PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Songwriters...

Arioch
11-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey guys,
just wanted to see how many of you write music and what your main influences are. im currently working on a demo for my new project, and my main influences are NIN, Pantera, Alice in Chains, Tool, Pinkfloyd, and early Manson.

NirvanaNole
11-16-2003, 07:48 PM
I do. Will start a band most likely once I graduate and move from here. My influences are too long to list. I probably write things that sounds like Pearl Jam more than anything else.

Malicious_Mirth
11-16-2003, 11:54 PM
i kind of write, lol but i guess this list excludes me lol

i just felt like commenting

mudsliptones
11-17-2003, 01:35 AM
Im in a band called instill
we play metalcore, kinda like hatebreed and stuff
I don't write lyrics, Im the guitarist
we have 1 mp3 online, but it's an old version, with a sucky intro and without our bassplayer
but you'll get the idea
the song (http://users.pandora.be/Mudsliptones/Mudsliptones/instill - for friends and family.mp3)

Arioch
11-17-2003, 02:00 AM
Hey thx for postin ur mp3 Mud, its cool to here a fellow Horror boardmembers band. I hope to get some MP3s up soon. Sounds pretty good but ya a bass would fill out the sound tho.

I'd watch out for that intro tho..lol can u say copywrite infrindgment?:eek: Be carefull man dont get sued.

mudsliptones
11-17-2003, 02:14 AM
well, I uploaded the wrong mp3 heheheh
I was messing with some intros and shit

moonsorrow
11-17-2003, 02:40 AM
were into diffrent styles but i write, sing scream and growl...

moonsorrow
11-17-2003, 02:42 AM
byw...nice avatar Arioch

Arioch
11-17-2003, 02:49 AM
Thx moonsorrow. What are your influences? You sound like ur into alot of the heavier stuff. I dont really listen to death/black metal etc. that often but i did alot in high school. Used to be really into Six Feet Under/ Cannibal Corpse. Ah good times

moonsorrow
11-17-2003, 02:52 AM
not necicarily heavy, but good, anyhting from nightwish to old mans child, or within temptation to twilight ophera.
all metal as long as its good...but dont think your going to see me listen to nu metal...ever.
who enspires me the most? i cant answer for the rest of the band but ensiferum, old mans child, sirenia and paradise lost are my major influences... we played live once but we still dont have a permanent name. rightnow its eternal.

Arioch
11-17-2003, 02:56 AM
Ive been hearing alot of good things about paradise lost. Alot of people seem to be into them. Any particular songs i should download?

I hear you about a band name. Its hard to come up with something that completely sums up everything ur band is, and also happens to not be taken already. Took us 3 and a half years to come up with a perminant one.

moonsorrow
11-17-2003, 03:09 AM
paradise lost is simpley put the best band ever to grace the metal comunity, for some of the harder stuff download widow, embers fire, gothic, and eternal.
when it comes to the softer material go for shadow kings, hallowed land, one second, blood of antother, erased, isolate, and fader. allthoguth i recomend you get everything they have as they only have one song i dont like called take me down, no matter what your taste is youl find somethign to like in paradise lost.
so whats your band name?

Chucky
11-17-2003, 03:23 AM
Here's some audio from a practice session with my band called Bay Sickness. I'm the singer and slammed the frickin' microphone because it kept cutting out on me and making it sound a bit off. :mad: It's bad quality but will give you the idea of what we sound like, lol.

right click and select "save target as"
Download Audio (http://www.geocities.com/eggplantpop/my_side_project.mp3)

Here's the intro theme music I created to an indy horror film I am making.

Download Theme (http://www.geocities.com/eggplantpop/creepy_movie.mp3)

mudsliptones
11-17-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Chucky
Here's some audio from a practice session with my band called Bay Sickness. I'm the singer and slammed the frickin' microphone because it kept cutting out on me and making it sound a bit off. :mad: It's bad quality but will give you the idea of what we sound like, lol.

