PDA

View Full Version : romero - finally has a new zombie film

dabruce16
11-25-2003, 12:49 PM
but it won't be DEAD RECKONING, the fourth NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD film. the movie is called DIAMOND DEAD. and it is a musical. its about a rock and roll band who are on their way to stardom when they die. they then come back as zombies.

read more at

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=40263

abbycomix
11-25-2003, 01:20 PM
That sounds great to me!

avenger00soul
11-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Just read about this today, seems interesting.

cheebacheeba
11-25-2003, 03:36 PM
Hey, can anybody tell me how many films are actually in the romero zombie series? Up until recently, I thought it was only night of the living dead, dawn of the dead (u rock, baby), and day of the dead.....now I'm hearing about parts 4 and 5?
If anyone can tell me the whole lot including any alternate names,, and remakes, that'd be cool....:cool:

FreddyFan
11-25-2003, 04:56 PM
this sounds pretty damn good to me.

crazy clown
11-25-2003, 05:03 PM
it sounds kinda cheesy to me. i mean think about it, a zombie/musical movie.

avenger00soul
11-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Hey, can anybody tell me how many films are actually in the romero zombie series? Up until recently, I thought it was only night of the living dead, dawn of the dead (u rock, baby), and day of the dead.....now I'm hearing about parts 4 and 5?
If anyone can tell me the whole lot including any alternate names,, and remakes, that'd be cool....:cool:

Night, Dawn, and Day are the trilogy.

Night of the Living Dead was remade in the early 90's and the Dawn of the Dead remake hits theaters soon.

graveambitions
11-25-2003, 05:17 PM
cheebacheeba what you've probably been told about is either the remake of the original which shares the same name or the Return of the Living Dead trilogy. Now I've only seen the first Return of the Living Dead, so I can't tell you about the other two. Anyone who is into old L.A. punk or deathrock should at least buy the soundtrack. The way it links up, if I remember correctly, is that the original Night of the Living Dead was based on truth about a government cover up and George A. Romero uncovered it and made a movie over it. So same thing happens again, except to a group of L.A death/punk rockers. Yea! It's where that line "If you really loved me, you'd let me eat your brains," comes from (or something like that).

teenagezombie
11-25-2003, 07:15 PM
musical? ok when i read its a musical/zombie movie i pictured zombies dancing and singing like KATS or something. sounds pretty shitty to me.........i dispise musicals

cheebacheeba
11-25-2003, 07:34 PM
sooo, other than the original trilogy, remakes thereof, and the shitty spinoff series (ROTLD's) , I've read something about a 4th movie and potentially a 5th coming out?

Also, what's "land of the dead"? another spinoff?

Are they remaking the entire original trilogy?

And hey, while anyone answering all or any these q's is here, can y'all name me some good zombie type movies?
Please name some titles OTHER than resident evil, and "alive dead" (aka braindead) , foreign films are ok to mention also.

One more thing...has anyone seen "city of lost children"...I dunno what kinda movie it is, but I've been interested in seeing it for a while now...any good/bad input?

That's all from me, thanks in advance for any help.

Arioch
11-25-2003, 08:36 PM
it sounds kinda cheesy to me. i mean think about it, a zombie/musical movie.

Ya it scares me but not in that right way lol

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-25-2003, 09:22 PM
could prove interesting depends on how they take it..which way I mean.

avenger00soul
11-26-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
sooo, other than the original trilogy, remakes thereof, and the shitty spinoff series (ROTLD's) , I've read something about a 4th movie and potentially a 5th coming out?

Also, what's "land of the dead"? another spinoff?

Are they remaking the entire original trilogy?

And hey, while anyone answering all or any these q's is here, can y'all name me some good zombie type movies?
Please name some titles OTHER than resident evil, and "alive dead" (aka braindead) , foreign films are ok to mention also.

One more thing...has anyone seen "city of lost children"...I dunno what kinda movie it is, but I've been interested in seeing it for a while now...any good/bad input?

That's all from me, thanks in advance for any help.

These 4th and 5th entries you speak of have to be the new Return of the Living Dead films that are coming out (and they aren't shitty spinoffs by the way). Land of the Dead is the proposed title for Romero's 4th Dead movie (thus adding to the trilogy).

Other zombie movies: Cemetery Man, Return of the Living Dead trilogy, the Re-Animator films, Zombie, The Beyond, The Gates of Hell, The Dead Hate the Living, The Dead Next Door, Night Life, The Supernaturals (a bit cheesy), and House of the Dead if you want to laugh your ass off.

And City of Lost Children is absolutely fantastic. It's a must-see flick.

cheebacheeba
11-26-2003, 03:27 PM
thanks for the info there, and if anyone else wants to ad answers to my original post here, that would be cool, it's a few back from here. ok, I admit, maybe "shitty spinoff" was a bit harsh for the return of the living dead series, buuuuut, I did like the original romero trilogy way more, although I have to say, I DID think r.o.t.l.d3 sucked in my opinion, if only by comparison to the others.

ShamSham04
11-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by teenagezombie
musical? ok when i read its a musical/zombie movie i pictured zombies dancing and singing like KATS or something. sounds pretty shitty to me.........i dispise musicals

Agreed.

This sounds lame. I just wanna see the fourth installment already.

graveambitions
11-26-2003, 04:23 PM
Aw, City of Lost Children. One could say it was thier (Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro) best, but every movie Jeunet was involved with was absolutely amazing in every sense. If you like City of Lost Children go see Delecatessen. Jean-Pierre Jeunet also did Amelie and Alien Resurection. They both have more movies but I haven't ever seen them. You could probably get them in France. If you happen to like his style there's a movie called Tuvalu by Veit Helmer that is fucking excellent. Tom Waits should've done the sound track and acted in it and it would have been the best movie ever. Totally un-horror, but still a bit creepy. Actually I've heard that the guy that played Anton in Tuvalu is going to be in the new Jean-Pierre Jeunet film. Great.