PDA

View Full Version : Dont Rent Boogeyman!!

BH14
06-10-2005, 09:38 AM
I rented this movie last night and I remember people bashed it when it came out at the theatres.... I wanted to give it a shot because the producers made the grudge and that was ok. What a piece of crap movie!

CONTAINS SPOILERS:
The only thing that was good about it was the dead mother and after that, it was horrible and so bad that i found myself laughing more. Story was so bad that the movie had to try to have lot of pop ups to try to scare people rather than build tension. They must have ran out of ideas so they went with closet doors that would lead to other places. I have no idea why. 7th Heaven actor was bad too because even after 15 years after his father was gone, he was still in a daze by that and didnt even try to act like normal. He should go back to the movie where he and other guys got dressed up girls in sorority bc that movie ruled compared to this. Just when you think the movie cant get worst, the ending is hilarious. The Scary Movie 2 ghost in the wheelchair looked more frightening than this Boogeyman ghost. This boogeyman ghost looked like a cartoon. Who the hell designed this ghost?! And the way to defeat the Boogeyman was to count to 6 and break some stupid objects. Lame. The ALT ending atleast reminded me of twister and was just as bad. Im pissed and want my $3.79 back. Avoid this movie at all cost.

I havent seen a good horror movie in a while... Are there any new horror movies that came out on DVD in the past 6 months?

barbra
06-10-2005, 12:35 PM
sorry you didn't like it, I have yet to see it. I will probably still see it even though you don't recomend it.

I might get flamed for this, but I liked darkness. I might be alone in this but you know, whats another $3?

Angra
06-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by barbra
sorry you didn't like it, I have yet to see it. I will probably still see it even though you don't recomend it.

I might get flamed for this, but I liked darkness. I might be alone in this but you know, whats another $3?

FETTUCINE!!! :mad:

virus five
06-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Whoops.

I just rented Darkness and Boogeyman.

IDrinkYourBlood
06-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I bought Boogyman on DVD today, Its like my new favorite movie. Way better then my old time favorite Halloween. Get this movie ASAP if you can, Best movie EVER.

BH14
06-10-2005, 03:04 PM
i havent seen a new good horror movie in like 6 months... i didnt go see house of wax yet. and blockbuster seems like they are getting like a billion horror b-movies but i never heard of any of them so i pass on them.

did anyone see high tension yet?? that looks good and i may check that out.

I had to change my old avatar bc she lost so much weight.... maybe ill use an anorexic skeleton-celebrity next.

urgeok
06-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by BH14
I rented this movie last night and I remember people bashed it when it came out at the theatres.... I wanted to give it a shot because the producers made the grudge and that was ok. What a piece of crap movie!

CONTAINS SPOILERS:
The only thing that was good about it was the dead mother and after that, it was horrible and so bad that i found myself laughing more. Story was so bad that the movie had to try to have lot of pop ups to try to scare people rather than build tension. They must have ran out of ideas so they went with closet doors that would lead to other places. I have no idea why. 7th Heaven actor was bad too because even after 15 years after his father was gone, he was still in a daze by that and didnt even try to act like normal. He should go back to the movie where he and other guys got dressed up girls in sorority bc that movie ruled compared to this. Just when you think the movie cant get worst, the ending is hilarious. The Scary Movie 2 ghost in the wheelchair looked more frightening than this Boogeyman ghost. This boogeyman ghost looked like a cartoon. Who the hell designed this ghost?! And the way to defeat the Boogeyman was to count to 6 and break some stupid objects. Lame. The ALT ending atleast reminded me of twister and was just as bad. Im pissed and want my $3.79 back. Avoid this movie at all cost.

I havent seen a good horror movie in a while... Are there any new horror movies that came out on DVD in the past 6 months?

dont sweat it - i never rent movies anyway.

i'll probably just buy it.

crazy raplh
06-10-2005, 07:26 PM
I bought it about a week ago and it sucks ass, DO NOT BUY IT. if you can get a copy or borrow it then great but it is a waste I thought.

AUSTIN316426808
06-10-2005, 07:46 PM
no shit

alkytrio666
06-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
no shit

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Elvis_Christ
06-11-2005, 09:19 PM
I've heard mixed reviews on this..... I'll have to check it out when it comes out over here. I heard from a bunch of people Saw was shit but I watched it a couple of nights ago and fucking loved it easily one of the best Hollywood films in a long time.

AUSTIN316426808
06-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
I've heard mixed reviews on this..... I'll have to check it out when it comes out over here. I heard from a bunch of people Saw was shit but I watched it a couple of nights ago and fucking loved it easily one of the best Hollywood films in a long time.

Saw is kinda one of those love it or hate it movies, on the other hand Boogeyman is just an all around piece of trash. I know you're still going to watch it because you never really know unless you see for yourself, for example as I mentioned before in the thread a critic referred to it as ''the scariest movie ever'' but trust me there's at least a 95% chance you're going to want to shoot someone when it's over.

Elvis_Christ
06-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeh I guess I'll have to check it out for myself to see. I'm not real big on ghost stories so it's got a high probability of annoying the fuck out of me. That said I really enjoyed the american remake of The Grudge (much to my suprise) very cool ghost story.

Marroe
06-12-2005, 01:00 AM
I saw it in the theatre....No way I'd spend anymore money on it but I'd say go ahead and rent it it you haven't seen it. Of course it has it's cheesiness. but what recent horror doesn't? To me it was done kinda cheesy 80's style, which I liked.:)

Oh ,and for the record darkness did suck, and I really hope you're joking about Fear Dot Com

BH14
06-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I liked Saw and the Grudge..... but i cant see anyone liking Boogeyman. Check it out if you wanna laugh. This type of movie is the reason why i havent been to the theatres in 6 months. If I spent $20 bucks on movie tickets and popcorn, I would really be pissed off.

I saw Fear Dot Com 8 times... I dont see what the fuss was all about. It rules!!!!

Macabre_Maiden
06-13-2005, 11:49 AM
I actually really liked Boogeyman. I thought the atmosphere was fantastic. While the plot may have left a little to be desired, I honestly believe it was worth renting for the cool, creepy feel to it.

AUSTIN316426808
06-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Macabre_Maiden
I actually really liked Boogeyman. I thought the atmosphere was fantastic. While the plot may have left a little to be desired, I honestly believe it was worth renting for the cool, creepy feel to it.

It's just my opinion but a movie has to do more than just feel creepy, I can go to my in-laws' house and feel creepy for free.

tom-tom
06-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by BH14

CONTAINS SPOILERS:

I sort of expected the movie to be crap owing to the simple fact that it is only a PG-13. To my mind, there has not been a good PG-13 horror movie yet.

Elvis_Christ
06-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Macabre_Maiden

Great avator :cool: I love Elvira!