PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil

FreddyFan
11-26-2003, 04:47 AM
This movie was awesome! It was exactly like the video game. That monster looked fuckin awesome. Who else liked this movie?

avenger00soul
11-26-2003, 04:52 AM
I thought it was NOTHING like the video game but still enjoyed it. It was a good action/horror movie. I just hope Leon will be in one of these damn movies.

FreddyFan
11-26-2003, 08:34 AM
okay, I exaggerated. it isn't exactly like the video game. but it is in a way. but I still loved it. I hope they make another. They probably will now that I think about it.

avenger00soul
11-26-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by FreddyFan
okay, I exaggerated. it isn't exactly like the video game. but it is in a way. but I still loved it. I hope they make another. They probably will now that I think about it.

I saw the trailer for Part 2 at House of the Dead. It could be cool.

_Leatha_Face_
11-26-2003, 08:45 AM
i didnt like this movie at all they could have made it more zombie human flesh craving creatures hopefull they will do that in the second film since thats what the video game is really about

FreddyFan
11-26-2003, 08:51 AM
alright the second one is made. avenger how was house of the dead. I heard it was shit.

avenger00soul
11-26-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by FreddyFan
alright the second one is made. avenger how was house of the dead. I heard it was shit.

It is shit, but it's hilarious shit.

Here's my review:

http://www.horror.com/php/article-155-1.html

FreddyFan
11-26-2003, 09:06 AM
great article avenger. I'll probably buy it for the laughs and the entertainment. like u said, sometimes the worst movies can be the best.

moonsorrow
11-26-2003, 11:57 AM
just like final fantasy the movie it just took upon itself a title to gain atention.
had nothing to do with the actual movie but i still enjoyed it verry much. everybodys a critic though, much like always im the only one who liked that movie among my friends.

mudsliptones
11-26-2003, 01:02 PM
I enjoyed the movie, it was nothing like the game though, not creepy at all, but I loved it anyway

part 2 will be more gamestyle I think, I hope, it even gonna have th nemesis, as some people may know (watch the movie)

JaP
11-27-2003, 05:37 PM
resident evil was fucking lame! i really enjoyed the game and was very excited to see the film. after seein' it i was scared....really scared that they'll produce a second part...and...omfg....they did!!

hope to see more zombies/gore/terror in RE:apocalypse(thats the name i guess) and not another hollywood-teenie-crap!

Cannibal Carl
11-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by JaP
hope to see more zombies/gore/terror in RE:apocalypse(thats the name i guess) and not another hollywood-teenie-crap!

Maybe we'll get more zombies in the "Dawn of the Dead" remake.

I've been waiting years for that one.

Arioch
01-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Wow it was more like what DID i like about this movie. From the slow down matrix dog kicking scene to the bad acting (althou not as bad as the voice acting in the game;) ) to the ending scene with the big CG dog thing...........

The zombies didnt look cool or anything. Maybe i went in expecting a Horror movie:confused: and should have expected a video game movie (i.e. streetfighter, tomb raider,) i dont know.....

U guys liked it tho huh??

meetthecreeper
01-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Hated it I dont know which was worse this or Underworld.

Ritualistic
01-06-2004, 07:00 PM
there is not one thing I like about this movie..

Sam The Egg
01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
I hated Dead Alive more
*Dodges flaming babies being thrown*

Ritualistic
01-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
I hated Dead Alive more
Here we come after you...
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ed/BlueTeamEnforcer.gif

Sam The Egg
01-06-2004, 07:26 PM
calm down, fuck nuts, it's not like I said Dead Alive is the worst movie ever or something. There's, like, 11 movies worse than Dead Alive.

mudsliptones
01-07-2004, 12:31 AM
I hated Dead Alive more

damn, dead alive is funny as hell

anyway, i like res evil
it is infact a very bad horror movie, but I still like it for some reason, it's entertaining

Voorhees
01-07-2004, 05:12 AM
I liked RE, maybe because I watched it with a big surround-system :P (my own precious system)

Signs515
01-07-2004, 11:59 AM
Definetly not at the top of the list for zombie movies but entertaining none the less. Plus Mila Jovovich is quite naked at the end of the movie :), it has to get some bonus points for that.

Ritualistic
01-07-2004, 03:59 PM
calm down, fuck nuts, it's not like I said Dead Alive is the worst movie ever or something. There's, like, 11 movies worse than Dead Alive. um okay .. sounds complex

Sam The Egg
01-07-2004, 06:24 PM
no it's not, it's simple. Dead Alive is the 12th worst movie ever.

