PDA

View Full Version : It should be illegal to be this stupid.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-01-2005, 11:03 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1517&e=15&u=/afp/philippinespopulation

One in three couples in Philippines don't know birds from the bees: official

MANILA (AFP) - As many as 30 percent of couples in the Philippines are unaware that having sex can result in babies, Health Secretary Manuel Dayrit said.

"They do not know how pregnancy happens," even though some of them have had numerous children already, Dayrit remarked.

The discovery was the result of field studies by health workers who went door-to-door to determine population control program awareness, Dayrit said in remarks released here.

He did not say how many couples in the mainly Roman Catholic nation were surveyed.

The field workers found that in many of these cases, the couples believed the children were simply gifts from God.

"Often times people do things even if they dont understand why they do it," Dayrit said, attributing the ignorance over sex to the conservatism of Philippine society.

"A lot of it is cultural because people dont talk about sex," he said, remarking that "knowledge is often tempered by values. And if the values are such that they will reject knowledge theres nothing you can do," he added.

The government is promoting a door-to-door campaign for population control in this country of 84 million people but the Catholic church, which counts about 80 percent of the population as followers, has been actively opposing the campaign.

The Mothman
03-01-2005, 11:06 AM
WTF!!??? how fucking dumb are these people.

ItsAlive75
03-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Some cultures don't think about that stuff as much as we do. Some of em' don't have 24 hour online newspapers to tell em that shit.

I dunno, it seems kinda dumb to not know how to get pregnant, but that's like makin fun of em' for not knowing what television is.

urgeok
03-01-2005, 11:38 AM
i'm moving to the phillipines !!!!

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Some cultures don't think about that stuff as much as we do. Some of em' don't have 24 hour online newspapers to tell em that shit.

I dunno, it seems kinda dumb to not know how to get pregnant, but that's like makin fun of em' for not knowing what television is.

no, it's nothing like that at all.

ItsAlive75
03-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
no, it's nothing like that at all.

Yes it is.

ShankS
03-01-2005, 11:46 AM
have I been asleep for the whole of March, and woken up on April 1st.

<------- 6000 :D

ChEEbA
03-01-2005, 12:00 PM
If the education isn't made available to them, you don't really have a right to be calling them "stupid".
I'm sure that if you hadn't the education that was provided to you as a right, by your country...you'd probably feel a little unfairly judged in their situation when some asshole called you stupid too.

I personally question the validity of this report...but if they're uneducated in these matters, that's something that should be fixed by their govt, so as to not have overpopulation issues.

Like they say, don't judge until you've walked their mile..

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-01-2005, 12:03 PM
How can you have like 6 kids and have no idea where they came from?!

ChEEbA
03-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Easily...by not having been educated.
I would assume that if this IS the case, it could be seen as something that "just happens" from the time a female hits full puberty??
I mean, if theyre rampantly fucking all the time, they're not going to have tmied the 9 months each and every time, are they?

ShankS
03-01-2005, 12:15 PM
cave men worked out, in order to increase the size of their tribe or what ever you call it, they needed to reproduce via man and woman. So they would have known how an offspring were produced.

now comon, cave men must have been pretty thick to start with, and even being so primitave, didn't prevent them from learning and continuing evolution.

so I think that report is a load of shite.

ChEEbA
03-01-2005, 12:26 PM
I personally question the validity of this report...

..Agreed...just throwing possible scenarios out there, I mean...did the caveman know specifically what he was doing, or did he just like "boning"?

urgeok
03-01-2005, 12:29 PM
so .... i guess i wont be moving to the philipines then .. :(

ShankS
03-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
so .... i guess i wont be moving to the philipines then .. :(

you could always try the small ads, for one of these 'buy an Asian wife' adverts.

ItsAlive75
03-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by ShankS
you could always try the small ads, for one of these 'buy an Asian wife' adverts.

Ooh, you can bring the Phillipines to YOU!

ShankS
03-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Ooh, you can bring the Phillipines to YOU!

yeah, for a price.... depends how much the family are willing to sell them for.

ItsAlive75
03-01-2005, 01:11 PM
yeah, for a price.... depends how much the family are willing to sell them for.

No, I got that all planned out. You pay some bounty hunter to just go and TAKE her, then bring her to you. That would most likely be cheaper.

ShankS
03-01-2005, 01:27 PM
No, I got that all planned out. You pay some bounty hunter to just go and TAKE her, then bring her to you. That would most likely be cheaper.

but the bounty hunter would want to eat burgers everyday, and that aint cheap.