Download Audio (http://www.geocities.com/eggplantpop/my_side_project.mp3)

Here's the intro theme music I created to an indy horror film I am making.

Download Theme (http://www.geocities.com/eggplantpop/creepy_movie.mp3)

to tell you the thruth, it sounds really really messy, but that can be the sualmity fucking up, I know about it, lol
the intro is really cool though (to the song, not the movie)
I like it, try to record it with beytter quality
how do you record?

Chucky
11-17-2003, 04:47 AM
It's recorded onto my computer with a microphone from a cassette tape, lol. It sounds really bad I know, but since I have a baby on the way and am studying at college in web site design full-time I really don't have much band practice time anymore.

mudsliptones
11-17-2003, 05:20 AM
dude, don't use a mic
lol
just do this, get a cable and put it in the headphones jack of the taperecorder and the other end in the mic entrance of the soundcard on the comp
that way you get better sound

and congrats on the kid dude

Arioch
11-17-2003, 11:59 AM
Glad to see there are a good number of musicians on this site.

Arioch
11-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Oh my projects called "Longinus", moonsorrow. Named after the roman senterion that killed christ on the cross, then became a saint himself. So far it consist of me, lol, but there are a growing number of interested musicians these days.

mictlan
11-17-2003, 12:40 PM
It is cool to see that so many of you make music. I do experimental stuff, usually without traditional instruments. I use electronics but no off-the-shelf synthesizers or anything - I make my own from thrift store junk (http://www.latibulum.com/mictlan/instruments.html).

Some audio links, all 1998 or before:

Candle (http://www.latibulum.com/mictlan/candle.mp3)

Continuance (http://www.latibulum.com/mictlan/continuance.mp3)

score to the (unreleased) film Cosmetic (http://www.latibulum.com/mictlan/cosmetic.mp3)

Daddy Scary Robot (about as rock as I get, it has guitars and drums, sort of) (http://www.latibulum.com/mictlan/daddy%20scary%20robot.mp3)

Landscape (http://www.latibulum.com/mictlan/landscape.mp3)

Untitled 1 (http://www.latibulum.com/mictlan/untitled%201.mp3)

Arioch
11-17-2003, 02:30 PM
Whoa, thats some crazy shit mictlan! its very freeform kinda stream of conscienceness. I wish i could do something that abstract, all my shit seems bound by typical song bounderies sometimes. I like Daddy Scary Robot. You got some really unique sounds from that guitar.

Lets keep um comin guys, we could have a whole songwriter community here. Getting all of our shit off the ground. Who knows, maybe we can even get some collaboration on some side projects;)

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Im not a song writter but I thought I would still send you a greeting and welcome you to the forum....

Arioch
11-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Thx soul.

moonsorrow
11-18-2003, 01:24 AM
take a look at this link if your into metal
http://www.abednarz.net/prometheus.html

guy calling himself prometheus, an exelent artist with so far zero releases on cd i think, listen to those songs! he should have a contract.

Arioch
11-18-2003, 01:44 AM
downloading right now. thx for the link moon.

Alright i only needed to listen to the first song, your totally right. this guy is well and beyond good enough to have a record contract. The irony is hell probably never get signed for 2 reasons.
1) hes doing it all himself and doesnt really appear to be shopping it around to record companies and i cant really blame him. and
2) record companies dont want to develop artists anymore. They want the initiall big hit release so they can make a profit faster then after that 1 hit they can find someone else. Thats why pop is so big right now. Pop and Pop/punk are what sells instantly (along with hip hop) something like this will require creative marketing and effort on the record companies part.:rolleyes: This guy is really talented and i can see why hes doing it the way he is, independantly. its just a shame that acts like this go undiscovered and unrecognized while Brittney sells herself like the record label whore she really is.

moonsorrow
11-18-2003, 02:18 AM
nott sure i agree on the part about record companys dont want to develop theyr own bands nymore, take a look at spinefarm, centurymedia, nuclear blast, dragonheart records... i can go on and on naming lables that develop theyr own bands, i still remember the days when no one knew the name nightwish apart from me and my friends now nightwish is one of the biggest bands around. true metal lables want to develop theyr bands.

i dont agree that he cant do it solo either, have you heard about old mans child? the 3 first cds they released the band consistet only of galder whos now employed by dimmu borgir as well...

btw on that page, lovers i deffinatley one my fav tracks, make sure you listen to it.