Sick_As_Fuck
01-07-2004, 08:14 PM
I loved this movie. It obviously wasn't meant to be a serious horror movie.

_Leatha_Face_
01-08-2004, 06:08 AM
i hated this movie as well i think they couldve did better with the zombies i mean hell the video gm scared me more than the movie did

Ritualistic
01-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by _Leatha_Face_
i mean hell the video gm scared me more than the movie did that is the fucking truth

ds_spoon
01-08-2004, 01:25 PM
i hate this film the most out of any film i have ever seen and probably ever will its terrible i just hated it completely my friends thought the lazers seen was good it was crap i mean wwere was the gore maybe they should of got a good damn director directing it and maybe t could of been good but that damn
Paul WS Anderson man i wish i could sue him for making that film so crap f i coul kill ayone and get away with it it would be him ( i wouldent) but any way RESIDENT EVIL sucks dogs testicals:D :D

have a nice day peeps!!!!!!

moonsorrow
01-08-2004, 02:00 PM
i loved this movie actualy, not as a horror though i look at it as an action movie...a good one to...acting wasnt that bad either.

Malicious_Mirth
01-09-2004, 01:17 PM
man i kinda hav mixed feelings

on the one hand i thought the movie was entertaining and mila jovovich is NAKED so i liked that part

but on the other hand the movie blew soooo....i have mixed feelings lmao

Popcorn King
01-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Hated it. Getting rid of Romero was the biggest mistake these assclowns ever made.

Oh yeah...

Note to Hollywood: stop putting Michelle Rodriguez in films. She has the acting range of a turnip. Scowl, grimace, scowl. Just make it stop.

Arioch
01-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Hated it. Getting rid of Romero was the biggest mistake these assclowns ever made.

for real, they obviously didnt know what they were doing. "who needs a good director? we have CG". lol

avenger00soul
01-17-2004, 05:31 PM
I felt that it was a cool movie, but was nothing like the video games. It would be very hard to make a movie that would do the game justice and please all the fans. I think Paul Anderson just made his own zombie film and incorporated some elements from the game. As a Resident Evil fan, I wasn't up to par. As a moviegoer, it entertained me very much.

Ultimamk
01-19-2004, 04:43 PM
I hated everything with the exception of the laser scene and the scene with the super zombie attacking the train.

avenger00soul
01-21-2004, 09:28 AM
I forgot to brind this up before: Did anyone notice all the Alice In Wonderland references in Resident Evil?

Digital Murders
01-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I felt that it was a cool movie, but was nothing like the video games. It would be very hard to make a movie that would do the game justice and please all the fans. I think Paul Anderson just made his own zombie film and incorporated some elements from the game. As a Resident Evil fan, I wasn't up to par. As a moviegoer, it entertained me very much.

That's what the sequal is for.;)

And the metaphores for Alice in Wonderland, yes, I saw them after they mentioned them a gizillion times in the commentary.

I thought the movie was entertaining, but not scary. I liked it. I'll probably see the second one too.

Mike_the_killer
01-21-2004, 03:47 PM
HI i am new and was wonderin is resident evil considered horror?

Sam The Egg
01-21-2004, 03:51 PM

I'm sorry, I relaly tried...

WTF DO YOU THINK?! Of course it's not! It's a lighthearted romp of a fucking family movie! I suppose one could make an argument for it being an action movie, but barring that OF COURSE IT'S A FUCKING HORROR MOVIE!

mudsliptones
01-22-2004, 01:49 AM
I liked the movie, but i don't consider it a horror at all

otis
01-23-2004, 03:08 PM
What makes a horror movie a horror movie???
It had zombies, killing, and some suspense full moments so i would say it was a horror flick. I liked it.

Elvis_Christ
01-23-2004, 05:39 PM
It had horror conventions but was esentially an action movie Kinda in the same way Aliens is part horror/sci-fi and action.

KRUGERKID13
01-23-2004, 05:41 PM
either way the film sucked majorly.

terrible excuse to milk a popular game

Sick_As_Fuck
01-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Great movie, not a horror though. Not at all.

avenger00soul
01-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Where is Resident Evil located in the video store guys?

In the horror section.

