PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the title of a movie

solaris
05-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Hi everybody
About 15 years ago i saw a movie on tv. Wasn't exactly a horror movie, but still very scary. I only saw the 2nd half of it, but i'll try to describe what it was all about:
Some scientists in a station in the antarctica. Don't know exactly what they were studying, but they also had some small apes in the med labs. Some of the scientists start dying in mysterious ways. The remaining guys try to find out who's responsible for the killings, everyone suspects the others to be the murderer. Tension rises, cabin fever etc...
The movie ends with the remaining survivor getting locked in a big refrigerator. Last thing he sees is one of the small apes looking through the window. So it looks like the apes became intelligent and started killing their torturers, playing them off against one another.
Can anyone tell me the title of this movie? I'd love to buy it and watch it again.

slasherman
05-14-2005, 12:15 PM
sounds familiar....the only movie I remember about killing apes is....
"Monkey Shines" (1988) ...but it dont fit the plot you described...

ShankS
05-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by solaris
Hi everybody
About 15 years ago i saw a movie on tv. Wasn't exactly a horror movie, but still very scary. I only saw the 2nd half of it, but i'll try to describe what it was all about:
Some scientists in a station in the antarctica. Don't know exactly what they were studying, but they also had some small apes in the med labs. Some of the scientists start dying in mysterious ways. The remaining guys try to find out who's responsible for the killings, everyone suspects the others to be the murderer. Tension rises, cabin fever etc...
The movie ends with the remaining survivor getting locked in a big refrigerator. Last thing he sees is one of the small apes looking through the window. So it looks like the apes became intelligent and started killing their torturers, playing them off against one another.
Can anyone tell me the title of this movie? I'd love to buy it and watch it again.

Congo.

bye.

solaris
05-14-2005, 12:32 PM
kinda embarassing, but after i googled for about two hours i was able to track it down.
it IS a tv-movie called 'the chill factor' (aka 'a cold night's death')

Link (http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=151996)

Unfortunately not available on DVD

PS: Congo has apes innit? Like REALLY?

Angra
05-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi everybody

Hmm.... Havenīt seen it. Sounds cool though. :cool:

ShankS
05-14-2005, 11:59 PM

PS: Congo has apes innit? Like REALLY?

my thesis