last time we hosted the olympics was in 1948.

Who cares....you silly english kn-ni-ghts.
Now go away...or i shall taunt you a second time.

http://www.measureformeasure.co.uk/admin/uploads/images/%7BE4A9C53F-94CF-41BB-A2CD-0FA5F59DF208%7D_21305.jpg

bwind22
07-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Way to go Englishmen!

Fuck the frenchies!

Tat2
07-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by newb
Who cares....you silly english kn-ni-ghts.
Now go away...or i shall taunt you a second time.


Gotta love Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

AUSTIN316426808
07-06-2005, 10:41 PM
I guess it's going to be in one of those ridiculously huge football stadiums.

ShankS
07-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I guess it's going to be in one of those ridiculously huge football stadiums.

the olympic village is gona be pretty huge... and yeah the football final will be played, in the new Wembly Stadium, thats being built now.

you can imagine the size... that stadium to the top middle part is the athletics stadium

ENTITY2000
07-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by zwoti
anyone want a t-shirt, there's a cheap sale now on http://imageshark.ath.cx/0815/1382113489420bf3851d151.gif
that looks sooooooo pitiful!!!!!!! poor ole woman makes me wanna buy a t-shirt

Amalthea
07-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Way to go UK!

AUSTIN316426808
07-07-2005, 12:43 AM
When is it gonna come back here......it was just one little bomb

Preacher
07-07-2005, 12:56 AM
Serves the bastards right for being so fuckin arrogant.

How dare they insult our food. At least we dont eat fuckin horse.

AUSTIN316426808
07-07-2005, 12:59 AM
They eat horses in France?

bwind22
07-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Any country that eats horse should be automatically disqualified from Olympic contention until they can get their shit straight.

Preacher
07-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
They eat horses in France?

Yeah man. They love it. And they have the cheek to slate our food when we have some of the best food in the world over here. They just dont like it cos we refuse to mask the taste of anything with excesses of garlic and onions and herbs.

The good thing about british cooking is the fact that we appreciate food for its own taste. For example a nice steak. We tend not to alter the flavour of the meat too much cos we actually want to taste it. And not just have a mouthfull of garliccy tasting stuff.

urgeok
07-07-2005, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
They eat horses in France?

so do the Dutch

bwind22
07-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
so do the Dutch

Hmmm...For some reason I don't detest them as much as the French. (Probably the legal weed!)

It's still fucking weird though.

Preacher
07-07-2005, 05:59 AM
The french are a bunch of arrogant sods who look down their nose at everyone else. The university where I work is full of em and your can see them all smirking away. I remember one french guy here was moaning about the UK - the way everything is done here, the food, the weather. So I said so why the fuck are you here if you dont like the place. And the only reason he came up with was because a british degree is stronger than a european degree. Load of old bollox.

The dutch on the other hand are very very welcoming. I myself have experienced how welcoming dutch girls can be.

ItsAlive75
07-07-2005, 01:24 PM
If the olympics were in France we'd be stuck with stupid events like "Running while smoking"...

XFeaRX
07-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Preacher
Yeah man. They love it. And they have the cheek to slate our food when we have some of the best food in the world over here. They just dont like it cos we refuse to mask the taste of anything with excesses of garlic and onions and herbs.

The good thing about british cooking is the fact that we appreciate food for its own taste. For example a nice steak. We tend not to alter the flavour of the meat too much cos we actually want to taste it. And not just have a mouthfull of garliccy tasting stuff.

One time in Russia, I was trying this meat and it was pretty good, I asked the guy what kind it was, he said horse. Kinda gagged a little at that point. Anything can taste good if you dont know what it is. Dare I say it? Ig......norance IS BLISSS

Edit- France has the best bread, cheese, and wine.

ShankS
07-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by XFeaRX


Edit- France has the best bread, cheese, and wine.

haha!! but an English farmer recently took the award, for a variety of sparkling wine, away from the French this year....was voted the best ;)

Preacher
07-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Hmmmm....

French cheese better than english cheese????

I think not.

All they have over there is bloody 'fromage' or soft cheese. S'nice dont get me wrong but theres not much variation.

English cheeses win hands down i'm afraid.

Chainsaw Guy
07-11-2005, 07:17 AM
now my NY 2012 shirt i bought it new york is useless

urgeok
07-11-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by XFeaRX


Edit- France has the best bread, cheese, and wine.



and they are the best filmmakers in the world - pound for pound...

best actresses too !

newb
07-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
and they are the best filmmakers in the world - pound for pound...


Pound for pound that may have to be New Zealand:D

http://www.pipaclub.com.ar/Fotos_Fumadores/Peter%20Jackson.jpg