PDA

View Full Version : The Gate

mudsliptones
11-18-2003, 09:13 AM
man, I bought this movie for 5 euros on dvd, and I was amazed!!
I know, it's pretty childish since the main characters are kids, with the rockets and all....
but the thing that got my attention were the FX, the clay figures are so so cool
I love such movies, I also like computeranimated shit, but this was awesome to

FangoFan
11-18-2003, 10:24 AM
yeah, I remember The Gate.
That's a great movie.
The F/X are great too.
I know there is a Gate 2 but I've never seen it.

avenger00soul
11-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Chubby little Stephen Dorff--Gotta love the Gate.

FreddyFan
11-18-2003, 01:37 PM
I just bought this movie on dvd a couple of days ago. i haven't got around to watching it yet but will soon.

MichaelMyers
11-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Great movie. His sister is hot.

Ritualistic
11-18-2003, 05:26 PM
the gate is an awesome movie.... and the gate II is great too..

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Thought it was pretty cool..havent seen part two..yet.. what was the plot?

downside
11-19-2003, 01:00 PM
A freaky scene I remember from watching this whenI was a kid was when the sister and the brother go into the bedroom and try to wake up the red-headed friend. They both are pushing on him and since he's under the covers, they can't see him. But, we see him roll over under the covers. Suddenly, from behind, the red-headed kid appears and says "what are you guys doing?". the brother and sister look back to the bed that they were pushing on (which is still moving in the background as if someone is under it). They pull back the covers and it's the family dog, dog.

It's freaky because you just get done watcht the bed move as if someone is sleeping in it. Plus, it's not who you expect, like a demon or what not. It's a dead dog.

Ok, thinking about it now isn't as freaky. But still, I'm sure my sheets were soaked when I first saw this.

crazy clown
11-19-2003, 03:49 PM
this movie scared me when i was only knee high.

Sick_As_Fuck
11-19-2003, 08:42 PM
I liked this movie a lot when I was much younger. Scared the crap outta me too. Never knew there was a sequel though.

Nitara
11-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by downside
A freaky scene I remember from watching this whenI was a kid was when the sister and the brother go into the bedroom and try to wake up the red-headed friend. They both are pushing on him and since he's under the covers, they can't see him. But, we see him roll over under the covers. Suddenly, from behind, the red-headed kid appears and says "what are you guys doing?". the brother and sister look back to the bed that they were pushing on (which is still moving in the background as if someone is under it). They pull back the covers and it's the family dog, dog.

It's freaky because you just get done watcht the bed move as if someone is sleeping in it. Plus, it's not who you expect, like a demon or what not. It's a dead dog.

Ok, thinking about it now isn't as freaky. But still, I'm sure my sheets were soaked when I first saw this.

yea, that scene got me too. That and the mirror.
I have that movie on VHS. is it better on DVD?
The 2nd movie was weak. I didn't like it.

crazy clown
11-22-2003, 02:22 PM
i haven't seen the second one.

Satanic~Heaven
12-06-2003, 01:18 PM
great movie,i very liked it...
but the second is better!