Arioch
11-18-2003, 01:08 PM
nott sure i agree on the part about record companys dont want to develop theyr own bands nymore, take a look at spinefarm, centurymedia, nuclear blast, dragonheart records... i can go on and on naming lables that develop theyr own bands, i still remember the days when no one knew the name nightwish apart from me and my friends now nightwish is one of the biggest bands around. true metal lables want to develop theyr bands.

Oh your talking about independant labels, well hell ya! Indie labels are the way to go. Im talking about the majors like Interscope, Universals labels, Warner Bros. etc. Ya thats y indes are around i guess. Hell i got offered a contract from one in boston im gonna look into. Im talking about the major pop pushers these days.

i dont agree that he cant do it solo either, have you heard about old mans child? the 3 first cds they released the band consistet only of galder whos now employed by dimmu borgir as well...

No, no this is THE way to do it i think. Avoid the record companies all together. We all know how much record companies (The major ones that is) screw the artist anyway, with recoupable advances, and making the artist pay for his own videos, paying for the production of the album. I mean come on, does tom cruise have to pay for the production of his movies. They way they run business is just so fucked up, i mean we all know cds dont cost 16.95 to make. Hell, i bought 3 John Carpenter DVDs for $10 each.
Just pisses me off being an artist ya know. But ya Indie labels are different, they know how to treat an artist.

moonsorrow
11-19-2003, 12:45 AM
depends on what country your in...a cd for 16 bucks here in norway? that must be something on sale, normal price is about 20...

but i guess we both agree on lables and such then...smart man.

Arioch
11-19-2003, 12:49 AM
Whoa $20 ?? damn thats hardcore. I couldnt afford that shit. Man Norway huh? whats it like there? Crazy music scene i bet

moonsorrow
11-19-2003, 01:19 AM
there is a reason the country is shaped like a guitar... its the country that invented death metal, with bands like dark throne and ulver (meaning wolves)
its a place where the metal stars hang out at the local metal bars, i for example hang out around the same bar galder and the mayhem people visit, its pretty cool to be able to sit down with one of your fav guitar players and get some inside information.
bigest country in the world if you like metal

Arioch
11-19-2003, 01:46 AM
Wow that sounds incredible.

moonsorrow
11-19-2003, 01:58 AM
it is... ask anyone who has the best black\death metal, if they know what they are takling about at all im sure the answer will be norway.

Arioch
11-19-2003, 02:08 AM
Id actually heard that before, when i was more into the small scene around here Norway was talk about alot.

moonsorrow
11-19-2003, 02:11 AM
the big bands arnt anny good, they are just big because someone heard theyr name after they had a hit and rumour spread

abbycomix
11-19-2003, 07:42 AM
I'm in an all girl punk band named Mz. Pakman and did a more electric recording project called Let's Audio. Info and MP3s are on these sites.

http://mzpakman.tripod.com

http://www.whimsyload.com/letsAudio/index.html

mudsliptones
11-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
Whoa $20 ?? damn thats hardcore. I couldnt afford that shit. Man Norway huh? whats it like there? Crazy music scene i bet

most albums in belgium cost about the same price
it's far to expensive, I mean, like the new machine head, okay, its about 50 min, theres a lim edition out, with more tracks, okay, I can pay that, but no way Im gonna spend 20 dollars on the new hatebreed for an album that lasts 36 minutes, it's really good, but not worth so much money

Arioch
11-19-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm in an all girl punk band named Mz. Pakman and did a more electric recording project called Let's Audio. Info and MP3s are on these sites

Thanks for the links and MP3s Abby im downloadin them now.

it's far to expensive, I mean, like the new machine head, okay, its about 50 min, theres a lim edition out, with more tracks, okay, I can pay that, but no way Im gonna spend 20 dollars on the new hatebreed for an album that lasts 36 minutes, it's really good, but not worth so much money

For real, I wouldnt have a problem paying that much for a 17 track cd with alot of good tracks, but now adays theyre all like 11-13 with like 1 decent song on there and the rest are just theyr to fill up space:rolleyes: what ever happened to the singles you used to be able to buy. Ah fuck it, Fuck the RIAA too, just download them.

