PDA

View Full Version : Pro Animal, Contra Human

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-03-2005, 07:50 AM
This stuff really bugs me, I just saw one of these people on the news again... I'm sick of hearing how humans are a scourge to the earth, a cancer that is destroying thousands of species and stripping natural resources... Destroying the air, the soil, and the sea with pollution.

They just get off talking about how bad over population is and then, BAM, Mother Nature steps in with a natural disaster. AIDS strikes Africa and millions die. Earthquakes rock China and millions die. Tsunamis drown Southeast Asia and millions die. So, the nature-lovers, by all reasoning, ought to stand up and say, "See? The earth sends the worst disasters to the areas of highest population. Isn't it wonderful how nature keeps these pesky humans in check?" But they don't. They're usually the first to step forward and say how horrible it is that all these people are dying - right after they spoke out to say how bad the overpopulation is. No matter how blind you are, you can still have human empathy.

I think that some people become so obsessed with logic that human empathy is lost. The ability to feel and understand the pain of another is what makes us human, what makes us social animals at all. If you say that an entire nation of people should die because they're destroying nature ... don't forget that that is a nation of individual, each with their own story, each with people they love and people who love them, each with the same right to live as you. If you genuinely believe that humans should die, then start with yourself. Infact, I'll give you the razorblade and cheer you on. If you can't do that, then there's no reason anyone else should.

We're just one more animal race trying to survive. You say we destroy our surroundings to build cities? So do termites, on a scale grander than anything humans have built. You say we've caused the extinction of species? So did the dinosaurs - had they not been wiped out, mammals never would have gotten bigger than little Purgatorium, the tree shrew. Don't inflate your opinion of yourself so much to think that, on the grand scheme of things as measure in hundreds of million years, that the human race can do any real damage.

What are your thoughts on this?

newb
03-03-2005, 08:08 AM
So Md........just what do you do for a living, suicide prevention hot-line?

allmykids
03-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by newb

LMAO, I'm sorry MD. I'm not laughing at you, But that was funny!!

ShankS
03-03-2005, 08:49 AM

no ..... the Suicide Hotline.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-03-2005, 09:24 AM

Only one afternoon a week, I don't get payed though.

urgeok
03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
This stuff really bugs me, I just saw one of these people on the news again... I'm sick of hearing how humans are a scourge to the earth, a cancer that is destroying thousands of species and stripping natural resources... Destroying the air, the soil, and the sea with pollution.

They just get off talking about how bad over population is and then, BAM, Mother Nature steps in with a natural disaster. AIDS strikes Africa and millions die. Earthquakes rock China and millions die. Tsunamis drown Southeast Asia and millions die. So, the nature-lovers, by all reasoning, ought to stand up and say, "See? The earth sends the worst disasters to the areas of highest population. Isn't it wonderful how nature keeps these pesky humans in check?" But they don't. They're usually the first to step forward and say how horrible it is that all these people are dying - right after they spoke out to say how bad the overpopulation is. No matter how blind you are, you can still have human empathy.

I think that some people become so obsessed with logic that human empathy is lost. The ability to feel and understand the pain of another is what makes us human, what makes us social animals at all. If you say that an entire nation of people should die because they're destroying nature ... don't forget that that is a nation of individual, each with their own story, each with people they love and people who love them, each with the same right to live as you. If you genuinely believe that humans should die, then start with yourself. Infact, I'll give you the razorblade and cheer you on. If you can't do that, then there's no reason anyone else should.

We're just one more animal race trying to survive. You say we destroy our surroundings to build cities? So do termites, on a scale grander than anything humans have built. You say we've caused the extinction of species? So did the dinosaurs - had they not been wiped out, mammals never would have gotten bigger than little Purgatorium, the tree shrew. Don't inflate your opinion of yourself so much to think that, on the grand scheme of things as measure in hundreds of million years, that the human race can do any real damage.

What are your thoughts on this?

Humans - especially since the industrial revolution - have only been on this planet for a few brief seconds - relatively speaking.
in that time they have done an insane amount of damage ..
And things are getting worse as we use up the natural resources ..and yes, wipe out countless thousands of spiecies of plant and animal life each year.

Humans are a plague of locusts. We always want more than we need, we consume consume consume, only a small handful of the population have any concern for the environment, and they're pulling their hair out because THEY have the FACTS and know exactly what the long term effects are that we're having on our home.

Most people think 'yes thats a shame, but I'll be dead by the time there is a problem'

The world is in big fucking trouble folks.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
Humans - especially since the industrial revolution - have only been on this planet for a few brief seconds - relatively speaking.
in that time they have done an insane amount of damage ..
And things are getting worse as we use up the natural resources ..and yes, wipe out countless thousands of spiecies of plant and animal life each year.

Humans are a plague of locusts. We always want more than we need, we consume consume consume, only a small handful of the population have any concern for the environment, and they're pulling their hair out because THEY have the FACTS and know exactly what the long term effects are that we're having on our home.

Most people think 'yes thats a shame, but I'll be dead by the time there is a problem'

The world is in big fucking trouble folks.

I'm all for a solution.

urgeok
03-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
I'm all for a solution.

an astroid ... hitting the earth ..
a couple generations of ice age should set the clock back.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-03-2005, 09:55 AM
an astroid ... hitting the earth ..
a couple generations of ice age should set the clock back.

:mad: lol

urgeok
03-03-2005, 10:03 AM
we cant do anything ...

humans are like a doomsday machine .. wound up and set running with no off button.

Everything we do to progress - ensures our eventual demise.
We live longer ... we want cooler toys ...

