PDA

View Full Version : has anyone rented lately

damien
11-18-2003, 08:33 AM
please post your thought 's on what you have rented lately.

mudsliptones
11-18-2003, 09:02 AM
haven't rented any movies lately , not since I bought a DVD player
instead of renting movies, I bought them lol

avenger00soul
11-18-2003, 11:23 AM
The last flicks I rented were Willard and The Hulk. I enjoyed Willard but don't get me started on Hulk...hulk of crap.

damien
11-18-2003, 11:24 AM
that's for sure, even the story was.........boring too damn slow.

damien
11-18-2003, 11:25 AM
i just rented return of the living dead 2 ive seen 1 and 3 but never seen this one is it any good? im gonna watch it later.

avenger00soul
11-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by damien
i just rented return of the living dead 2 ive seen 1 and 3 but never seen this one is it any good? im gonna watch it later.

That one is a fan splitter. I'm going to say I love it. You can chew my head off later if you don't like it.:D It's more along the lines of the first film than the third though.

FangoFan
11-18-2003, 04:52 PM
My most recent rentals

I rented 3 a week ago

The Transporter , an awesome action flick
Wishmaster 2
& Willard

avenger00soul
11-18-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by FangoFan
My most recent rentals

I rented 3 a week ago

The Transporter , an awesome action flick
Wishmaster 2
& Willard

Yeah, the Transporter was a good action flick. Of course, anything with Stathem in it is cool in my book.

_Leatha_Face_
11-18-2003, 06:15 PM
i rented willard last night and i thought it was horrible jus didnt do it for me

Ritualistic
11-18-2003, 06:15 PM
I rented "find nemo" the other day.. funny as shit..

hmm lets see i also rented T3 and some movie called snake island... man the snakes in this movie were funny....

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-18-2003, 06:16 PM
I havent rented anything lately..but I wanted to throw in my thoughts of the Transporter...LOVED IT..I want his house(prior to the "accident") too cool.

ShamSham04
11-19-2003, 05:33 AM
I rented Candyman two days ago. I haven't seen it in a while.

damien
11-19-2003, 08:34 AM
i didn't care for return of the living dead 2 too much. the first time i had seen the willard trailer i just laughed it looked dumb.

roguesblight
11-19-2003, 09:03 AM
Wrong Turn, Star Trek Nemesis, T3, May (finally saw it avenger), Scarecrow Slayer(heard about it here), Hulk(3 times since it came out, I personally loved it, but yes the story was lacking but the Hulk was more like the comic than the old tv series, he totally smashes everything and can do his giant leaps), Legally Blonde 2, Willard(first was better than this one), Signs, Anger Management, Fox's cartoon Anastasia (i own it but it's in storage and i just wanted to see it again), Matrix Reloaded(2 times), there's been many more in the last 45 days or so, but this has been in the last 2 weeks.

avenger00soul
11-19-2003, 09:05 AM
What did you think about May and the new Star Trek Roguesblight?

roguesblight
11-19-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
What did you think about May and the new Star Trek Roguesblight?
May was definately different. I know that girl from something, what else is she from? It wasn't scary, I agree, but I did like it. Kinda left open wouldn't ya say?

Star Trek? I cried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you seen it? If so then ya know what made a cry baby Trekker cry. I'm a very emotional girl, and I grow attatched to characters. Hell, not just characters... I rewatched the Crow the other day and bawled like a baby at the end and again when I watched Brandon's interview after the movie.:( :(

avenger00soul
11-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by roguesblight
May was definately different. I know that girl from something, what else is she from? It wasn't scary, I agree, but I did like it. Kinda left open wouldn't ya say?

Star Trek? I cried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you seen it? If so then ya know what made a cry baby Trekker cry. I'm a very emotional girl, and I grow attatched to characters. Hell, not just characters... I rewatched the Crow the other day and bawled like a baby at the end and again when I watched Brandon's interview after the movie.:( :(

Yeah, I liked the new Trek film (even though it reminded me of Wrath of Khan more than a little). I thought the ending was sad too b/c I am attached to a certain character as well. But they did leave it open for him to return...kinda.

AUSTIN316426808
11-19-2003, 12:50 PM
LAST COUPLE OF MOVIES I'VE RENTED WERE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT,EXORCIST,AMITYVILLE,AND THE EVIL DEAD TRILOGY.

ME AND A FEW FRIENDS WENT TO BLOCKBUSTER RENTED THESE HORROR CLASSICS WENT TO THE STORE PICKED UP SOME SNACKS AND STAYED UP ALL NIGHT WATCHING 'EM.

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT IS A VERY DISTURBING MOVIE THAT REALLY CREEPS ME OUT.

THE EXORCIST THE SAME IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING.

AMITYVILLE WAS NOT ONE OF MY CHOICES TO RENT DON'T GET ME WRONG I LIKE IT BUT I ALSO THINK THAT THE STORY GOES TO SLOW FOR YOU TO GET ANY SUSPENSE OR SCARINESS OUT OF IT.

AND AS FOR EVIL DEAD WELL THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY.

