PDA

View Full Version : The Doom Generation

nightbreed
11-26-2003, 10:45 AM
I just have to say how fucking awesome this film was. I havent seen it for some time but I dont think anyones posted about this film. I fucking love it. Doom Generation- The unrated version, buy it today.

Any one else see it?

$6.66

abbycomix
11-26-2003, 10:52 AM
I liked it! I'm a Greg Araki fan and always end up getting crushes on his James Duval characters. Too bad he tends to meet tragic endings. Did you see his others? The Living End, Totally F*cked Up, Nowhere, and Splendor?
Totally F*cked Up, Doom Generation, and Nowhere are supposed to be a 'teen apocalypse trilogy' of sorts though they all have different characters. James Duval holds it all together. He was cool in Donnie Darko too.

hypes057
11-26-2003, 11:18 AM
whats doom generation about?

abbycomix
11-26-2003, 11:38 AM
This is the imdb summary:

Jordan White and Amy Blue, two troubled teens, pick up an adolescent drifter, Xavier Red. Together, the threesome embark on a sex and violence-filled journey through an America of psychos and quickiemarts.

It's not for everyone, but has interesting social commentary themes and disturbing scenes. I'm not sure if it would qualify as horror though there is some brutal violence and cheezy gore. Plus a 3-way romance.:p