PDA

View Full Version : A Thought

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-21-2005, 02:47 PM
You know how you can become attracted to someone once you get to know them because you've "fallen in love" with thier personality? I was just wondering if it worked both ways. Say you saw someone who would classify as your dream girl or guy in the looks department, do you think that you could find yourself liking their ugly personality? Is it possible for things you would find ugly in a personality to be overturned like it is the other way around?

Discuss.

Za'afiel
02-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
You know how you can become attracted to someone once you get to know them because you've "fallen in love" with thier personality? I was just wondering if it worked both ways. Say you saw someone who would classify as your dream girl or guy in the looks department, do you think that you could find yourself liking their ugly personality? Is it possible for things you would find ugly in a personality to be overturned like it is the other way around?

Discuss.

Me and my gf.. aren't very nice looking just normal in loved people. Well I had allways had high standars. I allways looked for a stunning beautifull woman. Until I meet my gf and I fell in love. Then I noticed that what really counts is on the inside. Too me most people who like each other IGNORE there bad habbits or errors. In order too force one self too like 'em. But thats my opinion.

Iniquity
02-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Good question, a lot of times however, if it looks like a bitch, walks like a bitch and talks like a bitch, its a bitch. No matter how badly you want it to work, or how much love you may have, some things are just hard to ignore. Its not like someone who snores, or can belch the alphabet at the worst of times. Everyone enjoys beauty, but realisticly not everyone can attain it, usually spending life in a shallow existence, and missing out on someone that could be a true, give em a kidney love.

Za'afiel
02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Iniquity
Good question, a lot of times however, if it looks like a bitch, walks like a bitch and talks like a bitch, its a bitch. No matter how badly you want it to work, or how much love you may have, some things are just hard to ignore. Its not like someone who snores, or can belch the alphabet at the worst of times. Everyone enjoys beauty, but realisticly not everyone can attain it, usually spending life in a shallow existence, and missing out on someone that could be a true, give em a kidney love.

Very poetic. One question tho whats "Kidney Love"?

Iniquity
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Za'afiel
Very poetic. One question tho whats "Kidney Love"?

If Im giving up an organ, bet your ass I'd better love them.

Za'afiel
02-21-2005, 03:43 PM
If Im giving up an organ, bet your ass I'd better love them.

Aye very true. Who would you give one too? Me personally my gf,mom,dad or a close friend.

Discuss

Iniquity
02-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Aye very true. Who would you give one too? Me personally my gf,mom,dad or a close friend.

Discuss

my daughter, or my ex, and perhaps one other lil one ;) if it matched.

Za'afiel
02-21-2005, 04:09 PM
my daughter, or my ex, and perhaps one other lil one ;) if it matched.

True. Kids are the only thing that are good in this god forsakken earth.

Iniquity
02-21-2005, 04:16 PM

VERY VERY TRUE, unconditional love, and not afraid of anything, until fucked up adults make them that way.

Za'afiel
02-21-2005, 04:19 PM
VERY VERY TRUE, unconditional love, and not afraid of anything, until fucked up adults make them that way.

Thats why when I have a child. He/she will be my world. If anyone ever layed a finger on him/her god help him or her. Cause I won't.

urgeok
02-21-2005, 06:35 PM

Discuss.

not much to discuss ..
I've broken up with some insanely beautiful girls when i realized that all they were .. beautiful on the surface.
And thats not even someone with an 'ugly' personality - i wouldnt go near someone with an ugly personality.

I can fall in 'like' with someones looks .. but there has to be a beautiful personality for me to fall in love.

end of story

urgeok
02-21-2005, 06:36 PM
and yeah as far as my kid goes .. i'd stop a bullet for him without hesitation.
and if anyone ever laid a hand on him .. they'd never find the body.

ChEEbA
02-21-2005, 06:45 PM
I don't think it can work the other way around.
I mean, I agree...if somebody looks like a train wreck, it would take one hell of a special connection to get past that - but...it CAN happen - I mean, take vodstok for instance, he's practically the posterboy :D

If you've come to love somebodies personality, you can accept their other flaws, but what that comes down to as your overall perception of the person as a package, and the visual is not a huge part of that when you think about it.

