PDA

View Full Version : What was this show??

pduck
03-06-2005, 05:11 PM
I am trying to identify an episode of a show from I believe the '60's or early '70's - a "Night Gallery" or "Twilight Zone" TYPE show tho I don't beielve it was either of them. It has been driving me crazy.

It began with a wager being made in a men's club, a younger man betting an older man that he couldn't spend one night in a certain house.

Of course the bet is made (or no tv show) and the man goes to the house in question. As he starts wandering around, he keeps seeing a large slime trail throughout the house, not unlike that which a giant slug would make. Wierd things keep happening, I dont remember specifics, until he happens upon a mannequin sitting at a player piano. Suddenly fire shoots from the mannequin's hands.

At this point the younger man's voice comes over an intercom and explains to the older man that the younger man's father had been a concert pianist before WWII but was tortured by having his hands doused with gas and set on fire. The younger man made it his mission to hunt down the man who ruined his father and exact revenge. Guess Who?

The slime trail? The younger man had come up with some sort of injection which he claimed would desolve bones and litterally turn a person into a human slug. The older man checks his arm and sure enough, a hole from a recent injection. I believe at this point he starts feeling, well, sluggish. The voice over the intercom points out the loaded revolver conveniently left so that the older man could take the quick way out, which he does.

Fade to black.

There are many gaps in my recollection. Sorry. Again, I am thinking late '60's or very early '70's. I dont even remember if it's black and
white or color. It definitely was an episode from an anthology series. Please help -- I need my sleep.

Hate_Breeder
03-06-2005, 09:41 PM
George Clooney
http://www.djfl.de/entertainment/stars/g/george_clooney_neu.jpg

DraculaInDallas
03-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Night Gallery, Season 1 episode 12..." A Question Of Fear"