AUSTIN316426808
03-01-2005, 03:38 PM

I actually think it's not like that at all, if you don't know what a tv is that's one thing if you don't know how a woman gets pregnant then that's another level of ignorance.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I actually think it's not like that at all, if you don't know what a tv is that's one thing if you don't know how a woman gets pregnant then that's another level of ignorance.

exactly.

IDrinkYourBlood
03-01-2005, 05:34 PM
you could always try the small ads, for one of these 'buy an Asian wife' adverts. I did that once. But they got mixed up and sent me a mail order HUSBAND. It wasnt all that bad. after three weeks he got shipped back. *sigh* O Tokomo.

ItsAlive75
03-01-2005, 06:17 PM

It's not about them, it's about how we react to them. Either one, you guys are still making fun of a bunch of people because they don't know about something that isn't in their culture.

Exactly.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Either one, you guys are still making fun of a bunch of people because they don't know about something that isn't in their culture.

what?!

ItsAlive75
03-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
what?!

OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!

You're makin fun of people cuz of their culture! That's it, that's what I'm saying!!! Damn...

BH14
03-01-2005, 06:26 PM
You know whats even scarier?? People in the U.S. who know where babies come from and are constantly having unplanned babies. When will some people from U.S. learn about condoms?

ItsAlive75
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by BH14
You know whats even scarier?? People in the U.S. who know where babies come from and are constantly having unplanned babies. When will some people from U.S. learn about condoms?

See, make fun of the folks who should know better!

AUSTIN316426808
03-01-2005, 06:29 PM
It's not about them, it's about how we react to them. Either one, you guys are still making fun of a bunch of people because they don't know about something that isn't in their culture.

Exactly.

how is can getting pregnant not be apart of their culture?

ItsAlive75
03-01-2005, 06:30 PM
how is can getting pregnant not be apart of their culture?

not knowing about how to get pregnant, not just getting preggers

AUSTIN316426808
03-01-2005, 06:35 PM
not knowing about how to get pregnant, not just getting preggers

I understand what you're saying now I guess it just sounds ignorant to me because of the complete difference in culture.

ItsAlive75
03-01-2005, 06:37 PM
I understand what you're saying now I guess it just sounds ignorant to me because of the complete difference in culture.

I hear ya, it sounds completely fuckin ridiculous but its a totally different group of folks, that's why I'm lettin' it fall.

If it was people in West Virginia or somethin, I'd be writin' some letters.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Oh well, not knowing how pregnancy happens is still major ignorance in my book. I don't care about your culture, fine maybe it's not their fault but that doesn't change facts.

ItsAlive75
03-01-2005, 06:40 PM
John Ashcroft thought calico cats were harbingers of the Devil. So everybody's a little looney.

That's not a joke, either.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-01-2005, 06:57 PM
John Ashcroft thought calico cats were harbingers of the Devil.

they are., well not all of them I guess.

ChEEbA
03-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Oh well, not knowing how pregnancy happens is still major ignorance in my book.

- You said it...ignorance. Not something one can necessarily avoid in this (alleged) given situation.
If you were one of these people - you wouldn't know, simply because this information was not made available to you.
Saying it should be illegal to be this STUPID is both judgemental, and simply wrong.
It's kind of like making fun of a guy in a wheelchair on account of his inability to walk.

Stupidity and ignorance are two very different things - but that's ok, I'll look past your ignorance on this matter.;)

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ChEEbA
- You said it...ignorance. Not something one can necessarily avoid in this (alleged) given situation.
If you were one of these people - you wouldn't know, simply because this information was not made available to you.
Saying it should be illegal to be this STUPID is both judgemental, and simply wrong.
It's kind of like making fun of a guy in a wheelchair on account of his inability to walk.

Stupidity and ignorance are two very different things - but that's ok, I'll look past your ignorance on this matter.;)

I was joking about it actually being illegal. I still think they're stupid, whether it's they're fault or not. You're right, making fun of them for it is kind of like making fun of someone in a wheelchair but not quite... It's more like making fun of someone who is fat, because they can change. ;) (not counting like extremely rare cases)