Arioch
11-21-2003, 01:37 AM
So any other songwriters out there that want to plug their stuff? Any other cool mp3s ud like to share with the class???

mudsliptones
11-21-2003, 12:56 PM
here (http://users.pandora.be/Mudsliptones/Mudsliptones/instill%20-%20for%20friends%20and%20family.mp3)

here is the new version of our song, the vocals are to loud cause of amp probs, but this will be solved

Deamona
11-21-2003, 02:36 PM
Hail,

I used to be the writer and the singer of my former band, i cant say that i liked the mp3 you guys had, im mostly more.... metal i could say, plain pure heavy metal, or black metal , death metal, atmospheric, where from guys?

Arioch
11-21-2003, 02:51 PM
austin, tx here. The so called Live music capitol of the world.

mongoed
11-21-2003, 02:51 PM
welcome home Demona.

mongoed
11-21-2003, 02:52 PM
Forgive my spelling error Deamona.

Deamona
11-23-2003, 06:13 AM
im from greece, island crete, i like mostly b-movies, not "splatter" movies though :)

mongoed
11-23-2003, 10:59 AM
splatter movies have their place

Deamona
11-23-2003, 12:01 PM
not so much of a fan, but they are ok :)

Arioch
11-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Seems like we have alot of Death/Black metal fans here. I wonder if there's a correlation at work here.

Deamona
11-25-2003, 01:47 PM
personaly im more into 80's rock and power metal - epic metal - and classic heavy metal, also i like manson and murderdolls.....

Lycanthe
12-01-2003, 05:25 AM
Hmph;
Most of today's music seems to all sound alike. It's like some group gets a neat idea, it sells pretty good, and from then on they just keep rewriting that same song in different keys with different lyrics. Very little creativity.
Then all you guys that form bands start out writing stuff that sounds just like your favorite song or artist, and it just starts all over again...again, too little creativity.
Of course, the music industry isn't in the business of promoting creativity, they just want to make money, so that accounts for much of it. If your new song doesn't sound a lot like something that's already been a hit, they probably won't give you much of a shot at recording, so you'll have to kinda sell out if you wanna get popular.

I write music, but it doesn't sound like much of anything that's out there (or has ever been). That probably means no one will ever pay me a quarter to hear any of it, but that's OK, I like things that are fresh and untried, and I just do it for my own pleasure. Of course, there are many influences on what I play and write, but I don't try to sound like any of them. I have a friend named John, who says, "I'm me, and I can't be you, the world doesn't need another me or you, it already has them." Same thing with musicians; we don't need another Alice in Chains...we already have one and they're real good. Let's hear something FRESH!

Arioch
12-01-2003, 05:24 PM
Most of today's music seems to all sound alike. It's like some group gets a neat idea, it sells pretty good, and from then on they just keep rewriting that same song in different keys with different lyrics. Very little creativity.

For real, like pop/punk these days. Almost every local band ive heard can easily be classified as emo/poppunk or hardcore(deftones ripoff), no body tries to make original sounds anymore and true the record companies dont push for it either.

I personally like the idea of every one of my songs sounding so completely different that people cant tell its me. Im not that sucessfull at it yet tho. I still have alot of crutches i use when writing, i still have alot to learn as a songwriter. But everyday you can say your a better musician than the day before is a sucess right?

Lycanthe
12-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Absolutely right! Every song is a learning experience itself, and it adds something to the next one you write (if you let it, and resist the temptation to stagnate).

