06-26-2005, 02:55 PM
"Alone In The Dark"

:(

AUSTIN316426808
06-26-2005, 02:56 PM
don't be so sure....

AUSTIN316426808
06-26-2005, 02:58 PM
and there's House of the Dead and every other movie Uwe Boll has or will decide to make.

BH14
06-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Those movies are oscar worthy movies compared to "Fear Dot Com".

Sick_As_Fuck
06-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Both "House of the Dead" and "Fear Dot Com" are easily better than "Alone In The Dark". Easily.

IDrinkYourBlood
06-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Id still have Alone in the Dark over Donnie Darko anyday

Elvis_Christ
06-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Undead

and fucking Titanic

and everything that spews out of Ritchie Cunningham's ass onto the screen

TheOmen
06-26-2005, 08:51 PM
"Alone In The Dark"

Did you expect it to be anything but?

Hate_Breeder
06-26-2005, 09:06 PM
They and Darkness Falls are the best movies ive ever seen!

phantomstranger
06-26-2005, 09:34 PM
"The Blair Witch Project"-worst piece of crap ever put on film

Elvis_Christ
06-26-2005, 09:35 PM
I liked Darkness Falls.... wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Beast in the Cellar would have to be up there with the worst horror movies ever.

zwoti
06-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Undead

a bad bad film

Elvis_Christ
06-26-2005, 11:03 PM
^^ Yeh totally I was really dissapointed. Glad I only hired it and didn't buy it.

bwind22
06-27-2005, 04:34 AM
Alone in the Dark sucked, no doubt about that. But House of the Dead is hands down the shittiest film to come out of a regular studio with a mid-range budget in years!

Fear Dot Com was also really bad.

Donnie Darko was fucking awesome. I don't know what the hell IDrinkYourBlood is smoking...

Undead I have not seen. They are remaking it though (Or at least they are making a zombie movie called Undead. Not sure if it's a remake or not.)

Titanic... Pssht. What the hell did you watch Titanic for?

Blair Witch got built up too much by word of mouth so when I saw it, I totally thought it sucked. After renting and re-watching it though, I can appreciate what they got done on that small of a budget.

The_Return
06-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Boogeyman

But it is definatly fun to watch....or to laugh at:p

slasherman
06-27-2005, 05:02 AM
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/20/93/61m.jpg

Shade
06-27-2005, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood
Id still have Alone in the Dark over Donnie Darko anyday

I LOVE Donnie Darko! My boyfriend brought over Alone in the Dark last week though. I fell asleep twice then just told him to stop the movie.

urgeok
06-27-2005, 06:16 AM
a night to dismember.

i havent seen anything here mentioned that shows anywhere near the blatant hatred for any possible audience as this piece of runny shit does.

HappyCamper
06-27-2005, 06:42 AM
here are my top three worst horror films I've seen:

1. The Parents
2. The Church
3. Head of the Family

urgeok
06-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by HappyCamper

1. The Parents
2. The Church
3. Head of the Family

the parents ?

you mean just 'parents' with Randy Quaid - the cannable parents ?

thats a great movie

zwoti
06-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by HappyCamper

1. The Parents
2. The Church
3. Head of the Family

what's wrong with the church?

urgeok
06-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
what's wrong with the church?

i wasnt crazy about it myself - not a great Soavi effort ...

but not by any means one of the worst though ...

crippler666
06-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Alien Encounters - starts off with a flying ball (like Phantasm), flying around the grand canyon...

... 1hr 45mins later....

... It met a few animals (didn't kill anything) and NOTHING HAPPENED

Now as poor as the above films were at least something died / action / poor plot... SOMETHING HAPPENED you didn't waste your money watching a VIDEO ADVERT FOR THE GRAND F@#'&*£ CANYON

(Please note I hold nothing against the Canyon nor its inhabitants, but after the nearlly 2hr ordeal, when I was hoping for gore... I was gutted)

shadowed_images
06-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Here's two more for the list......

The Dead Hate the Living
Ring of Darkness

phantomstranger
06-29-2005, 12:19 PM
How about "Children Should'nt Play With Dead Things"- a truly bad Living Dead rip off from the early '70s

Sick_As_Fuck
06-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by crippler666
Alien Encounters - starts off with a flying ball (like Phantasm), flying around the grand canyon...

... 1hr 45mins later....

