PDA

View Full Version : Cause for concern?

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-22-2005, 05:28 PM
I was just taking a shower and blood started coming out of my nose. Like, quite a bit of it. After a couple minutes of sniffling it seems to have stopped. Anyway, I don't pick my nose (never did...)and I don't have any allergies or anything.

should I be worried or do random heavy nosebleeds just happen?

Iniquity
02-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
I was just taking a shower and blood started coming out of my nose. Like, quite a bit of it. After a couple minutes of sniffling it seems to have stopped. Anyway, I don't pick my nose (never did...)and I don't have any allergies or anything.

sounds like someone is cutting their coke with baking soda:D

Iniquity
02-22-2005, 05:35 PM
but seriously, it could be all kinds of things, from a sinus infection, or an allergy you arent aware of. What kind of heat do you have in your home? I hear electric heat is really dry and causes that with some people, especially if you do the majority of your breathing through your nose. Yeah I know we all breath through our nose, lol, but I mean like they say inhale through nose, exhale through mouth, etc, etc. some people just primarily breath through their nose, those that breath through their mouth alot are prone to heavily chapped lips etc.

just a hunch. I'd keep an eye on it and if it happens again soon, might want to see a doc to check it out.

aborted
02-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Iniquity
sounds like someone is cutting their coke with baking soda:D

yeah id lay off that shit if i were you

friday13thfan
02-22-2005, 05:36 PM
um a im not sure but nose bleedss are nothing to worry about un less it was pouring out really hast and about near a pint came out then you should be worried. if not then your ok but if it happens again soon a visit to a doc would not hurt

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Iniquity
but seriously, it could be all kinds of things, from a sinus infection, or an allergy you arent aware of. What kind of heat do you have in your home? I hear electric heat is really dry and causes that with some people, especially if you do the majority of your breathing through your nose. Yeah I know we all breath through our nose, lol, but I mean like they say inhale through nose, exhale through mouth, etc, etc. some people just primarily breath through their nose, those that breath through their mouth alot are prone to heavily chapped lips etc.

just a hunch. I'd keep an eye on it and if it happens again soon, might want to see a doc to check it out.

I don't think it has to do with the heat because it's never happened before (I think we have propane heating) And no baking powder going up there either. :D

I guess I'll just wait and see if it happens again.

ChEEbA
02-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Relax...
I've woken up before, and had my nose start bleeding allover my pillow, and yes, a lot of blood.
I have also suffered nosebleeds with sudden temperature changes too. Heat isn't good.
Sometimes it's shit in the air, like yknow plant pollen n stuff...allergies.
Or, if you're sniffing some kinda illicit substance, it could always be that.

If you're in relatively good health otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much, unless it's happening more and more frequently or something?
In that case, talk to a doctor.

- B.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ChEEbA
Relax...
I've woken up before, and had my nose start bleeding allover my pillow, and yes, a lot of blood.
I have also suffered nosebleeds with sudden temperature changes too. Heat isn't good.
Sometimes it's shit in the air, like yknow plant pollen n stuff...allergies.
Or, if you're sniffing some kinda illicit substance, it could always be that.

A very helpful. So it would just be standard stuff whether it was something in the air, illicit substance whatever? ok cool. :cool:

Gren the cake
02-22-2005, 06:11 PM
when the vessle breaks is when it bleeds.. odds are ur nostrils is just dry.

the vessels are dry, u bump it and BAM! them shits will bleed a lot

i havent had a nosebleed in years.. id say at least 6. my neighbor is a surgeon and told me about that, said that her husband puts vaseline in his nostrils to keep em moist. he just uses his fingers, but i use a q tip LOL

:) but ya....

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Gren the cake

i havent had a nosebleed in years.. id say at least 6.

yeah, I don't usually get nosebleeds which is why I found it weird. I can't remember it ever bleeding other than getting hit with something. :D

Marroe
02-23-2005, 12:39 AM
I sometimes get them on rollercoasters.....don't really think that has any realivance...just though I'd jump in too

ChEEbA
02-23-2005, 12:44 AM
^^
The sudden pressure change thing, like with the temperature, yknow?

Oh and MD, if it IS that you've been sniffing something, lay off it for a while and see your doctor, ok?

urgeok
02-23-2005, 02:35 AM
good rule of thumb .. dont put shit up your nose unless you're trying to cure a cold.

sorry - being a dad again.

fannyface
02-23-2005, 03:30 AM
'tis the devil I tell ye

GorePhobia
02-23-2005, 04:29 AM
yeah i get them once in a blue moon...it is the tempature change....no big deal....if it does happen again tho, just ask a doctor to be safe....

last bad move
02-23-2005, 04:36 AM
its rare that i get bloody noses but when i do its just random i usely hadnt done anything to make it bleed so i wouldnt be to worried think of the brightside at least you where in the shower instead of the kitchen table at thanksgiving dinner

ShankS
02-23-2005, 04:57 AM
I get nose bleeds now and then.... normaly when I'm not getting enough sleep or pushing myself to much.

fannyface
02-23-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
I get nose bleeds now and then.... normaly when I'm not getting enough sleep or pushing myself to much.

don't you mean pulling yourself too much

newb
02-23-2005, 10:04 AM
NOSEBLEEDS....I just got back from getting a physical,and when you get a certain age..........lets just say I'm standing up to type this.:eek:

urgeok
02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by newb
NOSEBLEEDS....I just got back from getting a physical,and when you get a certain age..........lets just say I'm standing up to type this.:eek:

did you at least get a kiss and some flowers ? :)

ShankS
02-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by fannyface
don't you mean pulling yourself too much

no push.

I've got that set of Top Trump cards... the Monster ones.... with 'Death' and 'Thor'.

aborted
02-23-2005, 05:14 PM

your going to die

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by aborted
your going to die

Of course I am. Got any more predictions, Nostradamus?

aborted
02-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Of course I am. Got any more predictions, Nostradamus?

actually thats an ongoing joke with me and a friend, predictions like miss cleo "you will be happy today" , " you will get a job again".......if you would like one of these amazing predictions call me now 1-888-66766

Elvis_Christ
02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
I've never had a bleeding nose before.... I feel left out :(

IDrinkYourBlood
02-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
I've never had a bleeding nose before.... I feel left out :( Awww well lemme help *clenches fist*

LilMissScareAll
03-02-2005, 07:14 PM
I used to get alot of nosebleeds when I was younger

ItsAlive75
03-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah but when your nose bleeds heavily like that for no reason, it either means you do a lot of cocaine or you have a blood clot or something in your head... both causes for concern.