PDA

View Full Version : Stupid ass laws


babygirl20
03-17-2005, 08:29 AM
yesterday I got pulled over and got a noise ordinance ticket ($150 not including court cost). They also told me that if it happened again they'd take away my car stereo system. I was just wondering if any other place besides Alabama had stupid laws like noise ordinance laws or any other stupid laws?

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-17-2005, 08:32 AM
hahaha

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
hahaha

You just don't like me do you?:confused:

newb
03-17-2005, 08:54 AM
I think most of the states have noise ordinance laws.

Just curious...what song were you listening to when you got pulled over?

AUSTIN316426808
03-17-2005, 08:55 AM
I've never heard of the law you're referring to and if it is a law here it sure as hell isn't enforced.

Vodstok
03-17-2005, 08:59 AM
I can sympathize with wanting to play loud music in the car, but there has to be a limit. I get sick of sitting in traffic and listening to some other asshole's hip hop over my music.

And i also cant stand the fat asshole who lives across the street who has to listen to queen cranked up in the car, when he isnt even in the fucking car....

newb
03-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
I can sympathize with wanting to play loud music in the car, but there has to be a limit. I get sick of sitting in traffic and listening to some other asshole's hip hop over my music.

And i also cant stand the fat asshole who lives across the street who has to listen to queen cranked up in the car, when he isnt even in the fucking car....

I agree...and 9 times out of 10 its rap music.

Vodstok
03-17-2005, 09:06 AM
I used to live on a Bonafide Central Ave at my last apartment and i have learned to hate motor vehicles, sound-systems, and drivers on levels most people cant comprehend.

Imagine the above mentioned music blaring at 3 in the morning, and during the summer, so it's not liek we could close the windows.

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by newb
I think most of the states have noise ordinance laws.

Just curious...what song were you listening to when you got pulled over?

"How Do You Want It" by 2 Pac:cool:

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I've never heard of the law you're referring to and if it is a law here it sure as hell isn't enforced.

If you have your radio and bass up to loud, then you get a ticket. Stupid if you ask me. I could understand if it was in a residential neighborhood, but I was on hte fuckin highway for christs sake.:mad:

newb
03-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by babygirl20
"How Do You Want It" by 2 Pac:cool:

Well...there ya go.

A cop hears 2 Pac and he's gonna pull ya over anyway.

ShankS
03-17-2005, 09:14 AM
we have public disorder offences, which have fines etc dished out, for offences including excessive noise... most of the time it's for house noise.


do think it's a bit harsh as you were on the highway and not pissing off residents.

maybe the cops were bored, and needed to fill out their fine quoter for that day, and you were just unlucky to get pounced on.

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by newb
Well...there ya go.

A cop hears 2 Pac and he's gonna pull ya over anyway.

Yeah, but my first two tickets I got I was listening to Alice in Chains on the first one, and Seether on the second one. I just hate Tallasse. They just give you tickets for money. They are so crooked here.:mad:

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
we have public disorder offences, which have fines etc dished out, for offences including excessive noise... most of the time it's for house noise.


do think it's a bit harsh as you were on the highway and not pissing off residents.

maybe the cops were bored, and needed to fill out their fine quoter for that day, and you were just unlucky to get pounced on.

I am so not lying about this. I got a noise ordinance ticket once and I didn't even have my radio on. I had pulled up next to a cop at a red light. So why the hell am I gonna turn my radio on right beside him. I turned my radio off as soon as I seen him and that was WAY before I got to the red light. So, don't ever think of living in Alabama. You would not like it with all the crooked cops.

AUSTIN316426808
03-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by babygirl20
Yeah, but my first two tickets I got I was listening to Alice in Chains on the first one, and Seether on the second one. I just hate Tallasse. They just give you tickets for money. They are so crooked here.:mad:


I just got a thought, I thought you said you were on medication that makes you well...loaded I guess you could say anyway the point is what are you doing driving?

newb
03-17-2005, 09:18 AM
With all the money your spending on tickets, perhaps you should invest in these.

http://iasos.com/detalist/rol/headphones.gif

ShankS
03-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by newb
Well...there ya go.