... It met a few animals (didn't kill anything) and NOTHING HAPPENED

Now as poor as the above films were at least something died / action / poor plot... SOMETHING HAPPENED you didn't waste your money watching a VIDEO ADVERT FOR THE GRAND F@#'&*£ CANYON

(Please note I hold nothing against the Canyon nor its inhabitants, but after the nearlly 2hr ordeal, when I was hoping for gore... I was gutted)

Wow. That does sound pretty horrendous. But all alien movies are awful anyway.

Kreech
06-29-2005, 08:39 PM
I've never seen Fear Dot Com or Alone in the Dark. For some reason the Fulci film "House by the Cemetary" is unwatchable to me. It's not cheesy, it's not shitty at all really, i for some reason just cannot sit through it.

Oh yeah, Squirm was terrible too. Just watch Mystery Science Theater 3000 if you can get ahold of some episodes, and you'll see some shitty movies.

bloodrayne
06-29-2005, 08:40 PM
If you guys think THESE movies are bad...You should see Full Moon Video's 'Killjoy'..........Umm, on second thought, you really shouldn't...No one should...EVER......It was embarassing to watch...

bwind22
06-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Full Moon is very hit or miss. Haven't seen Killjoy though, it didn't look too good, so I skipped over that one.

Fulci movies tend to be too slow moving (for the most part, but there are a few exceptions.) for my taste.

Vodstok
06-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Fear of the dark, starring the kid who played Terry in DOTD 04. Fucking dull, poorly written, horribly acted, just fucking lame. The kind of movie that will use "darn" where the word "fuck" was clearly appropriate.

Slashers, from Fangoria. Stupid, stupid stupid. Horrible concept, horrible acting (some of the worst i have ever seen), terrible directing, a completely uninteresting "twist", and the most ridiculous, laugh-inducing tit shot on earth.

AUSTIN316426808
06-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Scarecrow Slayer is pretty fucking horrible too

Elvis_Christ
06-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Kreech
I've never seen Fear Dot Com or Alone in the Dark. For some reason the Fulci film "House by the Cemetary" is unwatchable to me. It's not cheesy, it's not shitty at all really, i for some reason just cannot sit through it.

Oh yeah, Squirm was terrible too. Just watch Mystery Science Theater 3000 if you can get ahold of some episodes, and you'll see some shitty movies.

Squirm is a great movie :eek:

Anything with Leonardo De Caprio in it is right up there in the worst movies of all time. I see someone attacked him :D that man deserves a drink to be brought for him.

BH14
06-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Have you seen "The Basketball Diaries", "Whats eating Gilbert Grape", "Titanic", "The Beach", "The Aviator", "The Man in the Iron Mask", etc? ......... I think he is a very good young actor. You may not like his movie but I wouldnt consider him as a bad actor.

krelian
07-01-2005, 12:01 AM
AUSTIN316426808 you're right, seriously you people don't have a clue until you've seen "Sick". A friend of mine rented that movie for a dollar and we watched it and were laughing through half of the movie. Eventually it got to the point where it was past funny and just pathetic. The movie looks like something some high school kids did for a project

EXTR3MIST
07-01-2005, 04:34 AM
Blair Witch got built up too much by word of mouth so when I saw it, I totally thought it sucked. After renting and re-watching it though, I can appreciate what they got done on that small of a budget.

You knew you had decided the film was bad before even watching it - makes you realise there are an awful lot of cynical sheep out there all celebrating and deriding the same damn things not because of merit, but because of fashion.

This syndrome has reached its festering nadir with the recent Star Wars prequels - no longer are people prepared to just go along for the ride.

Perhaps the weight of disbelief is becoming too heavy for today's film audiences.

The_Return
07-20-2005, 08:05 AM
2 Worst Horror Movies EVER-

Jigsaw
Wes Craven's Chiller

Those arent even bad in a good way like House of the Dead or Boogeyman....

Sick_As_Fuck
07-20-2005, 11:27 AM
I was actually pleasantly suprised by "Boogeyman".

Angra
07-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
I was actually pleasantly suprised by "Boogeyman".

Well, it definitely isn´t the worst horror movie ever made.

SodaGirl
07-20-2005, 12:33 PM
"They" is my pick for worst movie.

I haven't seen "Alone in the Dark" but wow does everyone say it's terrible. I like Slater a lot and considered seeing it for that reason alone, but I'll pass.

Steve_Hutchison
07-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Savage Vengeance is probably the biggest piece of crap on the planet.

crimson_ghost
07-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by shadowed_images
Here's two more for the list......