ChEEbA
03-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Yknow what?
I try to be cool with most people, and I try not to judge others to a point that it's almost painful for me to do so. But everything has limits, and so do I.
I've realised now that I really dislike your shallow views, not just in view to certain topics, but to life in general.
I'm not looking to turn this into an argument - if you are, you may do so on your own.
I don't hate you. I'm just not going to even bother commenting on your arrogant self-absorbed nonsense any longer.
I hope one day the real world comes along and bitchslaps you, 'cos I really think you need it.
You've got a lot to learn.
Maybe we'll talk some time in future if I see any signs of you growing a little, as a PERSON.
Til' then (IF and when), I've got nothing more to say to you.
Reply if you want...I don't much give a fuck either way.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ChEEbA
Yknow what?
I try to be cool with most people, and I try not to judge others to a point that it's almost painful for me to do so. But everything has limits, and so do I.
I've realised now that I really dislike your shallow views, not just in view to certain topics, but to life in general.
I'm not looking to turn this into an argument - if you are, you may do so on your own.
I don't hate you. I'm just not going to even bother commenting on your arrogant self-absorbed nonsense any longer.
I hope one day the real world comes along and bitchslaps you, 'cos I really think you need it.
You've got a lot to learn.
Maybe we'll talk some time in future if I see any signs of you growing a little, as a PERSON.
Til' then (IF and when), I've got nothing more to say to you.
Reply if you want...I don't much give a fuck either way.

lol I'm glad you're not holding back anymore.

bloody_ribcut
03-01-2005, 10:38 PM
illegalizing is stupid piss drip.

ShankS
03-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood
I did that once. But they got mixed up and sent me a mail order HUSBAND. It wasnt all that bad. after three weeks he got shipped back. *sigh* O Tokomo.

so what happened in the three weeks? you kept him that long.

Vodstok
03-02-2005, 04:16 AM
I find the very thought of this level of ignorance terrifying. I have known enough ignorant people in my life to say i think this may have some credbility.

No offense to any catholics, but where the church is involved, i have seen some mind numbing stupidity, which encourages ignorance.

The pope actually got down on Italy several years back for not having enough kids. 6.6 BILLION people in the world (1 billion in india and china respectively), and they still think it is a good idea to keep people in the dark about sex and reproduction? And actively encourage people to reproduce like rabbits?

Sorry, if that isnt irresponsible, i dont know what is.

Making fun of them for not knowing is not called for (although i admit, had i not read Cheeba's posts first, mine would have been a bit less mature. Okay, VERY immature)

As far as cavemen doing it... Think back. They had some degree if instinct still in them. Plus, we are born with less and less inbred knowledge, and rely more and more on others for knowledge as a species.

Hell, this is a horror forum, so why not pick something relevantr to relate this too. Take the movie Carrie for instance. Peopel have known for ages what menstruation is, and what it is for, but in that story, Carrie is terrified when she starts bleeding because she has no idea what is happening to her, because no one bothered to tell her what it was and why it happened.

The more advanced we become, the easier it is to manipulate people's thoughts and basic understanding. Look at scientology. L Ron Hubbard wrote some books (Sci-fi books....) and now, some of the richest, most powerful people in hollywood are Scientologists. The religion was created in their lifetimes, but they buy it hook line and sinker.

If the article is true, then ignorance and apathy have reached a terminal level in the Phillipenes. And anyone who opposes educating those people is evil. It's not like they are protecting the truth about aliens or whether bigfoot is real or not, or even Col. sanders' secret ingredients, its the basis for life as we know it, and a fundemental truth that EVERYONE has the right to know about.

If it is true, there need to be signs and billboards erected that say "THis is how you make a baby", then show it, then "This is how you prevfent one" and show condoms and their use. And fuck anyone and any belief system that says birth control is evil. We arent talking about retroactive "oops, I fucked up" solutions like aboprtion, we are talking about prevention, which no one will ever be able to convincingly argue against. Not to my satisfaction, anyway.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-02-2005, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok

If the article is true, then ignorance and apathy have reached a terminal level in the Phillipenes. And anyone who opposes educating those people is evil. It's not like they are protecting the truth about aliens or whether bigfoot is real or not, or even Col. sanders' secret ingredients, its the basis for life as we know it, and a fundemental truth that EVERYONE has the right to know about.

If it is true, there need to be signs and billboards erected that say "THis is how you make a baby", then show it, then "This is how you prevfent one" and show condoms and their use. And fuck anyone and any belief system that says birth control is evil.

agreed.

ShankS
03-02-2005, 05:50 AM
who wants to have some action shots photod, for the billboard poster.

Vodstok
03-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Let me guess, you want want to give them unrealistic expectations by making billboards of you poking Nadine, dont ya?:)

ShankS
03-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Let me guess, you want want to give them unrealistic expectations by making billboards of you poking Nadine, dont ya?:)

that could be an option, If we have no volunteers.