PDA

View Full Version : Pranks - gotta love them

urgeok
03-03-2005, 07:24 AM
just saw a post in the movie forum (Black Christmas) that made me think of something ..

My ex wife's parents were from England (dad) and Scotland (mom)

Her dad was a very mild mannered well kept older gentleman ... which is how anyone would describe him .. a real gentleman ..
but he had a wicked sense of humor he usually kept well hidden .. and he liked horror movies which was cool, because my wife didnt back then ..

At one time they lived in Holland and when they were there they watched on tv "Dont Look Now' a thriller taking place in Venice staring Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland .. made kind of famous at the time for a sex scene which was a bit graphic for back in the day

*** Spoiler Alert ****

For those of you who have seen this, you know there is a slasher killing people and at the scene of the crime there was always this little kid in a raincoat with the hood up leaving ....
Sutherland gets involved and the last scene is him catching up to the little kid after a murder, only to have the kid turn around and ....its a bearded dwarf - with a knife .. and he slashes sutherlands throat.

needless to say ... the girls were scared shitless by this ..

so late that night .. her dad puts on a raincoat with the hood up and sneaks into her roon while she's sleeping - on his knees ...

scared the living shit out of her ..

I hear this and thing - damn, i wish i could have thought of that !

Anyone here ever pull a good one like that - or been the victim ?

newb
03-03-2005, 08:05 AM
My dad had a kind of a dry wit. He also was a cop, so there were guns in the house.
One day my brother and I came home from school ,we were in our early teens, and my father came into the kitchen aparently fuming over something the dog did.He took out a gun and shot the dog, unbeknowst to me or my brother, the gun fired blanks.He thought it was pretty funny and I don't think it traumatized us. but I can't say the same about the dog.

urgeok
03-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by newb
My dad had a kind of a dry wit. He also was a cop, so there were guns in the house.
One day my brother and I came home from school ,we were in our early teens, and my father came into the kitchen aparently fuming over something the dog did.He took out a gun and shot the dog, unbeknowst to me or my brother, the gun fired blanks.He thought it was pretty funny and I don't think it traumatized us. but I can't say the same about the dog.

weeeellllllllll thats a nice story ..

i see where you get your balance from :D

ItsAlive75
03-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by newb

I wanna drink with your dad.

The STE
03-04-2005, 01:46 PM
one night when I was somewhere between 4 and 6, my dad read us Tell-Tale Heart, then when we were going to bed he went down stairs, turned the speakers on and made heart-beat noises into a microphone. My mom ran out of her room because me and my sister were screaming bloody murder, and my dad's trying to get upstairs while laughing his ass off.

I still need to get him back for that

ItsAlive75
03-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by The STE
one night when I was somewhere between 4 and 6, my dad read us Tell-Tale Heart, then when we were going to bed he went down stairs, turned the speakers on and made heart-beat noises into a microphone. My mom ran out of her room because me and my sister were screaming bloody murder, and my dad's trying to get upstairs while laughing his ass off.

Scratch my earlier statement, I wanna drink with YOUR dad.

Haunted
03-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by The STE

STE, that is too cool. I also appriciated EA Poe at a young age....anyway. Cool story.

My prank only involves a cake and my best friend's (at the time) face. It's weak compared to you guy's.

ItsAlive75
03-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
STE, that is too cool. I also appriciated EA Poe at a young age....anyway. Cool story.

My prank only involves a cake and my best friend's (at the time) face. It's weak compared to you guy's.

I'm guessing you threw a cake into your ex-friend's face.

Ooh, OR you threw your ex-friend's face into a cake.

Haunted
03-04-2005, 03:58 PM
The latter, yeah. Only...it was more like a shove.

BH14
03-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Best pranks I've seen are on the show "Scare Tactics". Its so funny.

ItsAlive75
03-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by BH14
Best pranks I've seen are on the show "Scare Tactics". Its so funny.

Steven Baldwin is a retard.