The Dead Hate the Living
Ring of Darkness

How could you dislike The Dead Hate The Living..it waqs a great film untill the dodgy CG at the end

urgeok
07-21-2005, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by crimson_ghost
How could you dislike The Dead Hate The Living..it waqs a great film untill the dodgy CG at the end

i thought it was shit too ... couldnt stand any of it..

still the worst movie made of all time is :

A Night to Dismember..

Dante'sInferno
07-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Horror:Feardotsucmynuttsack

Genral:the 6th day even though i love the govenator

Steve_Hutchison
07-21-2005, 08:17 PM
I liked the Sixth Day but tought it was poor repliqua of Total Recall.

MisterSadistro
07-21-2005, 08:56 PM
'They' and 'Darkness Falls' for me since they basically looked like the same crappy horror movie. Completely interchangeable. As for worst movie ever, once again I would like to apologize to the makers of 'Grease 2' for saying that nothing could ever replace it on my list. 'Napoleon Dynamite' had me wishing to once more see Adrian Zmed dancing around a motorcycle singing his umpteenth song about how "cool" he is.
CK

jenna26
07-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by BH14
Have you seen "The Basketball Diaries", "Whats eating Gilbert Grape", "Titanic", "The Beach", "The Aviator", "The Man in the Iron Mask", etc? ......... I think he is a very good young actor. You may not like his movie but I wouldnt consider him as a bad actor.

The Basketball Diaries rocks. And DiCaprio carries it. I certainly understand why some can't stand the guy. But he isn't exactly talentless.

jenna26
07-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
'They' and 'Darkness Falls' for me since they basically looked like the same crappy horror movie. Completely interchangeable. As for worst movie ever, once again I would like to apologize to the makers of 'Grease 2' for saying that nothing could ever replace it on my list. 'Napoleon Dynamite' had me wishing to once more see Adrian Zmed dancing around a motorcycle singing his umpteenth song about how "cool" he is.
CK

That's funny, Grease 2 always tops my list of worst movies ever as well...lol.....just horrible. I don't know what I would consider the worst horror film. I'll have to think about that.

Steve_Hutchison
07-21-2005, 09:55 PM
'They' and 'Darkness Falls' for me since they basically looked like the same crappy horror movie. Completely interchangeable.
CK

I would like to add Boogeyman in that category.

MisterSadistro
07-21-2005, 11:01 PM
I would like to add Boogeyman in that category.
I never saw it, but I'll take your word on it. There seems to have been a rash of movies that all looked the same and were ineffective. I know there's at least one more that fits in, but I can't even remember what it was. 'Fear Dot Com' maybe ? I wonder if it would be possible to edit them all together ad somehow make one watchable, scary film. Probably not.
CK

urgeok
07-22-2005, 02:48 AM
CK

napoleon dynamite is on my top 5 list of funniest films of all time ..

kung-fu-jesus
07-25-2005, 08:34 AM
here are some of the worst "HORROR" movies ive ever seen,

bones, the greenskeeper, drive in, shocker, jigsaw, hatchetman, junior, any fucking scarecrow movie, return of the living dead 3, trick or treat, house of the dead( as a horror film it was awful, but i think of it as an action movie), bleed, sick, killjoy, killjoy 2, most of the short films from fangorias "blood drive", alone in the dark, boogyman, dragonfly, white noise, darkness, and redneck zombie.

agree or not, just say so, dont try to preach me the movie as being great(not to all of you but i hate that shit)

EXTR3MIST
07-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Disagree on Scarecrows (well lit, nice gore), RLD3 (we'll put this down to temporary insanity), Trick or Treat (can't whack a film with backwards messaging and dead rock stars) and The Bogeyman (always underrated, nice atmosphere and gore setpieces).

kung-fu-jesus
07-25-2005, 08:54 AM
i dont care about your opinion, i just dont like them.

EXTR3MIST
07-25-2005, 08:56 AM
agree or not, just say so

Help!

filmmaker2
07-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by kung-fu-jesus
any fucking scarecrow movie,

That's kinda funny. I have very little patience with scarecrow m00vies, myself. I don't know why, but something about scary scarecrows really bugs me. And if they're somersaulting acrobatic scarecrows, that's even worse!