I guess I shouldn't be too hard on those who don't care and just want to make money, but I like to be able to feel something in a song that I have never felt, either melodically, harmonically, rhytmically, or any or all of those. If it's just the same elements that every other popular band is doing at the time, it's kind of like eating a plate of spaghetti versus a bowl of spaghettios; same stuff, just packaged and shaped differently.

That's why I tend to prefer older music. Seems like in the 60s, 70s and part of the 80s, musicians were really creative (even if I didn't necessarily like a song I could still admire its creativity). Somewhere in the mid eighties, it just kinda died.

Arioch
12-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Absolutely right! Every song is a learning experience itself, and it adds something to the next one you write (if you let it, and resist the temptation to stagnate).

Well said

I guess I shouldn't be too hard on those who don't care and just want to make money, but I like to be able to feel something in a song that I have never felt, either melodically, harmonically, rhytmically, or any or all of those. If it's just the same elements that every other popular band is doing at the time, it's kind of like eating a plate of spaghetti versus a bowl of spaghettios; same stuff, just packaged and shaped differently.

Exactly, i dont know, i dont think we're hard enough on them ya know. If more people actually thought about what cds they buy and what artist they support instead of just buying whatever MTV tells them i think we wouldnt be in this musical shithole the last 10 years have been. Wed actually have some creativity.

If i havent said so already welcome to the board Lycanthe, your signiture rocks. If more people heeded advice like that the world would be a much brighter place.

Lycanthe
12-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Yeah, you have a good point there. It's kind of screwy paying ten or fifteen bucks for a "new" CD that's really just the same old stuff rehashed. I could waste my money on better stuff than that.

And thanks for the welcome. I was digging around for some stuff about "The Ring" when I found it, and so far I think it's a gem.

Arioch
12-03-2003, 01:06 PM
Yeah, you have a good point there. It's kind of screwy paying ten or fifteen bucks for a "new" CD that's really just the same old stuff rehashed. I could waste my money on better stuff than that.

Hey im my audio 2 class we were talkin about what the new media will be after cds. And apperently they are developing a new cd called a SACD (super audio cd) that will sample about 1,000,000 times per second over the current cds 44.1 times per secound. On top of that it will also have a 44.1 layer so it will be backwards compatible with your old cd players. Sounds pretty crazy.

Nyx Lynk
12-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Evening all I write lyrics. Im not really great with the tuning but i write the lyrics and a few close friends of mine in my amateur band-FakeReality kinda work on it ourselves. May I ask Arioch, what was it that drew you to Manson's earlier works? I am more metal myself. i tend to stick to the classics though, Aerosmith, AC/DC, metallica, slayer Cannibal corpse. the old rock and metal stuff ya know?

Arioch
12-05-2003, 04:37 PM
May I ask Arioch, what was it that drew you to Manson's earlier works?

Sure man, i think Scott Putesky's guitar work is fucking amazing on that album. From the feedback to the insane harmonics he puts in while playing a normal blues riff. Just really inspires me to develop my own style ya know. Im an old school Cannibal Corpse fan aswell, long live "the bleeding" that album still fucking owns.

Hannibelle
12-08-2003, 03:36 PM
I write and sing songs in a group

Arioch
12-08-2003, 04:28 PM
I set up an ongoing thread for all our music projects in the music section. I figured since this one got so many responses and was in the New Members Section we should have a place in the music forum for us. Check it out if you havent already.

Arioch
12-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Since this thread is really all about our music projects, heres a plug of my bands new instrumentalNeverAgain(instr.) (http://www.texasmartialarts.net/longinus-neveragain_instro.mp3)

Hannibelle
12-08-2003, 11:04 PM
What kind of band is it?

Arioch
12-08-2003, 11:13 PM
Its a dark rock band and really thats the only way i can classify it. Our whole theme is chaos and the ability to go in any direction, so sometimes well have jazz in a song, or old blues with a gospel feal, or metallic rock, or grundge, or slow piano and gothic classical sounds. We slam it all together but the only thing in common is a dark almost horror spin on it all, but we're not comedic, we're all about emotion. Its sounds confusing but it really works out thats y its hard for people to classify us.

