PDA

View Full Version : Jaws - Fall '05

MichaelMyers
04-02-2005, 10:00 AM
From the 'April' issue of Game informer:

Do you love the ocean? Is fish your favorite food? Do you bite anyone that walks by, or are you driven into frenzy by the scent of blood? If so, you’re probably a shark trapped in a human’s body. It’s actually a far more common occurrence than you’d think. Seriously, it’s a real medical condition called sharkanthropy. Fortunately, Majesco has the cure for this bizarre medical problem: a new Jaws video game, just in time for the movie’s 30th anniversary.

Although the concept of playing as a giant swimming engine of destruction is enough to get us excited, some are bound to be skeptical about any game starring an aquatic animal. Fortunately, Majesco has wisely recruited a developer with a proven track record in this unique field: Appaloosa Interactive, the crew behind the respected Ecco the Dolphin games. No one makes underwater titles like Appaloosa, and this time the studio is exploring the deadlier side of the life aquatic. This time around, you are no happy, friendly dolphin; you are a remorseless eating machine: the world’s most famous shark, Jaws.

As the titular Great White, you are drawn back to Amity Island by its growing food supply (read: humans) and wind up killing the son of the CEO of Enviroplus – the biggest corporation on the island. The CEO hires famed shark hunter Cruz Ruddock and marine biologist Michael Brody (you might remember him as the son of Chief Brody in the movies) to hunt you down, and you must evade them while unleashing devastation on your attackers.

The various underwater locations will feature tons of destructible objects for you to smash to bits, as well as all kinds of sea life (and other things) to rip apart with your deadly teeth. You’ll face other sharks, killer whales, huge boats, and SCUBA divers, each of which can be torn apart piece by piece, thanks to a dismemberment engine that features over 25 unique ‘detachment points’.

While unleashing havoc as a deadly predator sounds giddily enjoyable, Appaloosa is taking the property seriously and creating a game that can stand as a true sequel to the films. Jaws will have other weapons aside from his powerful teeth, including the ability to hunt down your prey with Shark Vision, a skill based on real sharks’ keen senses. You will also be able to unleash carnage in a free-roaming mode, that lets you simply revel in chaos, as well as the story mode.

There is something primally appealing about taking on the role of nature’s greatest hunter and eluding harm, but considering that it is being developed by Appaloosa, a studio with a reputation for intelligent and artistic games, we’re confident that Jaws will offer more than simply underwater mayhem. Jaws the game has the potential to be as serious and respected as the film on which it is based. We can practically hear the theme music already.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/089/reviews/923582_20050331_screen002.jpg

Yellow Jacket
04-09-2005, 10:21 PM
I just read about this game in the same mag that u just quoted, Game Informer. It sounds kick ass! U get to play as Jaws and eat people and fish alive as their guts and blood spray all over the ocean grounds. What could possibly be more fun than that? Honestly!
________
vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

barbra
04-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket
I just read about this game in the same mag that u just quoted, Game Informer. It sounds kick ass! U get to play as Jaws and eat people and fish alive as their guts and blood spray all over the ocean grounds. What could possibly be more fun than that? Honestly! being a zombie and eating people guts and splattering their blood all over pavement

Yellow Jacket
04-11-2005, 12:20 PM
originally posted by barbra
being a zombie and eating people guts and splattering their blood all over pavement

Good Point! They should make that. It's like Resident Evil, but in reverse.

Sedated_replica
04-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by barbra
being a zombie and eating people guts and splattering their blood all over pavement

They did. I think. Resident Evil Outbreak. Its a online resident evil game for PS2. once you died, you turn into a zombie and can go after your team mates

Yellow Jacket
04-11-2005, 02:44 PM
originally posted by Sedated_replica

They did. I think. Resident Evil Outbreak. Its a online resident evil game for PS2. once you died, you turn into a zombie and can go after your team mates

I've played Outbreak but this never happened to me. Then again, I don't have a network adapter so u may only be able to do it online. If so, I've gotta get a network adapter real soon, dammit!

dantehorrorfan
04-11-2005, 03:04 PM
now i get to control a shark and bite little basterds in the ass!!!!!!!!!!!