A cop hears 2 Pac and he's gonna pull ya over anyway.

"that guys playing rap, he's gota have a trunk full of coke...lets pull him"

*jumps out the car both loaded with M4's and XM1014s

"GET the FUCK out the car Mister! ...hands on the roof and SPREAD em!"

"hey sir, I didn't do anything wrong mister.......
..... I borrowed my little sises rap tapes yesterday :( "

"we dont GIVE a SHIT!!.... go check the trunk
.....whos ya dealer?!"

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I just got a thought, I thought you said you were on medication that makes you well...loaded I guess you could say anyway the point is what are you doing driving?

The doctor said I could drive. I am on Paxil, Klonopin, and Toprol XL. I can't just sit at home. I constantly have to be on the road.:)

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
"that guys playing rap, he's gota have a trunk full of coke...lets pull him"

*jumps out the car both loaded with M4's and XM1014s

"GET the FUCK out the car Mister! ...hands on the roof and SPREAD em!"

"hey sir, I didn't do anything wrong mister.......
..... I borrowed my little sises rap tapes yesterday :( "

"we dont GIVE a SHIT!!.... go check the trunk
.....whos ya dealer?!"

"ALL I gots is these packs of fake cigarettes officer!"

"They're full of coke we know it, hand um over, don't make us use deadly force!"

I'd then be laying on the ground calmly.

"OFFICERS, bring in hte dogs and the swat unit. This girl looks dangerous."

"She just moved, kick her back down and beat her with the night stick."

"Officer, I was just oving cuz I was laying in an ant bed."


I swear sum cops are so dumb!

What you said was funny as hell! LOL:p

Vodstok
03-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
[B
*jumps out the car both loaded with M4's and XM1014s
[/B] Been playing a little CS lately shanks?:)

ShankS
03-17-2005, 09:34 AM
it's how the US police come across, they're like it in these police footage documentry programmes we have in the Uk.... one of them is called:

World's Wildest Police Videos:

Amazing footage of reckless criminals engaged in a range of illegal and often highly dangerous activities. Featuring the pursuit of an 81-year-old driver with Alzheimers heading the wrong way down the freeway, and the rioting students who turn a campus into a war zone

Duration: 60mins

some of the stuff is hillarious but can be dangerous, and other times you see the police over reacting.

ShankS
03-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Been playing a little CS lately shanks?:)

to much CS has got in ingrained in my brain, whenever I name some weapons....lol

played Unreal the other day, and said, "wtf where's the shotguns" :D

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
to much CS has got in ingrained in my brain, whenever I name some weapons....lol

played Unreal the other day, and said, "wtf where's the shotguns" :D

You should most definetly play Grand Theft Auto (San Andreas) if you like violence. It's full of killing, pimps, ho's and all that good shit!;)

ShankS
03-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by babygirl20
You should most definetly play Grand Theft Auto (San Andreas) if you like violence. It's full of killing, pimps, ho's and all that good shit!;)

it's not mindless violence I like, it's running round in a team based game, mowing down the enemy team, with a head removing boom stick :D

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
it's not mindless violence I like, it's running round in a team based game, mowing down the enemy team, with a head removing boom stick :D

You do that with like bazookas and shit and you get to make up your own gang!! Play it!!;)

ShankS
03-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by babygirl20
You do that with like bazookas and shit and you get to make up your own gang!! Play it!!;)

I have no playstation :D

Vodstok
03-17-2005, 09:54 AM
I love cs source.... I get a kick out of it when someone is in mid jump and they catch a round in the head, they look like they are doing ballet.


I alos like servers that fuck with the physics. you get shot in the head and fly the length of a football field :)

ShankS
03-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
I love cs source.... I get a kick out of it when someone is in mid jump and they catch a round in the head, they look like they are doing ballet.


I alos like servers that fuck with the physics. you get shot in the head and fly the length of a football field :)

yeah low grav is fun, on italy in the market, shooting the fruit on the stalls... goes everywhere.

Vodstok
03-17-2005, 10:02 AM
have you played with the physics in-game during regular hl2?