Thx for the intrest hannibelle, the ONLY thing that makes a band anything are its fans. Thats the biggest thing with us.

Hannibelle
12-08-2003, 11:17 PM
Sounds WICKED to me ....

Hannibelle
12-08-2003, 11:27 PM
I LISTENED TO THAT MUSIC FROM THELINK ON THE OTHER POST THAT WAS WICKED ..... YOU''LL MAKE BIG BUCKS

Arioch
12-08-2003, 11:45 PM
Sounds WICKED to me ....

Thanx alot. Seriously we are ALL about our fans, when we get a website for the NEW band we will post poetry, art, lyrics, AND pictures of our fans. Along with a message board and constant feedback. I want the fans to be a member of the band, and not in some clitched sense of hometown glory, i want them integrated from the begining to the very end. Im just really passionate about that, i hate seeing bands that get huge and then piss all over their fans (and their fans love them anyway).

Perfect example of this is TOOL, i fucking cant STAND it when manard plays with his back to the crowd, then he blows off fans, wont even talk to you if you go back stage they just act so high and mighty and they wouldnt be ANYWHERE if it wasnt for their fans, thats complete ignorance to me.

I have felt what it is like when you stand in front of a crowd and sing your heart and soul out, your full emotions, praying to GOD your not rejected......and then.......you hear the crowd singing. You hear them singing YOUR lyrics. Lyrics you wrote for your own reasons and they know them, they feal them. They identify with them enough to know every word. That is better than any drug, that is godlike power, and soooo many bands take it for granted.

Hannibelle
12-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Sonds cool to me!

Arioch
12-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Any of you new members songwriters? Im seein alot of new faces around here since the freddyfan incident.

frantic359
12-19-2003, 06:14 PM
hey everyone! i'm new to this forum so i don't know if i'm using it correctly. i'm not used to this forum setup. anyway, i see there is a lot of musicians and music lovers on this forum. i'm in a heavy metal band and our sound is kind of like a combo of pantera, killswitch engage, and old metallica. anyway, if anyone has a question or a reply to this message, just write back! thanks

Arioch
12-20-2003, 01:24 PM
hey everyone! i'm new to this forum so i don't know if i'm using it correctly. i'm not used to this forum setup. anyway, i see there is a lot of musicians and music lovers on this forum. i'm in a heavy metal band and our sound is kind of like a combo of pantera, killswitch engage, and old metallica. anyway, if anyone has a question or a reply to this message, just write back! thanks

Hey im interested fanatic. You got any mp3's online or any way for us to hear some of your shit? sounds like a pretty nice combination of influences.

frantic359
12-21-2003, 04:52 PM
not yet man, sorry. but i will tell you this, after we get mp3's, my cousin(the other guitar player in the band) are going to post on all of the forums that we visit, and post a time and place where everyone can hear a couple of our songs. we thought the world needs a an amazing shock every once in a while. i will keep everyone up to date when the time gets near. thanks!

Lycanthe
12-24-2003, 06:16 AM
Let's see, influences. I think most music today is about as mindless and copy-catted as a pile of dead leaves.

My main influences are the result of listening to (and enjoying) ALL music. I know a lot of people say that, but most really only listen to a very narrow slice of what's out there.

What I write is in some part influenced by the following bands/artists...

Earth, Wind & Fire, Led Zeppelin, Three Dog Night, the Beatles, Stevie Wonder, Hank Williams, Jr., Alice in Chains, Prince, Metallica, Beethoven, Duke Ellington, Alabama, George Clinton, Styx, Rush, Dave Brubeck, Stanley Clark, whoever wrote Amazing Grace, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Clint Black, Cab Calloway, Aretha Franklin...and those are just the ones I could come up with off the top of my head.

