PDA

View Full Version : Darkness DVD

ItsAlive75
04-26-2005, 04:53 PM
I just picked up Darkness on DVD (the unrated version), not gonna watch it til my roommate gets back. Anyone who has it, or (to a lesser extent) has seen it in theatres, how is it? Worth the money?

phantomstranger
04-26-2005, 05:58 PM
To be perfectly honest I thought it was kind of boring. A couple of decent scenes, but overall not worth the effort.

dantehorrorfan
04-26-2005, 07:29 PM
i thought it was a royal crap fest....

ItsAlive75
04-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Well I watched it drunk and it was pretty sweet...

bettyrocker
04-27-2005, 01:17 PM
i thought i sucked. not worth the time.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
04-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Worst movie ever, I laughed so fucking hard when the movie ended. I'd definately rent it, it's a classic. Own it? Maybe to tell people that I own the worst movie ever made.

IDrinkYourBlood
04-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Well I watched it drunk and it was pretty sweet... Your just saying that cuz you own it.

Angra
04-27-2005, 05:26 PM
DISAPPOINTED!!! :mad:

X¤MurderDoll¤X
04-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Angra
DISAPPOINTED!!! :mad:

Dude, at the end when they go into the tunnel and for the ending the words darkness just come up... Too funny to be disappointing.

Angra
04-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
Dude, at the end when they go into the tunnel and for the ending the words darkness just come up... Too funny to be disappointing.

Come on Dolly, you haven´t seen it, have you?
You never watch horror movies for christ sakes, so why have you seen THIS one??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

It suck-sucks

Femme Fatale
01-23-2006, 03:55 PM
I just rented "Darkness" tonight. Sigh. I thought the opening credits were good and then after that the entire movie sucked. I may have tuned out once and awhile but it seemed they didn't quite explain some things.
**Spoiler** What would be the end result if all 7 children were sacrificed on the eclipse? Who were the 3 old broads wearing sunglasses in the portrait?

gorefreak
01-23-2006, 07:53 PM
I saw "Darkness" unrated for free with 'On Demand' and I'm so glad I did. Like Femme said, it didn't explain a whole lot about what the movie as whole was about except for the 'sacrifice ritual' and not enough happened. The movie dragged on for way too long, rather non-descript plot, and very weak sauce for any amount of gore. Like I've seen hundreds of times, it's always better to spend $3 to rent it before you buy it. That's a movie I wouldn't waste buying if it was $5. I'd rather take the $5 and pitch it towards something good.

urgeok
01-24-2006, 02:43 AM
wasnt crazy about it ... the characters (especially the father) annoyed the hell out of me ...

it just didnt flow ..

and yeah - i own it :P

Angra
01-24-2006, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Femme Fatale
I just rented "Darkness" tonight. Sigh. I thought the opening credits were good and then after that the entire movie sucked. I may have tuned out once and awhile but it seemed they didn't quite explain some things.
**Spoiler** What would be the end result if all 7 children were sacrificed on the eclipse? Who were the 3 old broads wearing sunglasses in the portrait?

How the hell did you find THIS old thread??

jenna26
01-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Angra
How the hell did you find THIS old thread??

LMAO.....someone used the search function....aren't we proud? :D

As for the movie.....it bored me to tears.....really, I cried. It was THAT boring and predictable. :D I will never get that two hours or so of my life back....*sighs*

Angelakillsluts
01-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Horribly boring with zero payoff.

Femme Fatale
01-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by jenna26
LMAO.....someone used the search function....aren't we proud? :D

As for the movie.....it bored me to tears.....really, I cried. It was THAT boring and predictable. :D I will never get that two hours or so of my life back....*sighs*

I did use the search function. It took me awhile to find this particular thread though.

Posher778
01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
well, if you hate the charactersso much then you should have liked this movie, since everyone died anyway.

I thought it was extremely slow and boring, until the part at the end, where... the mom ghost jumped up on the ceiling... and i thought it was going to get exciting...... and then.... zzzzzzzz

The_Return
01-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Awful movie. Slow moving, nothing really happens, and if you paid attention in the first 5 minutes you already know how it ends. I hated it, waste of time and money.

ItsAlive75
01-30-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm embarressed with myself for starting this thread.

What a trash film. I apologize whole-heartedly...