PDA

View Full Version : Haute Tension (aka Switchblade Romance)

Splatter Phreak
02-27-2004, 02:49 AM
has anyone seen this film "haute tension"? is it really as good as it says on zombiekeeper.com? i'm thinking of adding it to the old collection but i'm not quite sure, so i thought i would ask the people.

hellfire1
02-27-2004, 12:59 PM
this is a french film, so that would be my domain :D ....

but i haven't seen it, mainly because it is after all, a FRENCH film ! lol
but i heard it was really freaky and cool because the story is very possible and could happen to anyone ( or at least that's what i'm told ). anyways, i will definitely rent it tomorrow and give ya some feedback ! ;)

and 300 for me !

Splatter Phreak
02-29-2004, 03:38 AM
Thank you kindly

goth_poser
08-22-2004, 03:18 PM
dude, haute tension (aka high tension) kinda rules. better then the teaxs chainsaw re-fake........

shadow_13
08-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Never heard of it, please elaborate...oh cool name BTW.

Ritualistic
08-26-2004, 06:53 AM
yeah, do elaborate.....

HauteTension676
08-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Haute Tension review

here

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/hautetension.htm

and

here

http://www.creature-corner.com/reviews/hautetension.php3

and that avatar thats under my Scree name is one of the scenes in the Movie Haute Tension. i can't wait to see this film :) i've heard so many great things about it

zwoti
02-17-2005, 04:24 AM
aka switchblade romance, high tension

my recommendation to everyone.

AUSTIN316426808
02-17-2005, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by zwoti

I think I saw a trailer at the theater months ago for a movie called High Tension, I think it was suppose to be a teaser because all they showed was a girl running through the woods from somebody.

is this what you're talking about?

zwoti
02-17-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I think I saw a trailer at the theater months ago for a movie called High Tension, I think it was suppose to be a teaser because all they showed was a girl running through the woods from somebody.

is this what you're talking about?

yep. somebody with a massive power saw

AUSTIN316426808
02-17-2005, 05:07 AM
yep. somebody with a massive power saw

I guess it never made it to the theater, don't know why it looked interesting. I would've went to see it.

zwoti
02-17-2005, 05:10 AM
I guess it never made it to the theater, don't know why it looked interesting. I would've went to see it.

hasn't come out yet in the US (being released uncut as a NC17)......but out now on DVD in the UK :D

AUSTIN316426808
02-17-2005, 05:15 AM
(being released uncut as a NC17)

I guess that's why it didn't make it to the theater, must be pretty bad to be NC17.

zwoti
02-17-2005, 05:17 AM
I guess that's why it didn't make it to the theater, must be pretty bad to be NC17.

bloody doesn't do it justice

Vodstok
02-17-2005, 05:18 AM
Keep sending your movies westward!

28 days later actually showed in theaters here, maybe we will get lucky...

AUSTIN316426808
02-17-2005, 05:19 AM
bloody doesn't do it justice

:cool: I'll check it out, whenever the hell it's released that is.

newb
02-17-2005, 05:24 AM
I downloaded it months ago but the damn thing was in french.I watched a few minutes....it looked very promising.

zwoti
02-17-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by newb
I downloaded it months ago but the damn thing was in french.I watched a few minutes....it looked very promising.

well it is a french film.......

.....same happened to me as well, even though it said subtitled :mad:

ShankS
02-17-2005, 05:35 AM

poped through the letter box this morning. :)

zwoti
02-17-2005, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
poped through the letter box this morning. :)

enjoy

zwoti
02-17-2005, 05:39 AM
:cool: I'll check it out, whenever the hell it's released that is.

June 3rd (http://movieweb.com/movies/film.php?1675)

ShankS
02-17-2005, 05:40 AM
enjoy

looking forward to it.

slasherman
02-17-2005, 07:27 AM
enjoy
Enjoy what ? A bad twist ending ?:(

Angra
02-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by slasherman
Enjoy what ? A bad twist ending ?:(

Spoil away Slasherman!

Just ruin it all for people who hasn´t seen it.:mad:

slasherman
02-19-2005, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Angra
Spoil away Slasherman!