I did like the shovel-wielding scarecrow in "Curse of the Blue Lights," because he acted like a zombie, spewed yellow goo, and seemed totally out of control homicidal. PLUS it was just a quick scene, a minute or less, and it didn't go over my Scarecrow Tolerance Threshold.

novakru
07-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Any horror flick that has those plastic raindeer on the roof.
Actually ANY movie with plastic raindeer on the roof(shudder)

jenna26
07-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Trick or Treat (can't whack a film with backwards messaging and dead rock stars)

I love that movie, I am not even sure why exactly, but it has always been one of my favorite '80s horror films......silly as it is...:p

RoLLiNLiGhTs
07-25-2005, 03:23 PM
I agree I liked Trick or Treat....one of the worst movies I've ever seen was Halloween 3....it might have been a better movie if it wasn't associated with the other Halloween movie's......

Steve_Hutchison
07-25-2005, 03:30 PM
The title of a movies shouldn't influence your opinion of the movie. It's not the title you watch. It's a movie. Halloween ripped off a couple of films but I enjoyed it. I thought it was really dark and I liked the fact that kids die gruesome ways, on or off screen.

jenna26
07-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by RoLLiNLiGhTs
I agree I liked Trick or Treat....one of the worst movies I've ever seen was Halloween 3....it might have been a better movie if it wasn't associated with the other Halloween movie's......

I don't think it is that great of a movie, but I do think it is better than most people give it credit for. The original idea was that each film would take place on Halloween, but not necessarily be a Michael Myers film, right (or am I remembering wrong)?

RoLLiNLiGhTs
07-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Well....after two awsome movies titled Halloween and Halloween2, with Michael Meyers...I think everyone would assume he would be in the third movie....I guess(call me crazy) because IT'S TITLED HALLOWEEN 3.....it had nothing what-so-ever to do with the Halloween francise.....except the name....

RoLLiNLiGhTs
07-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by jenna26
I don't think it is that great of a movie, but I do think it is better than most people give it credit for. The original idea was that each film would take place on Halloween, but not necessarily be a Michael Myers film, right (or am I remembering wrong)?

The whole theme for Halloween (the orginal) was that Michael Meyers, the younger brother, went crazy and killed his sister with a butcher knife.....Part 1 and 2 followed along with this plot.......

Then comes part 3.......nothing at all to do with the orginal plot....except it being halloween....

Then here comes 5 more Halloween movies (sequelsl) all about Michael Meyers tracking down his relatives...to what¿......to kill them.....:)

jenna26
07-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by RoLLiNLiGhTs
The whole theme for Halloween (the orginal) was that Michael Meyers, the younger brother, went crazy and killed his sister with a butcher knife.....Part 1 and 2 followed along with this plot.......

Then comes part 3.......nothing at all to do with the orginal plot....except it being halloween....

Then here comes 5 more Halloween movies (sequelsl) all about Michael Meyers tracking down his relatives...to what¿......to kill them.....:)

*Sighs* My point was that I had heard that Carpenter originally meant for the sequels to not necessarily have anything to do with Myers.....just a story that happens to take place on Halloween. Which means that the third one actually fit into what Carpenter meant to do from the beginning. But people couldn't accept that, because they want to beat a dead horse. That's my theory anyway....:D

So they were supposed to movies that were unique with the only thing in common being Halloween.....not Michael Myers.

But again, I might be remembering wrong. I was trying to find out from someone that knew. Anyone?

FangoFan
07-25-2005, 07:00 PM
I know what you did last summer

Steve_Hutchison
07-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Sort of like an anthology. Heard the same thing also, probably in a DVD extra.

1428elmstreet
08-06-2005, 08:27 AM
dont look now.....totally shit film!!!!!

crazy raplh
08-06-2005, 10:33 AM
ghost ship by far

rtbd
08-06-2005, 07:39 PM
The worst movie that had to ever been made woudl be The Matrixand anything else with Keana Reeves in it

rtbd
08-06-2005, 07:43 PM
*Sighs* My point was that I had heard that Carpenter originally meant for the sequels to not necessarily have anything to do with Myers.....just a story that happens to take place on Halloween. Which means that the third one actually fit into what Carpenter meant to do from the beginning. But people couldn't accept that, because they want to beat a dead horse. That's my theory anyway....:D

So they were supposed to movies that were unique with the only thing in common being Halloween.....not Michael Myers.

But again, I might be remembering wrong. I was trying to find out from someone that knew. Anyone?