If you find a person deadset attractive, then it's all good, sure, but eventually, if there's no kind of connection with their personality, if they were completely selfish, or abusive...etc...what then?
It's like this - some flowers may look beautiful, but they'll still TASTE poisonous, it's just what they are.
Go back to basics...lets say you had no sight...what would you rely on to choose a partner?

I mean, those that are not very pleasing to the eye would probably do well to make up for it with a great personality, but a "perfect" looking person can't really make up for a lousy personality with anything more than their looks, can they?
Looks can only get so "good", but a personality, and a connection with someone can go beyond almost any other aspect in life...
I guess it essentially depends on the person who would be involved with them, and the things they feel they can accept.

In my opinion,
An ongoing relationship can only be based on something more than physical...if not, it's just an infatuation...but in my experience, if it's about personality and the connection you have with eachother, that's all that matters to you...

urgeok
02-21-2005, 06:49 PM
^^^^

i've known people who looked average at first until i got to know them - then all of a sudden you start to notice how beautiful they are and wondered why you didnt see it before..

they way they smile or laugh .. etc ..

it can definately work the other way.

we all do have standards set deep inside us for what we find EXTREMELY unattractive and sometimes there is nothing that can get past that - at least on a sexual level..

i have no set standards for what i find attractive ..except personality wise.

majorbludd
02-21-2005, 07:12 PM

Discuss. hell no...if someones a drag there a fuckin' drag for life.....people don't change much....you can base a relationship on shallow shit but eventually one of yous will sober up...than its back to reality.

AmarylandPsycho
02-21-2005, 08:08 PM
I would say no.....heres my reasoning a lot of things I think I dont like about a person are just my perceptions of them..... Whether or not the girl is mean or materialistic or snobby or fill in the blank I always seem to attribute these qualities to good looking ladies before I get to know them. Once I get drawn to them If the attitude is not there I can't hang. I should say I wont hang.....The chum can draw me in but im not bittin the hook

Marroe
02-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by ChEEbA
I don't think it can work the other way around.
I mean, I agree...if somebody looks like a train wreck, it would take one hell of a special connection to get past that - but...it CAN happen - I mean, take vodstok for instance, he's practically the posterboy :D

If you've come to love somebodies personality, you can accept their other flaws, but what that comes down to as your overall perception of the person as a package, and the visual is not a huge part of that when you think about it.

If you find a person deadset attractive, then it's all good, sure, but eventually, if there's no kind of connection with their personality, if they were completely selfish, or abusive...etc...what then?
It's like this - some flowers may look beautiful, but they'll still TASTE poisonous, it's just what they are.
Go back to basics...lets say you had no sight...what would you rely on to choose a partner?

I mean, those that are not very pleasing to the eye would probably do well to make up for it with a great personality, but a "perfect" looking person can't really make up for a lousy personality with anything more than their looks, can they?
Looks can only get so "good", but a personality, and a connection with someone can go beyond almost any other aspect in life...
I guess it essentially depends on the person who would be involved with them, and the things they feel they can accept.

In my opinion,
An ongoing relationship can only be based on something more than physical...if not, it's just an infatuation...but in my experience, if it's about personality and the connection you have with eachother, that's all that matters to you...
BOOYAH!

Sedated_replica
02-21-2005, 08:31 PM

Discuss.

When someone has a bad personality, it makes me dislike them even more.

Even a nice person can still have a bad personality, because they're not honest.

I'm not a pretty person and I look as common as they come (I think).

I believe when a person is REALLY good looking they don't live in the same reality common people live in. They can't relate

AUSTIN316426808
02-22-2005, 06:10 AM
I think the best relationships come from friendships because it's usually because you like the person and not the looks. For example if you just meet someone in a bar,resturant ect. the first thing you're going on is the way the person looks but when you're friends with somebody you could care less how they look then you get to know them and you start liking them because of their personality instead of looks.

AUSTIN316426808
02-22-2005, 06:15 AM

as for the this discussion...

I don't have a kid yet but I'd kill for my nephew so it goes without saying that when I have a kid if anybody lays a hand on him/her that would be the end of their exsistence.

LilMissScareAll
03-03-2005, 12:19 PM
No. I could never be "in love" with someone with a bad personality...well unless they only showed their bad personality towards everyone except me...which is doubtful. But I've never been in love with anybody and I never expect to be, anyway.

Hate_Breeder
03-03-2005, 12:23 PM

Discuss.