Just ruin it all for people who hasn´t seen it.:mad:
:D

feral cat
02-19-2005, 07:25 PM
The twist ending is not very good in my opinion, although I have spoken to people who love it! Don’t know why all horror has become about twist endings! How ever that twist whether you like it or not, no about it or not has no effect on the movies quality and this is the best movie of its type for years and as Zwoti said the red stuff really flows!

A must watch IMO!!!

slasherman
02-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by feral cat
How ever that twist whether you like it or not, no about it or not has no effect on the movies quality and this is the best movie of its type for years and as Zwoti said the red stuff really flows!

"SPOILER"
In this movie the twist endig is very important....cause it explain why she (Cécile De France .... Marie) never is caught buy the badguy....This cat and mouse game which last true the hole movie is not believable(she hangs up the phone when she has contact with the police)....they(badguy and her) are in the same room and car many times....but still she is not seen....:mad:
To me this movie is a wannabe...it tries to be a good slasher but its not...

lee challenger
02-23-2005, 06:47 AM
IF you only see one other horror movie this year then make it Switchblade Romance.I've just watched it on DVD and it reminded me of the impact The Evil Dead had on me over 20 years ago.
This is what you call a HORROR film.Shocking,scary,gory and original.
It's like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the 21st century only this time the violence and gore are shown in graphic detail and not left to your imagination.

babygirl20
02-23-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by lee challenger
IF you only see one other horror movie this year then make it Switchblade Romance.I've just watched it on DVD and it reminded me of the impact The Evil Dead had on me over 20 years ago.
This is what you call a HORROR film.Shocking,scary,gory and original.
It's like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the 21st century only this time the violence and gore are shown in graphic detail and not left to your imagination.

I think I have heard of it and I was just wondering if you knew who wrote or produced it?:confused:

zwoti
02-23-2005, 10:59 AM
merge

lee challenger
02-23-2005, 11:36 PM
If you only see one horror movie this year then make it this one.
I've just watched it on dvd and it had a similar impact on me as The Evil Dead over 20 years ago.This is what you call a HORROR film.Extremely violent,scary and original.
No stupid teenagers, no CGI, no sarcastic humour.
Just plenty of tension and loads of gore.
This is like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the 21st century only this time the slaughter is shown in graphic detail.
I implore you to see this movie as it makes stuff like Wrong Turn seem like The Sound Of Music.

ShankS
02-24-2005, 12:53 AM
I've had this film a couple of days now, been busy, but I plan to watch it tonight. :)

btw, you were beaten to it a few threads (http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13955) down... and to anyone else watch out theres some ****spoilers**** on the second page in that thread.

slasherman
02-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Dont listen to him (lee challenger)..this movie is a wannabe :mad:

LMM
02-24-2005, 04:35 AM
I very much enjoyed this film, until the stoooooopid ending.

ShankS
02-24-2005, 04:41 AM
you lot are fucking idiots.... how about spoiler warning. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

at times people do it on purpose. :rolleyes:

42ndStreetFreak
02-24-2005, 04:56 AM
Spoilers for what? 'stoooooopid ending'? Hardly telling you the Butler did it are they!

HA! Lion's Gate have wimped out in America and gone back on their uncut, subbed release promise to a cut dubbed release instead!

newb
02-24-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
Spoilers for what? 'stoooooopid ending'? Hardly telling you the Butler did it are they!

HA! Lion's Gate have wimped out in America and gone back on their uncut, subbed release promise to a cut dubbed release instead!

Looks like I'm gonna have to E-Bay this one for the uncut version.:rolleyes:

lee challenger
02-24-2005, 06:30 AM
Slasherman,
I respect your opinion as much as I hope you will respect mine but can you explain what you mean without spoiling the film for those who haven't seen it yet.
I believe this is the most powerful horror movie for years and thankfully here in the UK the censors have allowed us to see it in all it's glory.
Exactly what do you mean by it is just a "wannabe"?
Finally we have a full on horror movie that doesn't pull any punches or mess about and gives us horror fans what we really want instead of all these glossy films that come out of America that promise so much but deliver so little.
It very much reminds me of the golden days of horror when video first came out and we were seeing films like Absurd for the first time in the privacy of our own homes before the ridiculous "video nasties" court ruling came along and spoilt everything.
Now ironically those nasties have been re-released,although substantially cut and Switchblade Romance has been allowed to be passed for viewing even though it would have been a "nasty" back then.