In ravenholm, i had set the gravity to 100 and played with some of the other settings. When you hit a zombie with a saw blade, the upper half goes flying way the hell up, and when the fast zombies jump at you, you can take your time and pick them off with the crossbow. i had 4 of them stuck to the same spot in the wall at one point :)

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
I have no playstation :D

get one, you won't regret it!;)

zwoti
03-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Vodstok
I love cs source.

maybe one day we'll have a game

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by newb
Well...there ya go.

A cop hears 2 Pac and he's gonna pull ya over anyway.

She should have watched Chris Rock's "How not to get your ass beat by the poe-lease" instructional video.

and I laughed because it's stupid/funny not because I hate you @babygirl

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
She should have watched Chris Rock's "How not to get your ass beat by the poe-lease" instructional video.

and I laughed because it's stupid/funny not because I hate you @babygirl

I'll give you that, it was pretty fuckin stupid of me.:D

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by babygirl20
I'll give you that, it was pretty fuckin stupid of me.:D

I've called a cop an asshole before. Now that was stupid. My friend took a cinderblock and threw it at a squad car windshield.. for no reason... now THAT was stupid. :D I don't hang around him anymore because he's an asshole.

I think it's stupid that you'd get pulled over and given a fine. I listen to music really loud in my car and I never even thought about that.

babygirl20
03-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
I've called a cop an asshole before. Now that was stupid. My friend took a cinderblock and threw it at a squad car windshield.. for no reason... now THAT was stupid. :D I don't hang around him anymore because he's an asshole.

I think it's stupid that you'd get pulled over and given a fine. I listen to music really loud in my car and I never even thought about that.

Told ya'll, cops were crooked in Bama.:mad:

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Rednecks are bad, redneck cops are worse.

Marroe
03-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by babygirl20
yesterday I got pulled over and got a noise ordinance ticket ($150 not including court cost). They also told me that if it happened again they'd take away my car stereo system. I was just wondering if any other place besides Alabama had stupid laws like noise ordinance laws or any other stupid laws? They have an old law in Charlack (a town in north St. Louis county) that the temp. can't drop below a certain degree. My ex told me about this, and I didn't believe him of course so I hadda ask a cop in that district and sure enough, it's true. The law was made when Charlack became a town, which is proof enough to me that it always has, and always will be a screwy little place.
Of course I can't remember what the temp. is....but that is the dumbest law I have ever heard of. I had completly forgot about that til just now, so I think I'll have to do some research on it. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Kitty
03-17-2005, 02:56 PM
i hate the damn law that you can't smoke untill you 18
smoking should be bannished all to gether!

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Kitty
i hate the damn law that you can't smoke untill you 18
smoking should be bannished all to gether!

nope.

Haunted
03-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Thank you Murder Doll. As long as I'm not fucking up their air (ie, smoking in a nonsmoking section or in closed spaces with non consenting nonsmokers or what the fuck ever.) then non smokers of either cigarettes or pot (or both) should stay out of my goddamn air space too.

ItsAlive75
03-17-2005, 03:31 PM
I got a speeding ticket coming back from Iowa to Illinois. Luckily I got the ticket in Iowa, cuz Illinois takes away your license when you get a speeding ticket.

Do they do that shit anywhere else?

Haunted
03-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Has anyone here ripped off a gas station...deliberately...by pulling up, gassing up, and then driving away? That's happening like crazy these days...and I'm not completely saying it's wrong given the price of gas and the people behind the oil industry.

ItsAlive75
03-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
Has anyone here ripped off a gas station...deliberately...by pulling up, gassing up, and then driving away? That's happening like crazy these days...and I'm not completely saying it's wrong given the price of gas and the people behind the oil industry.

I usually pay with a credit card, so not me...

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
Thank you Murder Doll. As long as I'm not fucking up their air (ie, smoking in a nonsmoking section or in closed spaces with non consenting nonsmokers or what the fuck ever.) then non smokers of either cigarettes or pot (or both) should stay out of my goddamn air space too.

Exactly.

Anti-smokers piss me off to no end.

*makes hacking sounds* "Don't you know that cigarettes kill?"
No, I've never watched TV for more than 4 minutes. :rolleyes:

ha Smoking will never be banned though. :cool:

ItsAlive75
03-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
Exactly.