Nope. Im thinking a girl with only good looks, but without anything else, would be worth a one night stand. I mean if i found the most beautiful girl in the world, theres more than a chance i wouldnt get a long with her.

urgeok
03-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by LilMissScareAll
No. I could never be "in love" with someone with a bad personality...well unless they only showed their bad personality towards everyone except me...which is doubtful. But I've never been in love with anybody and I never expect to be, anyway.

not me ..

i go by a standard :

if someone is nice to me, but shitty to a waiter .. does that make them a good person ?

nope it makes them an asshole .. i hate assholes.

Angra
03-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
not me ..

i go by a standard :

if someone is nice to me, but shitty to a waiter .. does that make them a good person ?

Sooo.... How many of your friends lives up to your standards, Urge?

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-03-2005, 12:40 PM
You guys kind of missed the actual question. (just barely though :p) I mean its more like you meet your dream person and find out he/she is an asshole to everybody else except you. Do you think it's possible to start liking someone's bad traits after falling in love with their looks? I'm not talking about a shallowness and airheadness. One example (think of others too) is someone who is mean and sadistic whne it comes to other people, but is fine with you.

urgeok
03-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Angra
Sooo.... How many of your friends lives up to your standards, Urge?

all of them ...obviously.

(if you think about it - that was a dumb question)

urgeok
03-03-2005, 12:42 PM
You guys kind of missed the actual question. (just barely though :p) I mean its more like you meet your dream person and find out he/she is an asshole to everybody else except you. Do you think it's possible to start liking someone's bad traits after falling in love with their looks? I'm not talking about a shallowness and airheadness. One example (think of others too) is someone who is mean and sadistic whne it comes to other people, but is fine with you.

and the answer is no ....

i want to be with someone i can go out in public with.
no matter how good the sex is .. sooner or later
you're going to have to go out and deal with other humans.
I dont want to be with someone who would be a complete
embarrasment via her behavior. who could deal with that ?

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-03-2005, 12:43 PM

but when they both die you're going to be sorry. :p I cut friends out like nobody's business too actually. :D

AUSTIN316426808
03-03-2005, 12:44 PM

I don't think I could like anybody who's just good to me and mean to everybody else ecspecially if you use the words ''mean and sadistic'' I don't want to have anything to do with someone who's mean and sadistic to other people whether I'm one of 'em or not.

LilMissScareAll
03-03-2005, 12:45 PM
not me ..

i go by a standard :

maybe so...but as long as they're nice to me, it wouldn't really make a difference(to me)...and well they'd have to treat my family decent too. but i dont care how they treat some random waiter...besides, what if the waiter deserves it? :p

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-03-2005, 12:47 PM
maybe so...but as long as they're nice to me, it wouldn't really make a difference(to me)...and well they'd have to treat my family decent too. but i dont care how they treat some random waiter...besides, what if the waiter deserves it? :p

That's how I feel too.

urgeok
03-03-2005, 12:48 PM
actually i have a lot of friends .. some from work, some from various sports, some from the past - some that were neighbours .. but I only hang with people who are nice decent people..i value the quality of 'niceness' over all others - i can't tolerate assholes.

I'd take a simple nice person over a brilliant asshole anyday.

urgeok
03-03-2005, 12:50 PM

well, i'm obviously talking about someone who doesnt deserve it but i think you know that.

how someone treasts a random waiter, server, clerk .. means everything to me...

Angra
03-03-2005, 12:52 PM

I don´t think so.

Just about all my friends have flaws that goes against my morales or ethics, but that´s not a problem for me because it´s people i just see occasionally. It would be a bigger problem with a girlfriend that i was attached to. Know what i mean?

urgeok
03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Angra
I don´t think so.

Just about all my friends have flaws that goes against my morales or ethics, but that´s not a problem for me because it´s people i just see occasionally. It would be a bigger problem with a girlfriend that i was attached to. Know what i mean?

i had just stated that i dont like people who dont 'live up to my expectations' so i wouldnt be friends with someone i dont like, so by that logic ... all my friends would 'live up to my expectations'

Angra
03-03-2005, 01:04 PM
i had just stated that i dont like people who dont 'live up to my expectations' so i wouldnt be friends with someone i dont like, so by that logic ... all my friends would 'live up to my expectations'

Yeah well, But it sounds just a little....... Well..... Harsh.:(