ShankS
02-24-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak

it was said in a general context....

noobs do it on purpose, with the intentions of 'wrecking' it for others and slating a film with no proper justification. It's happend many times before.

zwoti
02-24-2005, 07:49 AM
once again.......i merge the threads :rolleyes:

urgeok
02-24-2005, 07:51 AM
once again.......i merge the threads :rolleyes:

zwoti the ninja seamstress in : thread merging madness !!!
coming to a forum near you !

ShankS
02-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
zwoti the ninja seamstress in : thread merding madness !!!
coming to a forum near you !

now that sounds interesting.... the kung fu moderating.

zwoti
02-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
now that sounds interesting.... the kung fu moderating.

i've been practicing

newb
02-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Master Zwoti

http://www.dfcom.freeserve.co.uk/hbw/images/hkp_giantleap.gif

Angra
02-24-2005, 02:20 PM
What kind of horror movie is "Haute tension"?

Is it just like "Texas chainsaw massacre"?

ShankS
02-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Just finished watching, really enjoyed it. The effects guys did a superb job.

slasherman
02-26-2005, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by lee challenger
Slasherman,
Exactly what do you mean by it is just a "wannabe"?

Its wants to be more than a slasher but its not.....I have more respect for stupid slashers like "Valentine" and "Urban Legend 2" cause they not pretending beeing deep and spesial....

makemebad
10-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Besides the plot holes, I think this is an amazing modern horror movie

The movie is just so dark and violent, I love it

Thoughts on it?

Roderick Usher
10-22-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm gonna try to keep this spoiler free, but come on...see it already, it's a gorgous horror flick but...

I hated this film.

It isn't a matter of plot holes, it's a matter of dishonest filmmaking. The action set pieces are impossible, given their framework. Everything seen is a lie, not a clever trick or an interesting bit of filmmaking - which it could have been, but wasn't.

I totally understand why people do like this film, but I ain't one of them. I just cannot get over how the ending completely invalidated everything in this film.

alkytrio666
10-22-2006, 03:30 PM
The gorgeousness of the film was enough for me to forgive the lousy plot.

I like the movie.

The Mothman
10-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Aja is my favorite modern horror movie director. I absolutely loved this film, and i can forgive the ending.

urgeok
10-23-2006, 02:03 AM
yah i didnt care either....

having been a horror film fan a lot of years - i've been lied to in far worse ways than this ..

i didnt feel insulted at the end - i enjoyed the ride too much.

90% of the other horror i've seen didnt provide even a fraction of the quality this one did.

i sometimes can be a stickler for rules/plot devices, etc ... but if the film is this good - i can overlook almost anything.

slayer666
10-23-2006, 02:52 AM
Despite the ending, I loved this one.

stinking_dylan
10-23-2006, 03:34 AM
I loved this film. The plot has huge holes, but it kind of reminds me of Argentos Inferno, only it has a more coherent story.

ManchestrMorgue
10-23-2006, 07:51 AM
I liked this film - the atmosphere was well created, and it managed to keep its pace for most of the film. I think it was better on second viewing - I noticed things I didn't notice on first viewing, and I had accepted the ending...

Despare
10-23-2006, 09:18 AM
I don't know, it was a beautiful movie but the plot holes combined with the fact that it was almost a carbon copy of the beginning of Intensity really turned me off. I'd probably watch it again just for some of the gorgeous, gore laden scenes.

Burning in Hell
10-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Really good movie in my opinion, and I did not feel cheated with the ending. There were (small) clues thrown in the beginning.

Nikkif8
10-23-2006, 01:00 PM
I really liked it too. IMO it was one of the better movies I have seen out in a while. Although I will admit I haven't seen a lot of the movies all you members post about. Anyhow, the ending was a bit of a copout but I didn't care, as someone else said I just enjoyed the ride. Don't get me wrong I love cheesey 80's horror flicks but I rather watch an ending like this then watch totally unrealistic cheese. IMO someone could probably be so delusional as she was, who knows. Fun movie, good gore and wierd shit nonetheless!

Zero
10-24-2006, 08:45 AM
hot french chick with a chainsaw - i'm in love!

Despare
10-24-2006, 03:01 PM
hot french chick with a chainsaw - i'm in love!

Actually I think it was a masonary cut off saw. Could be wrong...