PDA

View Full Version : The next project

tom-tom
05-20-2005, 01:22 AM
What do you guys - and chicks - think Peter Jacksons next movie should be?
Personally, i think he should start making the Stephen king Dark Tower series into movies - a book is one movie like lord of the rings. Any thoughts?

zwoti
05-20-2005, 10:07 AM
well after king kong he is adapting the novel "the lovely bones"...after that there is talk of the hobbit

urgeok
05-20-2005, 11:13 AM
HE should have remade War of the Worlds ..
he's have done it the right way.

HappyCamper
05-21-2005, 05:58 PM
He should go back to his days of horror and do another 'zombie' film like 'Dead Alive'

HappyCamper
05-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Although I do think a 'Dark Towers' Series would be cool. I haven't read the books myself, but the covers are cool enough for me.

tom-tom
05-30-2005, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by HappyCamper
Although I do think a 'Dark Towers' Series would be cool. I haven't read the books myself, but the covers are cool enough for me.

Then i suggest you read the series...and if you read all eight and you find out what exactly is in the top room of the tower, you may be disappointed

urgeok
05-30-2005, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by tom-tom
Then i suggest you read the series...and if you read all eight and you find out what exactly is in the top room of the tower, you may be disappointed

it's tabatha king, covered in saran wrap and mazola oil.

alkytrio666
05-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by urgeok

I second that..

zwoti
05-30-2005, 02:27 PM

still love the 50's version

tom-tom
05-31-2005, 05:27 AM
it's tabatha king, covered in saran wrap and mazola oil.

Shit man, don't spoil it for everyone

urgeok
06-01-2005, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
still love the 50's version

i never liked it ..
i had read the book and had the jeff wayne record before i saw the george pal film .. and was really dissapointed at how it was americanized and made into a religious vehicle ..

funny a fellow from the UK wouldnt be put off by it as well ..

ADOM
07-08-2005, 11:20 PM
i never liked it ..
i had read the book and had the jeff wayne record before i saw the george pal film .. and was really dissapointed at how it was americanized and made into a religious vehicle ..

funny a fellow from the UK wouldnt be put off by it as well ..
That was my first intorduction to War of the Worlds, so naturally it is among my favorite adaptations. I sort of want to see that British version that was rumored to have Spammed up a bunch of boards.