You are so right when you ahev a good movie like Halloween or Friday 13. there shouldnt be any others. after the first 2 then it seems like same old stuff from then on not as scary becuse you know what is gonna happen

jenna26
08-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by rtbd
You are so right when you ahev a good movie like Halloween or Friday 13. there shouldnt be any others. after the first 2 then it seems like same old stuff from then on not as scary becuse you know what is gonna happen

I do admit to liking many of the sequels. But in general they are unnecessary. Halloween was a great film that didn't need any sequels at all in my opinion (even if I did happen to enjoy the first few) and the sequels just took away some of the impact of the first film. Same with A Nightmare On Elm Street. Freddy was terrifying to me in the first film, then slowly turned into a joke. But the people keep paying to see the sequels, so I guess that is what the people want.

Hehehe.....yeah, I watch 'em dammit....I can't help it, anything horror....lol....I am obviously part of the problem and not the solution.;)

Steve_Hutchison
08-08-2005, 08:24 AM
I don't think people look forward to sequels... they want good sequels.

jenna26
08-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by hellboy
As...........you are with most things?:p

Hey!!!:mad: I just caught this little comment...completely untrue....:mad: :p

I know several people that are sitting on ready for sequels to movies that haven't had a good sequel in years, if ever. I mean do we really need another Halloween film (I'm sorry the last one was just outright ridiculous) or yet another Friday the 13th sequel? But I realize that a lot of people have fun with them, even though they are tired, in my opinion. But I am just hard to please these days...lol.

slasherman
08-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by 1428elmstreet
dont look now.....totally shit film!!!!!
...do you mean "Don't Look Now" (1973) ?......not even close to become....... Worst. Movie. Ever.

no mulier
08-09-2005, 03:53 AM
What exactly was so shitty about Don't Look Now.
I assume, of course, that you are refering to the one by Roeg.

Sagria
08-09-2005, 04:29 AM
The worst movies that i have seen have to be: some shit movie "Dracula 3000" that movie sucked. Also "Fear.com" was a ridiculous movie. And "Halloween 3" I was watching the marathon and when the 3rd came on I expected to see someting refering to Michale Myers, but it turned out to be about... manipulated masks. I was dissapointed.

urgeok
08-09-2005, 04:51 AM
bah - all i see are people mentioning mainstream films ....
there isnt one yet that holds a candle to 'the worst horror ever made'

you guys should try off roading into the world of cheap ass backyard trash if you want to see a bad movie ..

Babygurl20
08-09-2005, 05:50 AM
There really is no 'worst' movie because all movies took time to make so they are all good to someone. But the movie that I was most dissappointed in was "Land Of The Dead". It contradicted itself in so many ways and it was just horrible.

1) In "Dawn Of The Dead" the zombies could move at very fast speeds, but in "Land" they moved like they were retarded or something. They moved slow, which is crazy. You can't have zombies that can run like deer and then have them move slow in the next movie. Like I said it contradicts itself.

2) It never even explained in any way WHY this one zombie suddenly became smart. I mean why this zombie out of all of them?

3) The zombies in "Dawn" were killers, and then all of a sudden in "Land" well, they are just 'looking for a place to go'. That didn't make any sense. Why didn't they just kill everybody like on "Dawn".

4) Why on earth were they mesmerized by 'sky floweres' (fireworks)? What did that have to do with anything and why did they not bother explaining or at least giving a hint to why the fireworks entertained them?

Thats just my opininon, but I feel that I have made a few points clear on this, and I feel I have explained myself well as to why it was a major dissappointment.

hellfire1
08-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Babygurl20
There really is no 'worst' movie because all movies took time to make so they are all good to someone. But the movie that I was most dissappointed in was "Land Of The Dead". It contradicted itself in so many ways and it was just horrible.

1) In "Dawn Of The Dead" the zombies could move at very fast speeds, but in "Land" they moved like they were retarded or something. They moved slow, which is crazy. You can't have zombies that can run like deer and then have them move slow in the next movie. Like I said it contradicts itself.

2) It never even explained in any way WHY this one zombie suddenly became smart. I mean why this zombie out of all of them?

3) The zombies in "Dawn" were killers, and then all of a sudden in "Land" well, they are just 'looking for a place to go'. That didn't make any sense. Why didn't they just kill everybody like on "Dawn".

4) Why on earth were they mesmerized by 'sky floweres' (fireworks)? What did that have to do with anything and why did they not bother explaining or at least giving a hint to why the fireworks entertained them?

