PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Bros: The movie

ChEEbA
04-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Ok, so I saw this once...decided to make a thread since I'll be getting the dvd off some ebay supplier soon, so yeah.

From what I remember, it was pretty good...I mean, not a film to take seriously or anything, and I WAS young, but it was good fun, quite funny, and had an interesting alternative reality kinda deal goin' on.
Anyways, I enjoyed it, and rate it as one of the best videogame movies made, however early.

Anyone see it?

ThisThreadSucks
04-12-2005, 06:58 PM
>>>

:(

The STE
04-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by ThisThreadSucks
>>>

:(

:confused:
Post in the wrong thread?
...oh well, guess I'll never know. Damn you and your non-talkative ways! DAMN THEM!

Awful movie, waste of a good cast

ItsAlive75
04-12-2005, 07:47 PM
The only thing I remember from that movie was that Smantha Mathis was in it, and at the time i thought she was a real cutie...

slasherman
04-13-2005, 01:35 AM
What is this doing on a horror forum ?....anyway this movie suck

urgeok
04-13-2005, 05:08 AM
i watched it with my kid .. he liked it .. i thought it was ok ...

The_Return
04-13-2005, 04:59 PM
I looked up when this came out....I guess I must have seen it not long after, I know I was really young when I saw it. At the time, I loved it....but Id like to see it again soon, damn Blockbuster doesnt have it...

Sedated_replica
04-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Wasn't Dennis Hopper in it? what the fuck? lame

crazy raplh
04-14-2005, 06:06 AM
and koopa was some dingdong.

slasherman
04-14-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
i watched it with my kid .. he liked it .. i thought it was ok ...
guess I was to old then...but I liked "The Incredibles"....:confused:

The Mothman
04-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
Wasn't Dennis Hopper in it? what the fuck? lame

what the fuck? I can see Dennis Hopper as Mario. that would be super fucked up.

IDrinkYourBlood
04-19-2005, 01:59 PM
the movie blew the big one. it was hardly mario at all.

ChEEbA
04-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Despite all the shit being slung allover the movie, I still liked it.
I saw it last when I was about 14, so, perspective may have changed a little, but I'm sure I'd still find it at least entertaining, if only for a laugh.

As for it being "hardly mario", somehow, I figure that if all the powerups, ghosts, power flowers, giant "jaws" bullets that were in the game went into the movie, people would be saying it was even more stupid than they are now.
Should I go on to mention the biting bombs, the stars with faces on 'em, the shrooms, the hammer throwin' jockey getup wearin' turtles, the happy-happy music, jumping sound effects...etc? or do you kinda get where I'm goin' with this?

Sure, I know the acting wasn't great (considering hoskins and hopper were in it), and the storyline and characters deviated somewhat from the game, but...what videogame based movie DOESN'T that describe?

I liked it, this I know...that's all I'm saying. I'll get back to this after viewing it again.

- B.

Vodstok
04-20-2005, 08:25 AM
It should have been a cartoon. Live action versions of cartonney things are usually pretty revolting (Ever see the flinstones movie? I would rather eat shards of glass in battery acid....)

However, i loved the incredibles.

tachii
04-20-2005, 09:06 AM
i don't care
i still like the movie

gordytheghoul
04-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Ya, what is this doing on a horror website. It's about horror films, not horrible films. Also, THE INCREDIBLES sucks. And Samantha Mathis is still a cutie, see the short-lived TV show HARSH REALM or last year's SALEM'S LOT if you need a fix.

ChEEbA
04-21-2005, 01:30 AM
It's about horror films, not horrible films.

Wow, clever pun...:rolleyes:
Allow me to explain this clearly freakish occurence.
See, I put this in modern "horror" movies, as there's no
"modern movies of all kinds" thread, and I figured that if everyone talked about movies of ALL kinds in general, then general would simply be FULL of movie threads too...no doubt SOMEONE would want to complain about that too.
Then again, there's always people that want to complain about any non-horror topics posted anywhere in a site (judging by what you just said, I'd say, people like YOU)...I figure I can't win, so, instead I choose not to give a fuck.
Here at horror.com, we don't have many resident forum nazis, not even the mods are quite that uptight...I think that since this movie has been discussed in both a positive and negative manner, and brought about some amount of conversation, that's a plus for the forum, if you disagree...feel free to voice your concerns to the moderation - go see what they say, before you decide to try and trash my thread on the basis of petty bullshit...and if they don't give a fuck either, you're outta luck I guess.:(

And...don't diss The Incredibles unless you've got something more to say about it than "it sucks".

Vod, I think it would have worked better as a cartoon too...on many occasions, I've thought they couldve made a whole series of films such as this...I know they had the cartoon series, but yknow, something less kiddy would've been nice.
I also hated the Flintstones movie, simply because the humour had stepped down from what it was in the cartoon upon which it was based, a cartoon made some ?15-20? years before it...not to mention....Fred got angry in the cartoon, and quite easily...JG did not, in any way embody that part of the character.

I'm still looking foward to seeing the SMB movie again, even if only to reminisce...I aint going into it expecting a masterpeice, but the strange quirky film I remember it to be.

urgeok
04-21-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by gordytheghoul
. Also, THE INCREDIBLES sucks.

give one single reason .... one reason at all to justify that statement ..

if you dont like animation .. than you dont like it ... that doesn't mean it sucks ..

if you're going to fly in the face of a movie that has the respect of everyone .. critics, public, alternative film fans alike ....

then have a reason that makes sense ...

i cant wait to hear why it sucked..

Vodstok
04-21-2005, 03:47 AM
"Because I like to be contrary. I hate anything that is popular."

I figured i would speak for him, seeing as how he definately doesnt deserve to do his own talking (because you are a moron,gordy. See? a reason.)