PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Corpses wins me over.

Arioch
11-25-2003, 01:54 AM
Alright boys and girls, i began watching this downloaded movie last night with my usuall skeptism, not expecting much. After all its Rob Zombie directing right? Wrong! it wasnt long into the film that i realized i wasnt going to be able to predict how this one ended up.

It went in crazy directions, and while i expected his music video type directing to get on my nerves, it didnt, it reeled me in. The music wasnt over the top like i expected it to be. The acting was pretty well done and the characters were way better than most ive seen recently (maybe with the exception to Dog Soldiers:D ).
After watching Wrong Turn earlier today( :( :o :( :o :rolleyes: :( :o ) this was a refreshing break from the genre stereotypes.

Anyway, rent or pick this one up if you guys havent already. I was as skeptical as possible and he won me over. Nice ending too ;)

nightbreed
11-25-2003, 03:38 AM
The plot holes in this film where enough to drive me nuts. My roommate got the dvd and I watched it with the commentary and he said nothing i really wanted to hear. If you could explain to me exactly wtf the whole sacrafice scene was about and how that fit into anything plot wise it would really help me. And they never eally explain dick about doctor satan or his mecha-corpse bodyguard with a mouth that looks like an asshole. It was just like "Oh right and heres where we throw the plot away and have her get chased around by monsters, YAY!"
I mean granted it had its cool parts, that pig getting smoked by otis for instance, but overall i thought it fell short. then again I thought that this film was going to be the best horror film ever, literally. How dissapointed I was.

MichaelMyers
11-25-2003, 04:08 AM
I've been debating as to whether to see it myself....I've heard good things and bad things about the film.

bloodrayne
11-25-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
Alright boys and girls, i began watching this downloaded movie last night with my usuall skeptism, not expecting much. After all its Rob Zombie directing right? Wrong! it wasnt long into the film that i realized i wasnt going to be able to predict how this one ended up.

It went in crazy directions, and while i expected his music video type directing to get on my nerves, it didnt, it reeled me in. The music wasnt over the top like i expected it to be. The acting was pretty well done and the characters were way better than most ive seen recently (maybe with the exception to Dog Soldiers:D ).
After watching Wrong Turn earlier today( :( :o :( :o :rolleyes: :( :o ) this was a refreshing break from the genre stereotypes.

Anyway, rent or pick this one up if you guys havent already. I was as skeptical as possible and he won me over. Nice ending too ;)

Guess we're FINALLY gonna disagree...a little. I didn't think it COMPLETELY sucked but.......

When the MUSIC is better than the MOVIE...SOMEONE could have done a better job...I still love Rob Zombie though...

allmykids
11-25-2003, 12:10 PM
I could not wait to see this movie and it SUCKS, big time !! sorry but being the total horror fan I am if there is a no.2 Iwill have to see it!!

VenomX
11-25-2003, 12:26 PM
I didn't mind it. But I didn't rent it expecting to see the best movie ever in the history of horror movies. I suppose you would be dissapointed then.

avenger00soul
11-25-2003, 01:56 PM
I'll agree with you Arioch, had a damn good time watching it.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-25-2003, 04:52 PM
I watched it with about six friends and they all thought it sucked..But I thought it was pretty damn good..the pig scene was cool as shit
:D

crazy clown
11-25-2003, 05:44 PM
i watched it with my friend. he loved it, thought it was great and original. aside from some cool parts it just seemed like a big tcm rip. but of course tcm is rob zombie's favorite film so what could you expect. in an article zombie called tcm "a perfect movie."

billbundix
11-25-2003, 06:34 PM
try it on 'shrooms.

bellamorte
11-25-2003, 06:49 PM
There is more to it from what I heard then again horror doesn't exactly have a true plott in the first film. It kind of withdraws from it... You have to see nearly two more sequals before a plott in a horror film is created. Then again that is just my opinion. You bascly knew nothing about the story behind Pinhead before the first few films.

Anyway I thought the story was cool. Something they can evolve on. And I am sure the ritual scene was there to call on doctor Satan. I probably am the few people that at least some plott from it. I am pretty good at doing that. I enjoyed it actually. I thought it was amusing and not what I expected.

Arioch
11-25-2003, 08:18 PM
It seems the people that went in expecting the best dont like it, and the people that went in expecting it to suck were plesantly surprised.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-25-2003, 09:30 PM
actually, I wasnt sure what to expect I went into it blindly and enjoyed it......so I guess I fall under another catagory.... neive......hehehe:D

abbycomix
11-26-2003, 07:02 AM
It was OK, I was confused about the plot by the end. But I loved Captain Spaulding!

Killer Clown#1
11-26-2003, 07:10 AM
I was going to watch it in the theater but mine was not carrying it:( Ohwell I rented it on dvd and enjoyed it, maybe because I saw it blindly like SoUl SuRvIvOrS

bellamorte
11-26-2003, 01:56 PM
I think it is a good cheesy horror flick. That is what it was meant for and so I took it as so. I wasn't trying to see it as a master piece. I think it is a matter of a opinion though.

crazy clown
11-26-2003, 06:04 PM
i didn't know what it was going to be like.

meetthecreeper
11-29-2003, 08:29 PM
I think this movie was great, I loved the old school feel of it and the fact that it seemed like I was watching a college made film. I give it a thub=mbs up for Zombies directorial debut but I admit I am biased. I love the guys music, his artwork, been to a shitload of his shows. My be is 1000 corpses 2 will be much better.

allmykids
11-29-2003, 08:39 PM
did you like night of the living dead? I loved it!! the black guy getting shot at the end was a bummer!

spoon
12-04-2003, 05:57 AM
Am I the only one that did not like 1000 Corpses at ALL? I felt like it was a blend of Texas Chainsaw meets Rocky Horror. Not my taste at all!

avenger00soul
12-04-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by spoon
Am I the only one that did not like 1000 Corpses at ALL? I felt like it was a blend of Texas Chainsaw meets Rocky Horror. Not my taste at all!

Actually, alot of people on here hated it so you are not alone. I dug it though and can't wait for the sequel.

_Leatha_Face_
12-04-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Actually, alot of people on here hated it so you are not alone. I dug it though and can't wait for the sequel. whens the sequel supposed to come out??

avenger00soul
12-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by _Leatha_Face_
whens the sequel supposed to come out??

Not sure. The last I heard Zombie had just finished the script. I did hear that they were shooting for an October release date though.

_Leatha_Face_
12-04-2003, 11:38 AM
sweet i hope it has more of dr satan in it that guy was a fuckin freak