Thats just my opininon, but I feel that I have made a few points clear on this, and I feel I have explained myself well as to why it was a major dissappointment.

contradicted itself in what way ? :confused:

you do know that you're talking about two different movies, right ? you must also surely know that the dawn of the dead you saw was a REMAKE, and as such does not fit into romero's original trilogy. in snyder's "dawn", the zombies run, which romero himself says is not zombie like at all.

i suggest you rent the dead trilogy : night of the living dead, dawn of the dead ( originals not remakes ) and day of the dead, and then watch land of the dead again. even though i haven't seen it yet, i'm sure it will all make much more sense.

Babygurl20
08-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by hellfire1
contradicted itself in what way ? :confused:

you do know that you're talking about two different movies, right ? you must also surely know that the dawn of the dead you saw was a REMAKE, and as such does not fit into romero's original trilogy. in snyder's "dawn", the zombies run, which romero himself says is not zombie like at all.

i suggest you rent the dead trilogy : night of the living dead, dawn of the dead ( originals not remakes ) and day of the dead, and then watch land of the dead again. even though i haven't seen it yet, i'm sure it will all make much more sense.

I've seen all of the originals except for "Day Of The Dead", which I can't find anywhere. I do agree that the remake of "Dawn" probably was not as Romero would have wanted it. But when you go see "Land" get back to me and let me know how confused you were by the whole movie.

hellfire1
08-09-2005, 07:28 AM
you can't compare the dawn of the dead remake to land of the dead. land of the dead fits into romero's logic and evolution of HIS zombies whereas the remake of DOTD is just that... a remake. it has nothing to do with LOTD. so that you be confused with other aspects of the film i can understand. but not what you stated above in points 1,2,3.

1 more week to go until it comes out here. i'll get back to you.

taylorsmommy
08-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Worst. Movie. Ever.: 13th Child: Legend of the Jersey Devil

hellfire1
08-09-2005, 07:46 AM
oh yes... house of the dead just bumped undead off 1rst place for worst movie ever. i mean there are bad movies, but when you can actually see the spring used to send the stuntman/zombie into the air, that's just fucking lazy.

alkytrio666
08-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Babygurl20

Dawn of the Dead (1978) goes to Land of the Dead, not the 'Dawn' you're thinking of, which is a remake by a different director. In the original 'Dawn', the zombies moved slow, which explains the slow movement in 'Land'.

Steve_Hutchison
08-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Babygurl, the man's right. Seeing the original Dawn of the Dead will make things much clearer. I recommend it. The remake was decent but really doesn't beat the original in any way. The zombies aren't the only things slower in it. The pace also is, which is a good thing.

Sick_As_Fuck
08-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Hey!!!:mad: I just caught this little comment...completely untrue....:mad: :p

I know several people that are sitting on ready for sequels to movies that haven't had a good sequel in years, if ever. I mean do we really need another Halloween film (I'm sorry the last one was just outright ridiculous) or yet another Friday the 13th sequel? But I realize that a lot of people have fun with them, even though they are tired, in my opinion. But I am just hard to please these days...lol.

Sequels suck. Period.

I just watched "From Dusk Til Dawn" parts 2 and 3.

Sad days for me :(

moonsorrow
08-09-2005, 12:44 PM
allright...im not sure witch one to choose... but hers a cuple for your list...didnt bother reading thrugh the hole thing:

feardotcom
saint/sinner by clive barker
and space marines... though this movie becomes best in the world if you enjoy it with a sixpack and a bunch of friends with tacky humor

Ritualistic
08-09-2005, 06:17 PM
The absolute worst movie I have ever seen is a film called "Mindkiller"

I hate it!!!

EXTR3MIST
08-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I just watched "From Dusk Til Dawn" parts 2 and 3.

2 is terrible, but I thought 3 wasn't too bad - there's a real eye-opener of a face-blasting scene with a guy aboard a speeding horse and cart.

no mulier
08-10-2005, 02:35 AM
NOTE: Possible spoilers for Land of the Dead...

The dead are re-animated for one reason or another. The part of their brains still active enable them to move about slowly, feeding their most basic natural drive, which is to eat. From the way they've been portrayed throughout the four films, by Romero, they are somehow evolving.

Night of the Living Dead - They only kill and eat, increasing their numbers. Barbara's brother didn't recognize her. Neither did the couple's daughter.

