PDA

View Full Version : College.

Za'afiel
02-24-2005, 03:38 PM
This is just a tread for people who are in college.

What is your reason too be in college?

And what do you study?

knife_fight
02-24-2005, 05:37 PM
what about people who WENT to college? are they allowed to participate?

ChEEbA
02-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Of course not...freakin' has-beens:p

I study at a place that you'd probably call a college...I'm studying a tertiary preperation course (as I've been out of study for a couple of years), in which I study some maths, team productivity, statistics, computing skills (a breeze), and asia-pacific relations history in the context of my country.

Next year...or perhaps even mid year (undecided), I'll be starting formal food prep/service/cooking and catering studies towards becoming a chef. Can't wait.

- B.

Sedated_replica
02-24-2005, 09:34 PM
I didn't think going to college could be trendy... that doesn't make any sense too me.

unless you're a loser frat boy that just wants too fuck nasty bitches and drink beer.

_Leatha_Face_
02-24-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm in it

Hate it

Gettin Core right now, havent picked my major yet =/

GorePhobia
02-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I will be going to film school in September. I live in New Jersey but I am flying down and living in Florida for school. It shall be very interesting. I love film and film is my life so hey what the hell mine as well go for what I love.

knee jerk
02-25-2005, 08:51 PM
I spent about 10 years in college and finally got my degree.....in Liberal FUCKING Arts!!!
So then I thought about becoming a teacher because I'm not qualified to actually do anything but I took some education classes last semester and I didn't really like it.
So now I'm enrolled at University of Missouri, Kansas City and working on a history degree that I thought might use to work towards a master's in history and maybe teach on the college level.
Now I think that might suck ass too but I'm already in the program. So I'll have my history degree next December and then I'll be fucking clueless all over again.
Probably end up going back into education. I wanna teach but I hate the bureaucracy.
Right, and I'm working in a goddamn grocery store for the time being.
Feel like one of those zombies from "Shaun of the Dead."

ItsAlive75
02-25-2005, 10:16 PM
I go to University of Iowa, studying English.

I'm one of them readin' nerds.

Marroe
02-26-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm not there just yet, but I will one day. I'd love to take more photography classes soon. Maybe even cosmetology, I've been told I'm good with stuff like that, so maybe. There are so many things I'd love to do.....It's just all about getting my ass in gear now.

tom-tom
02-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Yep, i'm in college and hating it...
my every hour here is filled with thinking about slaughtering everyone...(or browsing horror).

Gren the cake
02-28-2005, 08:17 PM
i was at a univerisyt but wasnt diggin it. so now im back ina community college. much better atmosphere, like they really care about u

anyway, my major is administratino of justice. ill be graduated with it june 2006 and afterward getting my bachelors in maybe nutrition/health. or maybe jus criminal law. im not sure yet

anyway, im in cuz i want to get a more secure job - get better pay, better chances etc etc. i COULD stop at the AA but if i want to hit up a federal agency (FBI, DEA, especially US MARSHALS) i need my bachelors..

its good to go to school.. good to expand ur horizons, being well rounded!

urgeok
03-01-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Gren the cake
i was at a univerisyt but wasnt diggin it. so now im back ina community college. much better atmosphere, like they really care about u

i remember a comedian once saying that college was like highschool - with ashtrays :D

ShankS
03-01-2005, 05:59 AM
my college was like school, but had a bar and beer :D

knee jerk
03-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
i remember a comedian once saying that college was like highschool - with ashtrays :D

Nah...its more like high school with coffee. Its funny, my dad went to college like 1000 years ago and he said there were guys there who just hung out at the student center drinking coffee and as far as he could tell never studied or really ever went to class.
So you know....the more things change.....

Sad thing is, my first few semesters I was that guy. I hate that guy.

