PDA

View Full Version : Fav. Cheech and Chong Movie?

Hate_Breeder
03-02-2005, 02:06 PM
What is your favorite Cheech and Chong movie?

newb
03-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Eagerly awaiting their next movie.
:D

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6300216993.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

urgeok
03-02-2005, 02:30 PM
up in smoke ..

Hate_Breeder
03-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah Up in Smoke is the best. I was just watching Nice Dreams and i think thats runner up. I hope they make a new movie since i guess Chongs out of jail finally

newb
03-02-2005, 02:42 PM
SPEN, Colo. (Hollywood Reporter) - Cheech and Chong, the seminal stoner comedy duo of the 1970s, might return to movie theaters soon.

Speaking to reporters at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival on Thursday night after their first stage reunion in 25 years, the duo said they are in the final stages of writing a script and hope to start production sooner rather than later.

"We are working on a new movie now," Cheech Marin said. "We are nearly done with the script." Both comedians said they would like to see the film out this year, maybe even during the summer if work progresses fast.

Asked about the plot, the duo said it will not be much different from what the fans have enjoyed from them in the past, even though the movie will have an "age- and time-appropriate" feel, Marin said.

"It will be a movie about two guys who have all sorts of adventures together," Tommy Chong said with a wry smile.

The two joked about working titles they have had for the film. "'Grumpy Old Stoners' was one of them," said Chong, and Marin suggested "Lord of the Smoke Rings" as an alternative.

The duo said they repeatedly had tried to reunite after not spending time together for years. But when Chong's daughter called Marin a little more than a year ago, the time was ripe. "We had each lived our own lives, but I think we were so close" in the past that the reunion worked, Chong said.

The duo soon started work on the new script, but Chong's nine-month jail sentence for selling pot pipes, which ended in July, interrupted the work.

Still on probation, Chong is back in the scriptwriting game. The duo confirmed that, originally, they let others take a crack at writing the script.

"But that didn't really work for us because we didn't like their stuff," Chong said.

According to the duo, they initially cut a deal with New Line Cinema to do the reunion movie, but now the film might wind up with a different distributor. They wouldn't elaborate on the situation.

Asked whether the new movie mainly would attract teenagers and people of their own generation, Marin and Chong said they believe that will depend on the publicity strategy and hope to attract as many people as possible.

Chong reminisced about how Michael Eisner, now the Walt Disney Co. CEO, initially rejected the duo's first film, 1978's "Up in Smoke," when Eisner was head of Paramount Pictures. After a screening of the finished film, "people went nuts, and I met (Eisner) in the lobby, and he looked like he had (messed) up big time," Chong said.

massacre man
03-02-2005, 03:33 PM
:rolleyes:

The Mothman
03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
CHEECH AND CHONG's NICE DREAMS!!!

I love when Cheech is in the straight suit, freaking out, screaming "MY BALLS ITCH!!!!"

Tat2
03-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I grew up listening to Cheech and Chong Albums!(for those of you that are to young to know what albums a.k.a LP's are...they are large, black disk shaped objects containing grooves in which would be placed on a device known as a "turntable" and a diamond tipped needle would ride in those grooves. As the LP turned, it played sounds!!!)

Anyway, I STILL have my Cheech and Chong albums in perfect condition (One of them is called the "Big Bamboo Album" it looks like a Zig--Zag book with a GIANT rolling paper inside...I still have the rolling paper) and spent many hazey and mind altering hours listening to them. If you liked any of their movies, I would definetely recommend that you pick up a couple of their "Albums" You can even get them on CD's now, and they are much funnier!

I would "HIGHLY" recommend "Cheech and Chongs Wedding Album" and "Los Cochinos" The best two of the lot!
:D :D :D :D

bloody_ribcut
03-02-2005, 05:28 PM
"Up in Smoke":D

jay o2 waster
03-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Next Movie

BlackWolf
03-02-2005, 07:23 PM
"Up In Smoke" is my favorite , I loved "Nice Dreams" as well

IDrinkYourBlood
03-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Iv only only seen Up in Smoke

The Mothman
03-02-2005, 07:44 PM
I've only seen Nice Dreams aswell. It sounds like the public says that I need to rent up in smoke.

btw did you hear that recenlt the two actors got convidited of participating in REAL drug trafficking? LOL!

Sedated_replica
03-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Nice Dream and Next movie are great.

I love all they're movies.

All my friends are mexican and they all smoke weed. So we quote Cheech And Chong a lot

Gravegirl666
03-03-2005, 03:44 AM
up in smoke baby!

taylorsmommy
03-03-2005, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Gravegirl666
up in smoke baby!

ditto!

babygirl20
03-03-2005, 06:29 AM
"Up in Smoke" :D I'd give anything for that damn van!;)