03-13-2005, 12:02 AM
who's scared?

AUSTIN316426808
03-13-2005, 12:05 AM
not really, great movie though.

Hate_Breeder
03-13-2005, 10:19 AM
No

He looks like the normal folk that walk around this town so im kind of used to it. :rolleyes:

filmmaker2
03-14-2005, 07:57 AM
When I was little I remember being kind of spooked by the painting on the Aurora model kit box. The painting showed how the head and hands glowed in the dark, and a glowing Phantom was pretty unnerving. I didn't have nightmares over it or anything, but I did stare at it mutely. Such horror in those eyes! I could tell that the Phantom REALLY DIDN'T LIKE being the Phantom...

I have proof that little kids are still scared by the sight of the Chaney Phantom face, though. I have a T-shirt with the Chaney face on it (the big postage stamp painting). I went into this liquor store around Halloween time, and at this particular liquor store there was a kid by the candy section. The little kid pointed and gasped, and gasped again, to get my attention. "What?" I asked.

"Scary!!" the kid said, obviously transfixed by the painting.

"Really?" I said.

"SCARY," the kid confirmed, pointing again.

I walked out of there thinking how nice it was, in this day and age of MTV video games, and computer generated wowies flying towards you at 90 miles an hour, that a simple skull face can still scare a kid.

horror_master
03-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Nope.

filmmaker2
03-15-2005, 05:29 PM
No.

No.

No.

(................Long pause.)

Yes.

barbra
03-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
[B
I have proof that little kids are still scared by the sight of the Chaney Phantom face, though. I have a T-shirt with the Chaney face on it (the big postage stamp painting). I went into this liquor store around Halloween time, and at this particular liquor store there was a kid by the candy section. The little kid pointed and gasped, and gasped again, to get my attention. "What?" I asked.

"Scary!!" the kid said, obviously transfixed by the painting.

"Really?" I said.

"SCARY," the kid confirmed, pointing again.

I walked out of there thinking how nice it was, in this day and age of MTV video games, and computer generated wowies flying towards you at 90 miles an hour, that a simple skull face can still scare a kid. [/B] liqour stores have candy sections there?

filmmaker2
03-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Why, of course they do. A good liquor store has something for everyone, doesn't it?

AUSTIN316426808
03-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
Why, of course they do. A good liquor store has something for everyone, doesn't it?

I've never been in a liquor store but I was always under the assumption that children weren't allowed in them.

filmmaker2
03-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Well, they're "called" liquor stores, because they sell liquor, but typically they have a whole bunch of other stuff, like gum and candy, cigarettes, paper towels, plastic forks, soda, magazines, air freshener, canned meats, ice cream and who knows what else. Like when I was a kid, that's where I would get my bubblegum and comic books. Around Halloween time they typically bring out the vampire fangs and scary nail polish. Moo ha ha ha.

ClassicHorror
03-17-2005, 04:05 AM
Only the first time I saw it, and I was around 8 or 7.

zwoti
03-17-2005, 04:33 AM
a classic horror film

ClassicHorror
03-18-2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
a classic horror film

Yup it sure is. I love that scene where the girl takes the mask off of Erin's face, and reveals the phantom.

iamragmar
04-11-2005, 06:12 AM
Chaney looks fucking awesome in that film.
I must have first saw pictures of him when I was nine or something and I did find him very creepy. I saw the film a few years ago and it did'nt scare me a bit.
I think Chaney in London After Midnight is much scarier as is the original Count Orlock.
It's great how only the silent era horror films still scare people.

slasherman
04-11-2005, 07:58 AM
That guy couldnt even scare a two year old..

crazy raplh
04-20-2005, 08:36 AM
I loved that movie, I have all of cheneys movies as well as Bella Lagosi.

barbra
04-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I've never been in a liquor store but I was always under the assumption that children weren't allowed in them. you live in new orleans!?