PDA

View Full Version : Think back...

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-22-2005, 01:20 PM
When I'm around someone, I automatically start talking dirty in my head. It started when I was really young and was pretty sure a few people could actually read minds, so whenever I was around people I'd say "blank blank blank" over and over in my head to keep me from thinking evil thoughts. I remember going to the mall and just being like "blank blank blank blank" the whole time.

I still do the same kind of thing today, except I no longer believe in the ability to read minds. Instead of saying "blank blank blank" I start thinking the dirtiest shit imaginable, it doesn't even matter who it is. Like I'll be in the elevator and some fat guy will get on. I'll be like "I wonder if he can read my mind? and then the dirty mindedness just kicks in like it were automatic, some of the stuff isn't even stuff I'd normally think up. Then sometimes I'll get a look and I'm like "Fuck, did I say that last bit outloud?"

When I was younger, after hearing that story of the escaped killler who licked the girls hands in her bed I couldn't let a finger or a toe leave the bed. I used to try and get over it by hanging my hand down, but I'd never last longer than a few seconds. I could never sleep with my closet open either, partially due to my older brother hiding in them one night and throwing them open :mad:

So what fears did you have as a kid? How did you get them and how did you deal with them? Do any of them effect anything you do today in the slightest bit? phew long post. :D

Marroe
02-22-2005, 01:35 PM
I've always been afraid of trains...Have no idea why either, as far as I know it's always been there. When I was a kid it got so bad when I'd hear a train I'd have a panic attack. This is why I now live in the city. There are trains here, but not so close to me. I also remember having a recurring dream.....Me and this old man were walking together up a hill, and when we got to the top, out of nowhere I could hear and feel a train go by but there was nothing there. When it was over I turned around and the old man was gone. The dream changed from time to time, but I still never actually saw a train.

urgeok
02-22-2005, 01:37 PM
i cant remember too many fears from my kid days ..

then again it was so long ago i can barely remember anything.
I remember being afraid of the dark, i remember nightmares of a giant 'godzilla like' monster ravaging our town and eventually knowing i was in our house - in the bathroom, in the laundry hamper. as if ...

i remember nightmares about my mother biting my fingers off (paging dr freud...)

I believe that when i was confirmed and as a result totally stopped beleiving in any kind of god..etc .. i lost all fear of everything ... but heights.

Once you stop believing in a 'supreme being' everything else falls into place ... there is nothing to be afraid of other than some asshole running his car into you while trying to dial a cell phone .. shit like that ...

and even then, if you let those kinds of things get to you, you'll never leave the house.

I guess its safe to say that i fear nothing illogical.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
I also remember having a recurring dream.....Me and this old man were walking together up a hill, and when we got to the top, out of nowhere I could hear and feel a train go by but there was nothing there. When it was over I turned around and the old man was gone. The dream changed from time to time, but I still never actually saw a train.

I used to have a recurring dream about going in to my bathroom and coughing up blood. It wasn't just a little bit of blood, it was more like vomitting blood almost. I still have nightmares all the time but none as terrifying as those ones were to me, they way too real.

AUSTIN316426808
02-22-2005, 01:51 PM
I was never really afraid of anything that I can remember except for the woods but then I got over that pretty quickly because I always used to visit my grandfather in the woods.

as for right now I really don't have any fears I'm not trying to sound like a badass or anything but even though I'm still young I've been through some messed up stuff so I think that's why nothing really bothers me but being young also means that I haven't been through everything so it could change.

ItsAlive75
02-22-2005, 02:07 PM
I used to be afraid of large pools of standing water (bathtub, pool, etc.) until I was about 10 or 11. Drowning was the scariest way to die to me.