The point is, everything I have ever heard and really enjoyed gives me a certain amount of inspiration that goes, along with a HEALTHY dose of my own imagination, into every composition I put together. So, while what I write may be influenced by many others, it probably doesn't sound anything like any of them...and that's a good thing. We already have a Metallica, so why did we need a Godsmack??? We already had Prince, so why did we need "Ready for the World"??? I get sick of bands working their tails off trying to do no more than sound like some other band. :mad: What's the point? Give us something really NEW!!!

Oh, well, that's my soapbox speech for the week. BTW, don't have any MP3's yet, but maybe I'll put a few together in the near future.

Arioch
12-24-2003, 01:54 PM
for real on the bands all sounding the same these days. Look at "EMO" and all this pop punk bullshit like Trapt, Goodcharlotte, Save the day, its all the fucking same. I cant fucking stand the lack of inspiration and creativity put into music these days.

But I guess its our job to change that right?

Lycanthe
12-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Absolutely! Although if we change it TOO much we'll have to do a Frank Zappa and release it on our own labels. The Record Companies won't touch us! :D

Arioch
12-26-2003, 02:36 PM
LMAO record companies wont touch me anyway:D

Arioch
01-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that Bunn100's movie is really coming along.

We have a writer working on the script and i have just finished the opening credits' music. I dont have the software to make it a mp3 on my parents shitty comp but when i get back home ill post it so everyone can hear.

cheebacheeba
01-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Thanks 4 the suggestion Arioch.... just getting the word out about a friends band, Australia based industrial/dark metal outfit called NewProject....they seriously rock baby...go have a look at their site, all of ya : www.newprojectonline.com and have a look and listen...

Arioch
01-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Hey this is a song i just put together for bloodrayne since she is feeling down:( I just kinda put it together fast since i was inspired and fucking around with the ol' guitar, so dont rip on me too bad for the compression and mix, i just wanted to get it on here.

Tell me what you guys think.

Silk & Stringwebs (http://www.texasmartialarts.net/longinus-noodle.mp3)

Digital Murders
01-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Sorry I came a little late on this thread.

I have written so much shit. Not only for guitar, but lyric wise too...especially lyrically.

Influences
Opeth, Cradle Of Filth, Arch Enemy and Meshuggah.

wayne
01-16-2004, 01:48 AM
i dont write lyrics, but i am in a band and i do write music, our main influences are metallica, pantera, berzerker, things like that.

Arioch
01-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Nice influences guys, Im a HUGE pantera fan, and just recently got onto Opeth who definitly own too.

I have heard cradle of filth, theyr alright, a little to gothic for me. I like my death metal a little more raw (cannibal corpse, six feet under, etc.)

Nice to see more songwriters/ Lyricists on the board.

cheebacheeba
01-16-2004, 03:38 PM
When drunk friends vomit....I laugh at them....

Arioch
01-16-2004, 03:46 PM
When drunk friends vomit....I laugh at them....

And then theres that....:confused:

cheebacheeba
01-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Also, when my ferrets bite me, I bite them back....then they bite my ears, GODDAMN LIL MONKEYZ!!!

cheebacheeba
01-16-2004, 03:50 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

Digital Murders
01-16-2004, 03:57 PM
Cheeba, you noticed how you always seem to be the source of spam? Then you made that topic complaining about it?

Yeah, shut up.

I believe I like Cannible Corpse better than Cradle, but I heard Cradle first, therefore my influence.

cheebacheeba
01-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey digitalmurders, notice how I never much give a fuck what you say either....so you can go right the fuck ahead and suck yo daddys balls, biatch....

Digital Murders
01-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Hey digitalmurders, notice how I never much give a fuck what you say either....so you can go right the fuck ahead and suck yo daddys balls, biatch....

Right back at ya hypocrite.

cheebacheeba
01-16-2004, 04:04 PM
How am I a hypocrite?? I rip into useless threads, not useless posts....I quiet like useless posts, they add freshness baby....so,
eat me, you ignorant peice o' dust....