PDA

View Full Version : The Office

Preacher
05-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Oh my god.

Just watched the american version of the office and i've one conclusion to make.........

ITS SHIIIIIITTTT.

They have totally ruined one of the funniest programs to ever grace the british television industry.

I dont know whether its cos american humour lacks something that we have over in the UK or what but they've fuckin ruined it.

I cant believe this shit. I just hope people over in the sates dont think this is what the original office was really like. Looks like one big IBM advert.

Any other UK people seen this turd???

tom-tom
05-19-2005, 01:46 AM
i have not seen the american version, and from what you've described i'll keep clear of it, but the UK Version is briallant. The more you watch it, the more pity you feel for David Brent (Ricky Gervais), and, of course, the funnier it gets.

tom-tom
05-19-2005, 01:50 AM
David Brents classic dance (second series).

Preacher
05-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by tom-tom
i have not seen the american version, and from what you've described i'll keep clear of it, but the UK Version is briallant. The more you watch it, the more pity you feel for David Brent (Ricky Gervais).

Yep. In my opinion the best british sitcom produced. Never before has there been a series where every single part of every episode makes you laugh till you nearly pee.

Nice to see someone else on here with taste.

tom-tom
05-19-2005, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Preacher
Yep. In my opinion the best british sitcom produced. Never before has there been a series where every single part of every episode makes you laugh till you nearly pee.

Nice to see someone else on here with taste.

Have you seen the christmas special?
Dawn and Tim finally reveal there true feelings for each other...a good show indeed.

Vodstok
05-19-2005, 04:16 AM
America made their own version of something and it was shit?

Get out of town... We havent ruined a thing here. Product placements add character. And fart jokes are better than subtlety.

Next thing you know, you'll be saying we took the croissant and bastardized it for bk's Croissandwiches". We dont cheapen anything. You all just have your standards set to high...

Seriously though... American producers are Vampires, sucking the soul from everything they touch.

tom-tom
05-19-2005, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok

Seriously though... American producers are Vampires, sucking the soul from everything they touch. [/B]

Very true.

They did the same with another British sitcom called Red Dwarf.

Vodstok
05-19-2005, 04:32 AM
Red dwarf was americanized? I thought they just re-ran the british version.

tom-tom
05-19-2005, 04:37 AM
It was americinized. More details avaible HERE (http://members.allstream.net/~dtpltd/exclusive.html)

Preacher
05-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Yeah. It was just a pilot episode though i thought. And it was shiiiiiiit.

Vodstok
05-19-2005, 06:19 AM
:rolleyes:

Holy shit.... Why not remake Monty Python while we're at it....

On behalf of the American people, i apologize.

Apparently, nothing is sacred.

urgeok
05-19-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
:rolleyes:

Holy shit.... Why not remake Monty Python while we're at it....

they did .. it was called Saturday Night Live

tom-tom
05-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Is there anything that hasn't been americinized? I very much doubt it!

The_Return
05-30-2005, 12:29 PM
This thread is making me friggin RABID to see the Brittish version! I thought the American version was pretty funny, nothing amazing, but still pretty good....I need to rent the Brittish one this weekend!:D

tom-tom
05-31-2005, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
This thread is making me friggin RABID to see the Brittish version! I thought the American version was pretty funny, nothing amazing, but still pretty good....I need to rent the Brittish one this weekend!:D

Remember there are 2 series

The_Return
05-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by tom-tom
Remember there are 2 series

At one of the places I rent from they have a boxset with both + the Special

tom-tom
06-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
At one of the places I rent from they have a boxset with both + the Special

WEll, that's them all.

Preacher
06-09-2005, 06:07 AM
Yay. Found a site for brent quotes and stuff.

Latas

ChEEbA
06-12-2005, 06:15 PM

What about "coupling"? I think that's funny as a motherfucker...almost CONSTANTLY made me laugh...

- B

Preacher
06-21-2005, 03:18 AM
Well, i've just watched the american version of the office on cable TV and I can confirm it is most definately a bag of shite.

The dry sense of humour from the english version has been completely removed and it has been turned into a typical american sitcom. Again they have to point out where the jokes are for people to understand them.

Do you guys have the original shown in the US as well? My advice would be to watch it and avoid this gayness.

Latas