It's an action/horror hybrid like a lot of the films coming out recently (Underworld, the Blade films, Dog Soldiers, etc).

otis
01-24-2004, 05:13 PM
In my opinion, it is a horror/sci-fi flick but, i really don't know what makes horror movies, horror movies. It did have zombies. It is found in the horror section. I consider Resident Evil more of a horror film than the blades. Blade does have vampires but it doesn't have any suspense moments and it has that action feel to it.

xshiny_demonx
01-24-2004, 05:25 PM
...good flick, cant wait for the 2nd one.

avenger00soul
01-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by otis
Blade does have vampires but it doesn't have any suspense moments and it has that action feel to it.

Blade is the same type of film that I mentioned above: Action/horror. Suspense is needed in a thriller, not necessarily a horror flick. I wouldn't say that Leprechaun in tha Hood was suspenseful, but it was a horror film. As for action, it was a comic-book movie about a vampire slayer. It had to have action.

predfan
01-24-2004, 07:59 PM
i think the movie is definitely horror because of the zombies and other monsters trying to k ill people.
i liked the zombies but i didnt like that weird tongue monster yknow that one at the end that really big one.

otis
01-24-2004, 08:51 PM
true, there is a difference between horror and thriller, sorry. I loved the movie because i am a fan of the game. I can't wait for the next.

MARK MYERS
10-25-2004, 09:51 AM
this film was good but with a few mistakes like why was the kid still alive and in the skool? and why were the kids in the skool 8 hours later?

allmykids
10-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by MARK MYERS
this film was good but with a few mistakes like why was the kid still alive and in the skool? and why were the kids in the skool 8 hours later?

She was already infected. The rest where turned at school so I guess they just stayed there!!

Sistinas
10-25-2004, 02:49 PM
*bangs head against wall, then walks out*

allmykids
10-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Sistinas
*bangs head against wall, then walks out*

I hear ya Sister!! LOL!! :D

Sistinas
10-25-2004, 05:13 PM
hey Mark, try www.fucktard.com !I know they will love you there!

harmful
10-25-2004, 06:39 PM
ok another mistake... how did the dead people in the grave yards get infected? they werent even alive when the infection got loose. and a part that sux in the movie is that part where she flies through the window on her motocycle. i think it is bull crap that she landed perfectly at the perfect time and stuff. but opions are opoins.

EXTR3MIST
10-26-2004, 04:04 AM
opions are opoins

Hell, make your mind up.

allmykids
10-26-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Hell, make your mind up.

He just keeps diging deeper and deeper!! LOL

Joker
10-26-2004, 06:03 PM
I don't consider either of them horror movies, they're action all the way. Not very good either IMO...

knee jerk
10-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I just finally saw this movie last night.
I know I'm about a month late but anyways....this was about the biggest hunk of crap I've seen since....well, since "Van Helsing" at least. I guess I can say that I didn't hate it as much as "V.H." but it sucked balls just the same.
Yeah, that thing with her crashing thru the church on the chopper.....jesus, where to begin?

-she couldn't have known they were in there
-why not use the front door?
-the timing was ridiculously perfect
-the bike was shiny and in too nice condition for a city in ruins
-since she's what...5'6" at the most they had to custom build a bike just for her and it looked totally silly....kinda like something built for a little kid
-this movie sucked balls and this is just one bit of how bad it was

girls were pretty to look at though....

urgeok
10-27-2004, 05:31 AM
this clunker lost me when the 'tough cop' walked into the police station in a miniskirt.
It Took itself seriously and tried to blend camp into that because 'thats how it is in the game'

Who cares .. just another bad blend of game and movie .. done very badly.

It was cool to see the locations .. I live in Toronto and Racoon City - City Hall really was Toronto City Hall.
Cool to see it get all blowed up real good at the end too.

but the movie was a juvinile waste of time and money.
The actions scenes (which would be the only saving grace in a turd like this) were so dark and so badly edited that you couldnt make out a damn thing that was happening)

Now i didnt mind the 1st resident evil that much ... the horror wasnt 'dirty' enough for a zombie film but it did have the flow of a game ... it wasnt so bad... a more successful blend of game and movie.

But RE2 .. i couldnt even enjoy the women because i hated every character in the film.

knee jerk
10-27-2004, 08:32 AM
No no no.....you have to enjoy the women!!!
That's the only reason for NOT gouging your eyes out.
God, that Jill Valentine....just about put Milla to shame. And Milla rules!

urgeok
10-27-2004, 08:35 AM
unfortunately they were so cliched and dumb they werent sexy.
even the girls in the atrocious House of the Dead were sexier than the RE gals.

Milla was very attractive in The 5th Element ...I'll give her that.