Dawn of the Dead - The zombies are attracted to the mall. They remember something about and from their lives. What they normally do. Go to the mall. Shop. There was one scene in which they were struggling to close the glass doors and Roger's (Scott Reiniger) rifle was stuck between them. When he finally let it go, one of the zombies examined it briefly before dropping it to claw at the glass. And Stephen (David Emge) as a zombie began moving towards their nest upstairs, through the cardboard wall they had built earlier in the film.

Day of the Dead - Remember Bob with the telephone and salute with his .45 caliber...need I say more?

Land of the Dead - Some zombies (like Bob) evolve faster than others. Others remember certain things, like flower fireworks. Hence, the "leader" zombie. He winced, as if in pain, when he had to "put down" one of his own who caught on fire. He guided the zombie with a meat-cleaver to break the wooden wall apart. Not to mention, the priceless scene of seemingly leaving suddenly after pouring fuel over the limousine, only to come back with fire.

bloodrayne
08-10-2005, 02:51 AM
MILO...Too stupid for words...

Damn Heathen
03-27-2015, 04:34 PM
bah - all i see are people mentioning mainstream films ....
there isnt one yet that holds a candle to 'the worst horror ever made'

you guys should try off roading into the world of cheap ass backyard trash if you want to see a bad movie ..
Backyard trash rarely sees the light of day, so stuff like Blair Witch is obviously worse for having made a gazillion pesos.

DeadbeatAtDawn
03-28-2015, 02:05 AM
I try to give every film a chance. It's somesones dream or project that they want to share.

But sometimes...the film just blows. Recently a few I watched were awful.

Playing with Dolls
Muck

tfantasy
03-29-2015, 08:59 AM
Black Swan

horcrux2007
03-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Black Swan

Are you joking

Scarecrows
03-29-2015, 11:34 AM
Halloween Season of the witch (1982)....Rather watch paint fucking dry::big grin::

TheBossInTheWall
03-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Are you joking

I'm definitely not. Black Swan was dull. stopped half way through, or earlier I think.

horcrux2007
03-29-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm definitely not. Black Swan was dull. stopped half way through, or earlier I think.

You can't judge a movie if you haven't even seen the whole thing.

tfantasy
03-30-2015, 05:47 PM
You can't judge a movie if you haven't even seen the whole thing.

Yeah, you can, it was painful for me to make it to the end ::sad::

horcrux2007
03-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Yeah, you can, it was painful for me to make it to the end ::sad::

It was pretty easy for me to make it to the end.

fortunato
03-30-2015, 10:25 PM
I remember seeing Darkness in the theater in 2002 or whatever and just losing my mind it was so bad.

Damn Heathen
03-31-2015, 04:48 AM
I remember seeing Darkness in the theater in 2002 or whatever and just losing my mind it was so bad.
::big grin:: Pure shit it was.

exhumedvhs
03-26-2016, 03:40 AM
leprechaun and the remake attempt of the town that dreaded sundown.... what piles of shit

Angra
03-26-2016, 04:12 AM
leprechaun and the remake attempt of the town that dreaded sundown.... what piles of shit

Yes! More of these threads.

Hammerfan, I want this person banned. It's an obvious troublemaker. ::cool::

Chevalier
03-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Blair. Witch. Project.

Roiffalo
03-26-2016, 05:14 PM
This is hard to narrow down... There are plenty of bad films. From "I'd walk out of the theater in the middle of this" to "so bad it's good". I would think this topic leans more towards the "so bad it's just really fucking bad" side.

In that case there is one movie that comes to mind. The characters are awful, the story is awful, and it rapes the original material it's based on. Dark Shadows.

This movie doesn't even deserve to share the same title. If I had the money and technology, I would get a time machine and go back to right before it's creation and just fucking cripple Tim Burton so he couldn't make this abomination. Nor anything else at this point because let's face it he's just lost his touch as of late. It's really crushing in another sense because he also made so many of my favorite movies. I swear he was mentally damaged (and not in the good way that inspires dark twisted movies like Batman, Beetlejuice, and Edward Scissorhands) at one point to even make some of the crap he's been behind lately.

Martha
03-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Blair Witch Project Ugggh!

DeadbeatAtDawn
03-26-2016, 06:48 PM
Things, 1989

Chevalier
03-31-2016, 08:28 PM
I think Blair Witch Project is substantially worse then its producing, post-production, plot, writing, acting (or lack of it) entails, because it spawned the lost footage genre, which has given us a lot of undesirable movies. It was the first in a giant train wreck of cinematography.