PDA

View Full Version : hey, i'm new i guess.

Kreech
06-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Hello, i'm glad to have found a nice horror forum to post in. I've been a big horror fan all my life, but i only recently got into the good stuff. In the last few years i saw The Beyond by Fuliuci (damn, i know i spelled that wrong) and that was the begining of really apprietiating horror and the element of terror in all media.

Mostly though, i'm a bookworm. I will probably discuss more literature than movies in this thing. I'm a large fan of H.P. Lovecraft. I enjoy some Stephen King but i've not read enough of his books to tell weather i like them or not. The Stand is good so far, and so was Pet Semetary so we'll see.

Some reading i recomend:
Lost Souls -by Poppy Z. Brite
Waking Up Screaming - H.P. Lovecraft
The Stand -by Stephen King
Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series - by Laurell K. Hamilton
After the First Death - by Robert Corimier

Enjoy or don't. I did and do.

alkytrio666
06-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Howdy, you didn't say anything annoying!

I love books too, if you want to try more Stephen King, try these:

Geralds Game- This one is one of those "Cujo" or "Misery" type books, where you have that feeling of helplessness and being trapped through the entire reading...very, very good writing.

Everything's Eventual- Amazing, best collection of short stories I've ever read. Some are very disturbing, some humorous...it really varies and makes for a very enjoyable read.

Roadwork- This was one of the Bachman books, and my favorite of them. It isn't really very "horrifying", but more of a psychological book. It really puts good detail in on his life, as we see him go from happy-go-lucky family man to psychotic, revenge seeking killer.

ShankS
06-27-2005, 09:52 AM
What's with all the n00bs and their lame ass intros recently... "I look forward".... "I love this place".... "oh I'll fit in just right here"..... "I'm sooo glad I found this place".... "this site is awesome"....

fuck off will ya, we don't need that shit.

ﮎhankﮎ™

zwoti
06-27-2005, 10:01 AM
welcome...............don't take things personally......etc

and keep repeating

it's only a forum...
it's only a forum...

© Ninja Mod Inc.

urgeok
06-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
welcome...............don't take things personally......etc

and keep repeating

it's only a forum...
it's only a forum...

© Ninja Mod Inc.

holy shit zwoti - and you're all over me when i put the h in Fulci ! hahahahahah

zwoti
06-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
holy shit zwoti - and you're all over me when i put the h in Fulci ! hahahahahah

eh?

Kreech
06-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Howdy, you didn't say anything annoying!

I love books too, if you want to try more Stephen King, try these:

Geralds Game- This one is one of those "Cujo" or "Misery" type books, where you have that feeling of helplessness and being trapped through the entire reading...very, very good writing.

Everything's Eventual- Amazing, best collection of short stories I've ever read. Some are very disturbing, some humorous...it really varies and makes for a very enjoyable read.

Roadwork- This was one of the Bachman books, and my favorite of them. It isn't really very "horrifying", but more of a psychological book. It really puts good detail in on his life, as we see him go from happy-go-lucky family man to psychotic, revenge seeking killer.

Ah, i may very well check out Geralds Game. I forgot King wrote Misery. It's one of the only films made out of his books i like.

Thanks.

Marroe
06-27-2005, 08:04 PM
"HY"

ItsAlive75
06-27-2005, 08:04 PM
I heard from a friend of a friend that you rub up against children on the bus.

For shaaaaame.

alkytrio666
06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Kreech
Ah, i may very well check out Geralds Game. I forgot King wrote Misery. It's one of the only films made out of his books i like.

Thanks.

My pleasure.

jenna26
06-27-2005, 09:39 PM

Thanks.

Actually I would recommend that you run screaming from a copy of Gerald's Game.....I am a King fan, but I abhor that book on many levels. Others seem to like it though, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me. I personally would recommend Different Seasons, Night Shift and The Dead Zone.

I used to really enjoy the Anita Blake series until it turned into some demented sexual fantasy world with Anita at the center. You know, when the books had actual plots....LOL....the last good one was Obsidian Butterfly I think (it also happens to be my favorite of the series). I still read them though. :D

Welcome!

DraculaInDallas
06-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Hello, i'm glad to have found a nice horror forum to post in. I've been a big horror fan all my life, but i only recently got into the good stuff. In the last few years i saw The Beyond by Fuliuci (damn, i know i spelled that wrong) and that was the begining of really apprietiating horror and the element of terror in all media.

Mostly though, i'm a bookworm. I will probably discuss more literature than movies in this thing. I'm a large fan of H.P. Lovecraft. I enjoy some Stephen King but i've not read enough of his books to tell weather i like them or not. The Stand is good so far, and so was Pet Semetary so we'll see.

Some reading i recomend:
Lost Souls -by Poppy Z. Brite
Waking Up Screaming - H.P. Lovecraft
The Stand -by Stephen King
Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series - by Laurell K. Hamilton
After the First Death - by Robert Corimier

Enjoy or don't. I did and do.

Here's some reading I highly recommend you read :D
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

bwind22
06-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Wow! You are getting off the hook easy! Normally the noobie threads have a couple dozen posts consisting primarily of flaming, but, as alk pointed out, you didn't say anything annoying, so I won't flame ya either. (Although you did massacre the spelling of 'Fulci'.)

Welcome to horror.com. (Wow! You're the first newbie I've ever said that too I think!)

Here's a few good horror books to check out...

The Rising by Brian Keene is supposed to be a really good zombie novel. (I have it, but haven't read it yet. It's next on my list after I finish the other book I'm reading, 'Writing Screenplays for Dummies'. It's painfully redundant and pretty long though so I might just scrap that one and start The Rising pretty soon.)

Also, The Zombie Survival Guide is a really entertaining read.

Cycle of the Wolf - Stephen King (Short and illustrated, but wickedly awesome!)

AUSTIN316426808
06-28-2005, 02:02 AM
"I'm new, I guess''

what does that mean? are you new or not?

Kreech
06-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by bwind22
The Rising by Brian Keene is supposed to be a really good zombie novel. (I have it, but haven't read it yet. It's next on my list after I finish the other book I'm reading, 'Writing Screenplays for Dummies'. It's painfully redundant and pretty long though so I might just scrap that one and start The Rising pretty soon.)

Thank you. I'm reserving that book as i type.

MoonLit Meadow
07-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
I heard from a friend of a friend that you rub up against children on the bus.

For shaaaaame.

OMG you crazy bastard ;)

~Wildfire~
07-01-2005, 09:01 AM
welcome i guess

The_Return
07-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Why did you even bother to sign up?

You've lasted longer than most, but you'll be gone by the end of the week.

bloodrayne
07-01-2005, 04:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/BloodRayne/welcome.gif