PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember "Goosebumps?"

The Mothman
02-20-2005, 01:19 PM
I watched this show when i was little, and I remember it used to scare me. i watch it now, and realized how terribly fake it was. I guess when I was little I never noticed the bouncing rubber costumes. I still find it fun to watch because of how corny it is.

allmykids
02-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by The Mothman
I watched this show when i was little, and I remember it used to scare me. i watch it now, and realized how terribly fake it was. I guess when I was little I never noticed the bouncing rubber costumes. I still find it fun to watch because of how corny it is.

I Watched them with my kids. It was a fun family thing to do!!

Sedated_replica
02-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Goosebumps ROCKS! R.L Stine

The STE
02-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
R.L Stine sucks, can't write, and is probably a pedophile

I finished your sentence for you

Sedated_replica
02-20-2005, 11:37 PM
haha. thats something I might of typed but I grew up with goosebumps. It paved my way into horror. So R.L Stine is fine with me

The real answer is does anyone remember
"Fear street"? a knock off of goosebumps

The Mothman
02-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
haha. thats something I might of typed but I grew up with goosebumps. It paved my way into horror. So R.L Stine is fine with me

The real answer is does anyone remember
"Fear street"? a knock off of goosebumps

Yes same here. I grew up with him aswell.

I do remember Fear Street, it was basically the excact same thing as goosebumps. I think I still have my goosebumps books collection. I have like 50 or 60 of them. Man, what a hard working man he was. So many books.

AUSTIN316426808
02-22-2005, 07:13 AM
I used to like Goosebumps, I might still have a few of the books my favorite was the one with the swamp monster.

babygirl20
02-22-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by The Mothman

I remember them man!! I used to read them books all the time when i was a wee tot!! My favorite one was that "Werewolf of Fever Swamp"! It kicked ass!!:D :cool:

The Mothman
02-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by babygirl20
I remember them man!! I used to read them books all the time when i was a wee tot!! My favorite one was that "Werewolf of Fever Swamp"! It kicked ass!!:D :cool:

hmmmmmmm. . . . My favorite was prolly that one about that blob. that was funny. or those moster blood ones.

ChEEbA
02-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Was there a show called "The nightmare room" or some shit ilke that?
I remember seeing an episode of whatever I'm talking about with one of the brothers from malcolm in the middle in it? It seemed kinda a bit more intense than the rl stine show...

I did catch a few Goosebumps, my little brother liked 'em. I remember something about an evil dummy? and a mask?
The only one I remember clearly that I quite liked was more like a sci-fi thing...some kid went to a camp, and various fucked up things kept happening to his friends and camp councellors? One drowned, the other got attacked and killed by some animal, one got poisoned think....and at the end, when everyone was dead, they all came out and said it was just a test, and that he was selected to go on the mission to a planet they'd found...and when you see the planet theyre referring to, it's Earth?
Sure the idea has been done countless times, including in a pepsi commercial that came out at roughly the same time, but I enjoyed this one.

tom-tom
02-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Goosebumbs was my introduction to horror when i was five...it was that one about some garden gnomes that came too live...fucking crazy, but fun!

_Leatha_Face_
02-24-2005, 09:47 AM
saw 1 movie that was it.......but i read about 30 books lol

Marroe
02-27-2005, 01:18 AM
I think I've read all the books. The show was kinda after my time I guess, but still to this day The Phantom of the Auditorium is one of my favorite books, childrens or not.

AUSTIN316426808
02-27-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Marroe
The Phantom of the Auditorium

when I first saw this thread I was trying to think of that book, that's my favorite too.

after I saw the thread the first time I looked around and found the books, I've got about 20 of 'em.

Marroe
02-27-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
when I first saw this thread I was trying to think of that book, that's my favorite too.

after I saw the thread the first time I looked around and found the books, I've got about 20 of 'em. You have that one? I never see it anywhere. I check everytime I go to Borders. Maybe I can find it on ebay. No clue what happened to my copy.

AUSTIN316426808
02-27-2005, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Marroe
You have that one? I never see it anywhere. I check everytime I go to Borders. Maybe I can find it on ebay. No clue what happened to my copy.

yeah I've got it among a bunch of others. I used to read that one alot but I haven't in years as soon as I finish the book I'm reading now I'm going to read it again.

AUSTIN316426808
02-27-2005, 03:14 AM
I might try to go on E-bay and find more of 'em.

_Leatha_Face_
02-27-2005, 09:49 AM
i liked

Night of the Living Dummy's and
Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes

The_Return
02-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Love the TV show, but the books are better. I have 23 of them, my favorites are the Chose your own Nightmare ones. Beware The Purple Peanut Butter is always good, lol. I love 'em all though.