PDA

View Full Version : *UP* all night

barbra
03-10-2005, 10:14 PM
do you think people have become too pc for icons like elvira or the usa's *UP* all night? is the market really that small?

Vodstok
03-11-2005, 03:59 AM
No, not too pc. The area of interest has shifted. I used to watch that because i love cheesy movies, especially late at night. Oh, and i cant stay away from a channel with a woman squeezing herself into clothes like Rhonda did. i also used to get a kick out of the sex line commercials they would show starting around 10 oclock.

I also miss Monstervision on TNT. Where else could you get the reaaly "so bad they are good" movies from the 50s to the 80s every friday? And joe bob briggs was a riot when he finally started hosting it...

It was MST3K without the commentary.

barbra
03-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
No, not too pc. The area of interest has shifted. I used to watch that because i love cheesy movies, especially late at night. Oh, and i cant stay away from a channel with a woman squeezing herself into clothes like Rhonda did. i also used to get a kick out of the sex line commercials they would show starting around 10 oclock.

I also miss Monstervision on TNT. Where else could you get the reaaly "so bad they are good" movies from the 50s to the 80s every friday? And joe bob briggs was a riot when he finally started hosting it...

It was MST3K without the commentary. they still have the sex line commercials starting at around ten. do you think horror.com should have a contest for a new horror vixen?

Sedated_replica
03-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by barbra
do you think people have become too pc for icons like elvira or the usa's *UP* all night? is the market really that small?

I loved USA Up All night. It rocked. Do you rememeber Joe Bob somethings show?

barbra
03-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
I loved USA Up All night. It rocked. Do you rememeber Joe Bob somethings show? joe bob briggs... read vodstok's post

Sedated_replica
03-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by barbra
joe bob briggs... read vodstok's post

Damn... [Tear] :(

MichaelMyers
03-16-2005, 11:48 AM
It jumped the shark when Gilbert Godfreed started hosting.

crazy raplh
03-28-2005, 06:13 PM
I miss up all night that was where I was introduced to Motel hell

crazy raplh
03-28-2005, 07:06 PM
does anyone remenber the Mr America guy on USA network back in the early 80's he wore a cape and a mask. it was like in 83' or 84'. that was were I was introduced to friday the 13th. when I was 6, and watching it eversince.

Palmer
03-29-2005, 06:27 PM
I remember usa cartoon express.....

barbra
03-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by crazy raplh
does anyone remenber the Mr America guy on USA network back in the early 80's he wore a cape and a mask. it was like in 83' or 84'. that was were I was introduced to friday the 13th. when I was 6, and watching it eversince. I was one/two... but I remeber the nightmare on elm street television show..

cartoon express was cool. what was that one cartoon about ghouls, vampires, wolfmen in school or all living under one roof. There was a mummy and a mad scientist too.