The only thing thats slowed down the process is that some parts of the world are having fewer kids but the population is still growing like crazy.

I think there are short term patches that can be applied - if anyone bothers .. pollution controll, etc .. but that just barely slows things down.

And its all fueled by greed. You dont think we'd have clean energy by now if the oil companies didnt own the planet ?

I say we either start colonizing mars, or we go the logans run route and start popping everyone over s certain age ... maybe as a retirement present.

A gold watch, and a silver bullet.

newb
03-03-2005, 10:05 AM
we cant do anything ...

I say we either start colonizing mars, or we go the logans run route and start popping everyone over s certain age ... maybe as a retirement present.

A gold watch, and a silver bullet.

I really think you should re-think this one.

urgeok
03-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I really think you should re-think this one.

why, i'm only 21 :D

Sedated_replica
03-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Fuck People and fuck animals.

Honestly people only wanna save the cute animals.

This whole plant will be destroyed in 200 years.

ItsAlive75
03-03-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm gettin' kinda tired of this "human conquest" destroying everything we see sorta thing. That's the easy answer, everybody says that.

There's folks out there trying to help, and there's folks out there trying to hurt. The whole world doesn't suck, contrary to what a lot of people think.

Sedated_replica
03-03-2005, 02:29 PM
No the world is fucked...

Easy Answer or not.. its the truth.

ItsAlive75
03-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
No the world is fucked...

Easy Answer or not.. its the truth.

No, America is fucked, I'll give you that.

The world aint fucked.

The_Return
03-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Fuck People and fuck animals.

Honestly people only wanna save the cute animals.

This whole plant will be destroyed in 200 years.

200 Years? THAT is optimisim!

Im betting that within 50-75 years, we'll have ourselves fucked over. Some way or another, I know that oblivion for Earth will be in my lifetime...

Sedated_replica
03-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
200 Years? THAT is optimisim!

Im betting that within 50-75 years, we'll have ourselves fucked over. Some way or another, I know that oblivion for Earth will be in my lifetime...

You know me mr. Positive :D

I think in 75 we will be fucked but we'll last for another 200.

And than we'll start eating each other.

ItsAlive75
03-03-2005, 02:40 PM
And than we'll start eating each other.

Dude, don't we do that already in some parts of the world?

urgeok
03-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
I'm gettin' kinda tired of this "human conquest" destroying everything we see sorta thing. That's the easy answer, everybody says that.

There's folks out there trying to help, and there's folks out there trying to hurt. The whole world doesn't suck, contrary to what a lot of people think.

so what kind of frames do you have on those rose coloured glasses ?

the earth has been here billions of years ..
we are destroying it - how in christ can anyone in their right mind deny this ?

Sedated_replica
03-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Stabborn? Denial?

ItsAlive75
03-03-2005, 02:43 PM
so what kind of frames do you have on those rose coloured glasses ?

the earth has been here billions of years ..
we are destroying it - how in christ can anyone in their right mind deny this ?

I can do it. I'm doing it right now.

urgeok
03-03-2005, 02:46 PM
I can do it. I'm doing it right now.

we have limited resources.
we are killing the oceans
we are cutting down the rainforests
we are throwing filth into the air

i'm no greenpeace treehugger but it's pretty fucking hard to ignore the truth.

where do you get your information ???

ItsAlive75
03-03-2005, 02:52 PM
we have limited resources.
we are killing the oceans
we are cutting down the rainforests
we are throwing filth into the air

i'm no greenpeace treehugger but it's pretty fucking hard to ignore the truth.

where do you get your information ???

callin' me a "greenpeace treehugger"?

What does throwing filth into the air mean?

Sedated_replica
03-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Don't you think even if we all start right now, we willl still be fucked?

We can't change our future is written for us

urgeok
03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
callin' me a "greenpeace treehugger"?

no ...

What does throwing filth into the air mean?

air pollution ......
unnatural, not found in nature, cancer causing, lake killing air pollution.

ItsAlive75
03-03-2005, 02:55 PM
air pollution ......
unnatural, not found in nature, cancer causing, lake killing air pollution.

For a minute, I honestly just pictured a bunch of people throwing garbage up into the air.

Sedated_replica
03-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Cancer tastes like Chicken...

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-03-2005, 02:57 PM

maybe if you don't cook it right.

ItsAlive75
03-03-2005, 02:57 PM

That's not fair though, EVERYTHING tastes like chicken. So....that could mean everything tastes like cancer...

God Becky, this red bean stew tastes like cancer!

urgeok
03-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Don't you think even if we all start right now, we willl still be fucked?

We can't change our future is written for us

i think the one hope would be to allow clean power to be developed (solar, wind ..etc) to its fullest potential.

but as i said ,,, the oil companies rule the frigging planet and they dont want this to happen.

and there is the regular corporate greed .. companies who find it too expensive to properly reduce/dispose of their waste and filter their chimneys.

Sedated_replica
03-03-2005, 03:07 PM
i think the one hope would be to allow clean power to be developed (solar, wind ..etc) to its fullest potential.

but as i said ,,, the oil companies rule the frigging planet and they dont want this to happen.

and there is the regular corporate greed .. companies who find it too expensive to properly reduce/dispose of their waste and filter their chimneys.

Agreed. Least in Canada most people are aware. Here there is nothing but ignorant retards.

We have laws against monopoly's but its all bullshit. only five corporations control all the media, music, radio. Some "Free Entrepise" we have :rolleyes:

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-03-2005, 03:19 PM

very true.