PDA

View Full Version : NIN anyone?

Arioch
11-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Anyone like Nine Inch Nails anymore? I know they're alittle "mainstream" for you guys that don't like anyone signed to a major label, but theyr still my biggest influence and Downward Spiral is still my favorite album of all time.
Any other fans out there?

nightbreed
11-18-2003, 12:14 AM
broken and downward spiral. great albums. i picked up the live cd the other day. it fucking rules.

Arioch
11-18-2003, 12:45 AM
Yeah ill always love ds and broken, isnt the live cd just an audio mix of the new dvd? Have you seen that yet? Fucking Amazing. It really amazes me that its been almost 15 years since trents debut album and hes still doing his own thing. Not selling out, not changing his music, i didnt like the fragile initially but when i listened to the whole thing it really does rock, just in a different way. Trent trully knows how to lay it down. Glad to see theres one other fan out there......while the board is full of people defending ICP:rolleyes: and people wonder why the music industry is suffering lol

nightbreed
11-18-2003, 08:49 AM
i think its just the music from the dvd. i havent seen it yet. the music is dope as hell though. persoanlly i thought the fragile sucked. there are a few good tracks but overall i just couldnt get into the whole vibe of it. supposedly trent is teaming up with maynard from tool on a project called "tapeworm". should be interesting.

Arioch
11-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Oh man tapeworm was what trent was workin on during the big break between Downward and Fragile, i have a couple of tracks downloaded its pretty crazy, but they never released anything. Are you saying they're back in the studio trying again? I hope so that would be badass. It really is a shame we never got a whole album. You can download some of theyre shit on a filesharing program tho. Its pretty kickass

avenger00soul
11-18-2003, 02:26 PM
I'm not a fan of NIN but I think they have some great songs. They are kind of like Alice in Chains to me. They are a great band but I never had to buy one of their CD's cuz they still get a ton of airplay. Does that make sense? I'm not comparing them musically.

My favorite song of theirs has to be the Perfect Drug. I love that song and video. I love the whole Lost Highway soundtrack though.

Arioch
11-18-2003, 03:27 PM
I'm not a fan of NIN but I think they have some great songs. They are kind of like Alice in Chains to me. They are a great band but I never had to buy one of their CD's cuz they still get a ton of airplay. Does that make sense? I'm not comparing them musically.

True they do get alot of airplay but definatly my favorite songs of both bands will never get played on the radio. Just the hits ya know, i know what you mean tho. Played out before you even get the chance to listen to them.

My favorite song of theirs has to be the Perfect Drug. I love that song and video. I love the whole Lost Highway soundtrack though.

Ya this album(and movie) are really fucking good. I love the last portion of that song where it slows down. Fucking awsome.

FangoFan
11-18-2003, 11:20 PM
I like nin but I still am in love with the Broken LP.

Wish fuckin' is awesome

Arioch
11-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Ya wish does rock. One of my personal favorite, along with ruiner, hurt, and Eraser!

dmihatmttl
11-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Love NIN. I like all their albums, but IMO PRETTYHATEMACHINE is one of the greatest albums ever made. It encompasses every human emotion -- rage, anger, sadness, fear . . . .

A masterpiece.

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

Arioch
11-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Love NIN. I like all their albums, but IMO PRETTYHATEMACHINE is one of the greatest albums ever made. It encompasses every human emotion -- rage, anger, sadness, fear . . . .

I totally agree.And it came out in 89:eek: before nirvana changed everything. This album doesnt get near the credit it deserves.

I have to admit i can identify with downward spiral more tho

coldwhisper
12-08-2003, 10:30 PM
you are the perfect drug, the perfect drug the perfect drug!!!!

GOOD song, damn goo album too.. wait a minute, where are they now?

VampRocker
12-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Yeah, what are those guys up to? Last I heard, and it was awhile ago, so I'm sure it's completely out of date, was that Trent Reznor was working on some music for video games...or something like that...

"Downward Spiral" is excellent...

Arioch
12-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Yeah, what are those guys up to? Last I heard, and it was awhile ago, so I'm sure it's completely out of date, was that Trent Reznor was working on some music for video games...or something like that...

LOL man that was Quake and that was a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago, it was a cool soundtrack tho.

They put out an album since then "the fragile" its a double cd and pretty good. its got some really killer heavy songs and alot of well orchistrated down tempo stuff. They also did an all-digital live DVD thats fucking AMAZING. you should check it out.

Arioch
12-08-2003, 11:12 PM
GOOD song, damn goo album too.. wait a minute, where are they now?

Oh they are doin pretty well now, theyve got alot of good recent stuff out and its pretty amazing considering Trent made Pretty Hate Machine in 89:eek: :eek: even before nirvana was around. They still havent sold out, they keep doing exactly whatever the hell they want to and i really respect them for that.

VampRocker
12-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
LOL man that was Quake and that was a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago, it was a cool soundtrack tho.

They put out an album since then "the fragile" its a double cd and pretty good. its got some really killer heavy songs and alot of well orchistrated down tempo stuff. They also did an all-digital live DVD thats fucking AMAZING. you should check it out.

Bwaha! "Quake"...it was on the tip of my tongue, I swear...

I read that Trent Reznor had trouble putting together music for the game because he was too caught up in playing the game...

Arioch
12-09-2003, 02:00 AM
I read that Trent Reznor had trouble putting together music for the game because he was too caught up in playing the game

LMAO i can see that. that is SOOOOOOOOOOO funny. Hes doing doom 3 as well, my brother just informed me.

VampRocker
12-09-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
LMAO i can see that. that is SOOOOOOOOOOO funny. Hes doing doom 3 as well, my brother just informed me.

Okay, yeah, wow, Doom 3? Orchestrated by Trent Reznor? Coolest news of the night, ladies and gentleman...

damien
12-09-2003, 08:13 AM
i did a double take when i seen this thread i thought it said nim. as in the new band formerly known as mr underhill. chek em out it's called nim vind. i would post a link to some of there songs but mp3.com is not available anymore. so keep your watch out for this release including bobby's calabres at www.antidoterecords.net

VampRocker
12-09-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by damien
i did a double take when i seen this thread i thought it said nim. as in the new band formerly known as mr underhill. chek em out it's called nim vind. i would post a link to some of there songs but mp3.com is not available anymore. so keep your watch out for this release including bobby's calabrese at www.antidoterecords.net

Bwaha! Yeah, whenever I see "NIN" I think of Nim, too, who's a killer act on Antidote Records which I suggest everyone check out! The band "HIM" also causes double takes, as well...

Yup...

Hannibelle
12-10-2003, 10:26 PM
NIN rocks