ShankS
02-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
When I'm around someone, I automatically start talking dirty in my head. It started when I was really young and was pretty sure a few people could actually read minds, so whenever I was around people I'd say "blank blank blank" over and over in my head to keep me from thinking evil thoughts. I remember going to the mall and just being like "blank blank blank blank" the whole time.

drink copious amounts of expressos and I get like this, the caffene messes with my mind and I get very fidgety and anxious. Since I'm not drinking booze now, I've started drinking a lot more lavazza, too much infact that I have to piss a lot more...caffene is a duretic. I've just 5 minutes ago drunk another one, the big problem is, I use one of those stove top expresso pots, which holds enough coffee and water for three people drinking from a small expresso cup... I pour the whole lot into a mug, add some brown sugar and a dash of milk.

Hate_Breeder
02-22-2005, 02:46 PM
So, wait...if i was just standing next to you...would you think "dirty" thoughts like sex wise or like killing me, dirty?

AmarylandPsycho
02-22-2005, 02:50 PM
When I was little I was scared of this goat man who live by the railroad tracks and played the violin and lured children to their deaths.....also Godzilla

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
So, wait...if i was just standing next to you...would you think "dirty" thoughts like sex wise or like killing me, dirty?

Sexwise. Come to think of it, sometimes it is evil thoughts. The main thing is that the sexual or evil thoughts aren't real, it's like I automatically make fake thoughts for the mind readers that I don't even believe in. For this reason (along with others) I think I could be perfectly content gloating in space alone for eternity, I can amuse myself fairly well . :p

My grandparents both think out loud though, so I'm afraid of problems that could come out of this. :D

Sedated_replica
02-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
Sexwise. Come to think of it, sometimes it is evil thoughts.

Fuck thats hot.

You could be standing next too a girl that is "thinking" about fucking you're brains out and we'll never know...

I wish life was like that Mel Gibson movie....

knee jerk
02-23-2005, 12:27 AM
I've always feared losing a limb.
When I was a child I once dreamt that my Dad was a criminal and when he was finally confronted by ....some guy.....I don't know who he was but they fought and my Dad got his ass kicked and then the guy hacked off my Dad's foot with his bare hand.
Isn't that horrible? Still makes me freak to think about it.

Also, up until about maybe '89 I was scared to death of nuclear war. I had many nightmares about that, some even into the 90's but I was no longer paralyzed by my fear by then. Goddamn Ronald Reagan, terrorizing my dreams with his anti-communist rhetoric.

GorePhobia
02-23-2005, 04:38 AM
my fears were of big tractor trailers....two of them almost turnt in the same lane of the highway as my mom when i was 6...sacred me shitless....been afraid of them on the highway ever since...

ShankS
02-23-2005, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by GorePhobia
my fears were of big tractor trailers....two of them almost turnt in the same lane of the highway as my mom when i was 6...sacred me shitless....been afraid of them on the highway ever since...

talking of tractor trailers, I went on a school trip to a farm. We were all eating lunch and messing about, and I smashed my head on the edge of the rusty wheel arch thing on this trailer. I wasn't very tall at the time and it was one of those arch things that stuck out over the big wheels. splatter everwhere and got carted off to hospital and had my cranial plates bolted back together.....

thats last bit was dramatisation btw ;)

urgeok
02-23-2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
talking of tractor trailers, I went on a school trip to a farm. We were all eating lunch and messing about, and I smashed my head on the edge of the rusty wheel arch thing on this trailer. I wasn't very tall at the time and it was one of those arch things that stuck out over the big wheels. splatter everwhere and got carted off to hospital and had my cranial plates bolted back together.....

thats last bit was dramatisation btw ;)

the last bit was the only part of the story i believed :D

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
Fuck thats hot.

You could be standing next too a girl that is "thinking" about fucking you're brains out and we'll never know...

I wish life was like that Mel Gibson movie....

I'm not sure I'd want to be able to read minds. It would be good in some ways. Like figuring out the answers to questions before asking them would save some possible embarassment at times, but I'm sure all the hurtful thoughts would make it not worth it.

friday13thfan
02-23-2005, 11:37 AM
when i was about 5-9 i had a fear of heights. i would be in an apartment building on the highest or at least close to it floor and i would be fine, but then i would look out the window and bam i would start feeling nausea and i occasionally threw up.

now heights are nothing to me:D