_Leatha_Face_
11-20-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
LAST COUPLE OF MOVIES I'VE RENTED WERE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT,EXORCIST,AMITYVILLE,AND THE EVIL DEAD TRILOGY.

ME AND A FEW FRIENDS WENT TO BLOCKBUSTER RENTED THESE HORROR CLASSICS WENT TO THE STORE PICKED UP SOME SNACKS AND STAYED UP ALL NIGHT WATCHING 'EM.

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT IS A VERY DISTURBING MOVIE THAT REALLY CREEPS ME OUT.

THE EXORCIST THE SAME IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING.

AMITYVILLE WAS NOT ONE OF MY CHOICES TO RENT DON'T GET ME WRONG I LIKE IT BUT I ALSO THINK THAT THE STORY GOES TO SLOW FOR YOU TO GET ANY SUSPENSE OR SCARINESS OUT OF IT.

AND AS FOR EVIL DEAD WELL THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY. what iz house of the left about? plz no spoilers

hypes057
11-20-2003, 05:35 AM
first of all, the transporter sucked ass.
2nd of all, Willard sucked ass. I dont know how people could like that movie. it was terrible.

The last 3 weeks I rented:

1. Wrong Turn (pretty damn good, especially since I knew nothing about it before I rented it)
2. T3 (what a piece of crap that was. major disappointment)

Waitin for Pirates of the Carribean and X-2 to come out......

hypes057
11-20-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by roguesblight
Wrong Turn, Star Trek Nemesis, T3, May (finally saw it avenger), Scarecrow Slayer(heard about it here), Hulk(3 times since it came out, I personally loved it, but yes the story was lacking but the Hulk was more like the comic than the old tv series, he totally smashes everything and can do his giant leaps), Legally Blonde 2, Willard(first was better than this one), Signs, Anger Management, Fox's cartoon Anastasia (i own it but it's in storage and i just wanted to see it again), Matrix Reloaded(2 times), there's been many more in the last 45 days or so, but this has been in the last 2 weeks.

damn yo, u must have a sick amount of time on your hands........I have trouble watchin 3 movies a week........

Maybe thats becuase of skool and playin my PC after, but i rarely have time for a 2 hr movie.

The Hulk was a good movie, a lil slow at first, but after he changes, its all action. I loved that dog fight scene.....shit gave me goosebumps (im an aspiring 3D animator) and i was all high n shit, and, :eek: dammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:p

hypes057
11-20-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by _Leatha_Face_
what iz house of the left about? plz no spoilers

yeah, i wanna know to....what is it about? is it some cheeze horror flick done in the 50's or is it worth it?

anyone seen The Eye? It got a good review @ ign.com, but i dont know if i can make it through the whole movie of subtitles (with another language in the background)

mudsliptones
11-20-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by _Leatha_Face_
what iz house of the left about? plz no spoilers

it's a movie by wes craven , before he did nightmare

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1458

AUSTIN316426808
11-20-2003, 07:56 AM
MUDSLIPTONES DISCRIBES IT WELL AT THE POST REPLY TO ANOTHER THREAD WHICH HE PLACED IN HIS POST CHECK IT OUT.

THE MOVIE IS JUST PLAIN FUCKING SICK.

MichaelMyers
11-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Debbie Does Dallas.

Killer Clown#1
11-20-2003, 09:49 AM
The last movies I rented were Terminator 3(damn good), tomb raider2(peice of shit), willard(:) ) and wrong turn(:rolleyes: )

mudsliptones
11-20-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Debbie Does Dallas.

lol, that one sucked
there are so much better movies of that genre

AUSTIN316426808
11-20-2003, 09:51 AM
I THOUGHT TERMINATOR WAS GREAT I MEAN AFTER THE FIRST HALF HOUR IT'S JUST NON STOP ACTION.

AND THE TX IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODAMN FINE.

mudsliptones
11-20-2003, 09:53 AM
yeah t3 ruled
I loved kristanna in the role of female terminator
I always thought damn, it's gonna suck, I mean, after robert patrick.....
but she did an excelent job, the magnetic scene was awesome

hypes057
11-20-2003, 10:40 AM
the hot chick (which, yeah, shes hot as fuck) does not make up for the fact that T3 sucked ass and was a major disappointment

AUSTIN316426808
11-20-2003, 10:42 AM
I'M NOT TRYING TO START A ARGUMENT I'M JUST ASKING A QUESTION.

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU LIKE BESIDES HELLRAISER?

hypes057
11-20-2003, 11:08 AM
i liked t1 and 2
3 was disappointing

i like

in the mouth of madness
the thing
se7en
the faculty
invasion of the body snatchers
tcm (both the orig and re)
alien, aliens
predator
phantoms
most nightmares (excluiding no 2. that shit sucked)
phantasm i & ii
jason x
candyman
wrong turn
joyride
anime including:
ghost in the shell
wicked city
jubei's revenge
record of lodoss
blood
both vampire hunter d

and theres alot of other flicks i loved, i just cant name them all.

im always open for debate, argument free. i dont care if people dont agree with me, but i can take critisim. if u or anyone want to debate somethin with me, thats str8 up aight w/ me. i love to hear others views on shit, sometimes, i even change mine if certain points can be proved. but it works both ways......