PDA

View Full Version : Just bought these 3 movies and can't wait to get them!

BH14
03-05-2005, 08:58 PM
I just bought 3 movies and can't wait to get them. "Battle Royale", "Session 9" and "Cube"..... I saw the rave reviews that Battle Royale got... Seems like Survivor for kids. What do you think of these movies? I dont think I'll be disappointed.

Angra
03-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by BH14
I just bought 3 movies and can't wait to get them. "Battle Royale", "Session 9" and "Cube"..... I saw the rave reviews that Battle Royale got... Seems like Survivor for kids. What do you think of these movies? I dont think I'll be disappointed.

I can only say one thing.... ENJOY!!!:D

Wasn´t that much into Battle royale, but it sure sounds like you´ll like it.

The two others are not big budgets, but good movies.

The Cube is very original, & Session 9 is very atmospheric and well acted.

Sedated_replica
03-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Great movies. You lucky assface

ItsAlive75
03-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
Great movies. You lucky assface

hahaha

assface

BH14
03-08-2005, 08:45 PM
SPOILER*** Cube
Just finished Cube. Enjoyable yet weird... I was left with so many questions which I guess can only be answered with the other cube movies. Can anyone do the math problems?? I couldnt. Traps were cool but little bit overdone with the same old wires. Plot was good.. I would give it a 7.5/10, only because I am left with so many questions.

Elvis_Christ
03-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Wait till Cube 2. Then you'll know the true feeling of "What the fuck is going on?"

ownaGe
03-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Ive seen 'Cube', i thought it was weird..

Battle Royale on the other hand is a fucking hillarious movie which u should watch, it is enjoyable :D

The Mothman
03-09-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by BH14
I would give it a 7.5/10, only because I am left with so many questions.

dude see Cube 0, a prequel to cube.

movieman64
03-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Session 9 is one of my favorites, the tunnel scenes are great. I really liked all the Cube series, just watched Cube Zero or 3 and it explains a lot.

BH14
03-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Just finished Session 9... This movie was very good. Great plot... especially since I thought it was gonna be about something else. Great thriller... Wish more movies can use some of these scare tactics. I was little bit confused afterwards but I went to their forum and it answered some questions. I will still have to re-watch it and pick up more of the little clues.
I found it much better than Cube....I would give this movie a 9/10.

movieman64
03-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Watch the Director's commentary for Session 9. It explains a lot of the story in more detail. The guy sitting in the room with the interview tapes...whew...when the split personalities start coming out, the creep factor really went up.

You also have to love the location.

BH14
03-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Great location.... I think the creepiest place is an insane asylum.

Hate_Breeder
03-09-2005, 07:11 PM
I never really liked Session 9

movieman64
03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Not a David Caruso fan?

Hate_Breeder
03-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by movieman64
Not a David Caruso fan?

No i just didnt like the way it was executed. Maybe if it showed the guy killing everyone maybe.......i dont know, maybe i just need to watch it again...

movieman64
03-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
No i just didnt like the way it was executed. Maybe if it showed the guy killing everyone maybe.......i dont know, maybe i just need to watch it again...

For me that is part of its appeal. Implied violence allows one to live vicariously through the killer. It can give you the raw materials, the scene, the subject, maybe even the weapon or killer themselves, but it casts doubt or speculation on what actually happened, allowing you to make it happen.

At the end, it did show the identity of the killer, the progression of murders, their methods, and a hint of the motivation. What caused the killers descent into madness? Was it the incident with his wife and child, the Asylum and it’s spiritual or demonic residents, or a combination of both?

Jason Hodder
03-10-2005, 06:02 AM
I loved Session 9. I read about it in Fangoria's book, 101 Movies You've Never Seen. It was certainly creepy.

I have Cube 2 but never saw Cube. I plan on picking up Cube and Cube 0 within the next couple of weeks.

There is a kiosk at the mall by me that sells Asian cinema movies. I was going to buy Battle but got Oldboy instead. Battle and Battle 2 are the next ones on my list to get from him.

I am looking forward to finishing the Cube series and starting the Battle series.

Hate_Breeder
03-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by movieman64
For me that is part of its appeal. Implied violence allows one to live vicariously through the killer. It can give you the raw materials, the scene, the subject, maybe even the weapon or killer themselves, but it casts doubt or speculation on what actually happened, allowing you to make it happen.

At the end, it did show the identity of the killer, the progression of murders, their methods, and a hint of the motivation. What caused the killers descent into madness? Was it the incident with his wife and child, the Asylum and it’s spiritual or demonic residents, or a combination of both?

Yeah i guess your right. I guess i was just ignorant when i watched it......plus i watched it with my mom :rolleyes:

movieman64
03-11-2005, 03:36 AM
HB your not an ignorant person. But I'd rather be ignorant then stupid any day.