Gren the cake
03-01-2005, 03:25 PM
true. they act like colege is SO much diff than high. well comparing UC (university) to HS, sure. comparing CC (community college) to HS? hmm

once u get into upper level shit, into ur major then ya.. thers a diff. but until then, fuckin UC morons didnt giva frogs fat ass.

over at the CC though, my teachers kick ass. really wanna talk with us and shit. UC it was like class was a burden to them....

bloody_ribcut
03-01-2005, 09:39 PM
man, college is for losers who wanna better themselves and earn more money instead of working with us cool kids at mcdonalds.

Gren the cake
03-02-2005, 12:35 AM
its mickey D's BIATCH!

anyway i COULD be head fry cook of that joint but instead id rather work special ops for the FBI.

OMGWTFLOZER!~

ShankS
03-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Gren the cake
its mickey D's BIATCH!

anyway i COULD be head fry cook of that joint but instead id rather work special ops for the FBI.

OMGWTFLOZER!~

when you get a job at the fbi, can you post me an application form, I think I have the necessary requisites to be special ops...... I watch Sherlock Holmes videos and listen to his audio story books in the bath.

Vodstok
03-02-2005, 04:22 AM
I never went to college. I am almost completely self-taught and i am now a programmer and a writer (and webmaster). My wife went to college for Criminal Justice and Psychology. She is holding out on going to the Police Academy, and is, appropriately enough, a nanny right now. if that doesnt prepare her for dealing with criminals, i dont know what will :)

Oh, and college may not be like High School, but working for a big company is.

ShankS
03-02-2005, 04:38 AM
at times I think I actually work at a school... it's like managing a bunch of kids who need supervision the whole time.

Vodstok
03-02-2005, 04:44 AM
Big business is just like highschool, it has all of the same bullshit

cliques, popular kids, nerds, teacher's pets, assholes in charge who dont give a fuck

The Mothman
03-02-2005, 05:18 AM
Hell, I got a msater's degree in the art of slacking.
jk im not in collage yet.:D

urgeok
03-02-2005, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
. She is holding out on going to the Police Academy, and is, appropriately enough, a nanny right now.

ask her if she wants to be a nanny in canada !!

i've been a naughty boy and my diapers need changing :)

ShankS
03-02-2005, 06:18 AM
ask her if she wants to be a nanny in canada !!

i've been a naughty boy and my diapers need changing :)

we know you're old, but didn't think incontinence came around at that age.

urgeok
03-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
we know you're old, but didn't think incontinence came around at that age.

naw, i've been doing for fun since i was 19 :D

ShankS
03-02-2005, 06:40 AM
naw, i've been doing for fun since i was 19 :D

so you've been shitting your strides for pleasure, all these years... bwahaha stinky :D

urgeok
03-02-2005, 06:42 AM
so you've been shitting your strides for pleasure, all these years... bwahaha stinky :D

i told you i was naughty !

some days its playing with poopy, other days its the PVC Nuns outfit with the split crotch bloomers.

depends on my mood.

ShankS
03-02-2005, 06:46 AM
i told you i was naughty !

some days its playing with poopy, other days its the PVC Nuns outfit with the split crotch bloomers.

depends on my mood.

nothing wrong with a fetish... it's when you take it to work the problems start. Those Jap Business Suits are pretty confused to start with, and you heading the board meeting on their first visit....well ummm wont go down to well going crotchless, unless the Japs are into scat aswell. :D :p

urgeok
03-02-2005, 06:49 AM
nothing wrong with a fetish... it's when you take it to work the problems start. Those Jap Business Suits are pretty confused to start with, and you heading the board meeting on their first visit....well ummm wont go down to well going crotchless, unless the Japs are into scat aswell. :D :p

hey, Ella Fitzgerald and Cab Calloway cant be wrong ..

Scat is where it's at !

ShankS
03-02-2005, 06:52 AM

Gren the cake
03-02-2005, 10:13 PM
VOD - y is ur wife holding out on going to the academy? at least over here its about 5 months. like any other typical job 7-5 but unlike military bootcamp, u go home everyday.

ours are every fall and spring. i graduate (projected date) june 2008 and come october im IN! (hopefully)