No, I've never watched TV for more than 4 minutes. :rolleyes:


Y'know, too much television kills....

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Y'know, too much television kills....

Next time I'm just going to stab the person. Being a stupid dick to people kills too y'know.

Kitty
03-17-2005, 03:54 PM
yea but the leading cause of deaths in the world in smoking it caused more deaths than car acedints,suesidal attemps,murders,etc. but 90% of all deaths are caused by smoking!

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Kitty
yea but the leading cause of deaths in the world in smoking it caused more deaths than car acedints,suesidal attemps,murders,etc. but 90% of all deaths are caused by smoking!

go sit in the corner. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/cirquemacabre/emot-downs.gif

ItsAlive75
03-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
Next time I'm just going to stab the person. Being a stupid dick to people kills too y'know.

Was that directed to me? Cuz I was just jokin...

Sowwy:(

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Was that directed to me? Cuz I was just jokin...

Sowwy:(

No, not you.

Kitty
03-17-2005, 03:59 PM
me???
so so so sorry ppl!

ItsAlive75
03-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Kitty
me???
so so so sorry ppl!

There should be a law allowing me to spit and children



:confused:

Kitty
03-17-2005, 04:05 PM
what about kids?

ItsAlive75
03-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Kitty
what about kids?

children are kids, aren't they?

urgeok
03-17-2005, 04:11 PM
re smoking ..

if you want to smoke ... fine, its your gamble ..

but if you smoke in a car with your kids ... you should have the kids taken away from you.

the most maddening thing to me about smokers is that (a large majority of them - not all) are litterers. They throw the cellophane on the ground, then they throw the foil on the ground, they throw the butts wherever the fuck they please, then they eventually throw the empty packages and lighters on the ground.

in the cities - a HUGE percentage of fires are caused by birds picking up the still smouldering butts and putting them in their nests ... which are on the tops of buildings ... you can guess the rest.

smokers get a bad name because a hell of a lot of them dont give a shit for anyone but themselves.. they huddle around the front of buildings at work so the rest of us have to run the gauntlet through that puke before we can get in the door.

then they come inside and exhale that crap into the elevator or wherever.

i would think that all anyone would have to do - is see a long time smokers home .. the place on a wall where a picture was hanging ... the one place in the house not covered with tar - to realize that maybe its not the brightest thing to do - force this shit into your bodys dirt filtration centre ..

but hey .. thats just me ..

and dont tall me 'we all die someday' because coughing up chunks of diseased lung while trying to get up off of your bed in the morning - is not a choice way to die ..

dont take my word for it though .. call my wifes mother and ask her ...


ooops, you cant - she's dead .

FairyKorpes
03-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Some stupid laws from the province i live in Ontario:

-You may not pay for a fifty-cent item with only pennies.

-Citizens may not publicly remove bandages.

-It is illegal to kill a sick person by frightening them.

-It is illegal to pretend to practice witchcraft.

Gawd, how lame.:rolleyes:

ItsAlive75
03-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by FairyKorpes
Some stupid laws from the province i live in Ontario:

-You may not pay for a fifty-cent item with only pennies.

-Citizens may not publicly remove bandages.

-It is illegal to kill a sick person by frightening them.

-It is illegal to pretend to practice witchcraft.

Gawd, how lame.:rolleyes:

I gotta write those down:D

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by FairyKorpes

-It is illegal to kill a sick person by frightening them.

-It is illegal to pretend to practice witchcraft.


What am I going to do on the weekends? meh, I guess I can still spit on children.

Carpe Noctem
03-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by babygirl20
yesterday I got pulled over and got a noise ordinance ticket ($150 not including court cost). They also told me that if it happened again they'd take away my car stereo system. I was just wondering if any other place besides Alabama had stupid laws like noise ordinance laws or any other stupid laws?

I can say that I have never gotten pulled over for having my stereo blasting, but everytime I see a cop, I turn it down a bit just in case.

ItsAlive75
03-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Carpe Noctem
I can say that I have never gotten pulled over for having my stereo blasting, but everytime I see a cop, I turn it down a bit just in case.

I as well.