PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been lucky enough to watch Argento's Suspiria?

slug_slug
11-27-2003, 11:49 AM
i swear, this movie is brilliant!
i wastched it during the fright week a couple of years ago on channel 4 here in the UK and i REALLY want to see it again, or (better yet) buy it on video/DVD...
pleeeeeease tell me one of you has seen it!
slug

ps-they're remaking it, or at least planning to... it'll be out in '04... god forbid...
*prays that it's not a bad one...*

graveambitions
11-28-2003, 05:22 AM
Yeah, great movie. One of his best.

Plissken
11-28-2003, 08:22 AM
That movie is cool. Also has one of my favourite deaths in film history!
________
marijuana vaporizers (http://weedvaporizers.org)

Nutty ****
11-29-2003, 04:57 AM
I haven't seen it. What is it about?

mictlan
11-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Suspiria is great, definitely one of my favorites. It's about a dance academy in Germany that is secretly run by a coven of witches. It's kind of tied into Argento's later film Inferno (which is not as good) but stands on its own.

The acting is a little weak, like a lot of Italian horror films, but that has (I think) a little bit to do with the fact that Italian directors didn't record any dialogue on-set... often the actors were speaking different languages to each other.

It's being remade? What a stupid idea, I can't wait to not see it.

avenger00soul
12-01-2003, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't consider myself lucky for having seen it.:mad:

Tenebre and Two Evil Eyes are the only Argento-directed films I have like so far. Don't even get me started on Deep Red.

AUSTIN316426808
12-01-2003, 11:00 AM
I HAVE'NT SEEN IT I JUST CAME ON THIS THREAD TO SEE ONE OF THOSE IDIOTS WHO ARE ALWAYS SAYING ''ARGENTO IS GOD''

abbycomix
12-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Suspiria is cool, I still need to check out his others though. Love the music, set design, and art direction especially!