PDA

View Full Version : Constantine

urgeok
12-16-2004, 04:33 AM
Saw a trailer for this last night and if you can go by a trailer (which you cant) this one might be good. It's typical Keanu but depending on the character (i.e. the MAtrix) then it sometimes fits.

I'll probably check this one out in the theatre.

phantomstranger
12-18-2004, 06:24 PM
When I first heard that Reeves was going to star in this movie ,I thought it was going to be a pile of crap. He looks nothing like the original comic book character, but after seeing the preview, I am now interested in seeing it. Let's hope it's worth it.

ChEEbA
12-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Didn't know it was based on a comic at all....anyways, I'll repost what I thought of it in my trailer thread

"Constantine (at upcominghorrormovies.com)
Ok, I saw a smaller trailer a while back, and I was of two minds about it, it looked kinda interesting, but I was thinking I might just wait for the dvd....
However, there's a full length trailer that goes into a lot more detail now, and the movie looks GOOD.
I don't think much of Keanu, but Rachel Weisz = hotness...
The movie looks to be a supernatural horror themed thriller.
Plot involves main character undergoing a process by which he'll be able to see...things...but when he sees them, they see him, horror ensues...etc.
Mythical stuff, demons, alternate dimensions....
I can't really explain it. Looks quite intense though, and I have to say the special effects look brilliant.
I'll be seeing this one as soon as I can.
Go have a look at the new trailer, it's cool..."

ChEEbA
12-18-2004, 07:16 PM
And here I thought you were a banned idiot....

phantomstranger
12-19-2004, 01:21 AM
The comic this movie is based on is called "Hellblazer" I think it's published by DC. The movie's name was changed to avoid confusion with the "Hellraiser" movies

ChEEbA
12-19-2004, 03:50 AM
Yeah, I just heard that from a friend tonight...
Hellblazer is a pretty popular comic, right?
Apparently keanu is SO not right for the part...
Anyways, looks like a decent movie, I'll check it out all the same.

allmykids
12-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Hay SITINAS there is something growing out of your neck..... and it's Disgusting, OOPS, That's your head!!

Hate_Breeder
02-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Have you guys seen the trailer for this movie yet. It stars Keanu Reeves and it looks alright i guess...a little bit too remeniscent of a Keanu movie though :(

urgeok
02-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
Have you guys seen the trailer for this movie yet. It stars Keanu Reeves and it looks alright i guess...a little bit too remeniscent of a Keanu movie though :(

i saw the ad .. it made me want to see it ..

but file under 'who knows'

barbra
02-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Tagline: Hell wants him. Heaven won't take him. Earth needs him.
sounds like spawn
Im sure they spent tons on graphics
it could make a cool game
what was the rating?
bet he has neat weapons
anyone ever read Hell Blazer?

majorbludd
02-02-2005, 07:53 PM
it looks sorta busy in a trenchcoat mafia sorta way....but so did hellboy....which i saw last nite on cable and dug..

_Leatha_Face_
02-03-2005, 08:36 AM
K. Reeves is in it, it looks like it has potential maybe a little bit to much on the special FX but i was wondering what u guys think about it??

shit i just saw a thread on this by hate breeder, srry plz delete!

immortalem
02-03-2005, 03:25 PM
I saw a trailer for this film and it looks interesting. I'm not a big fan of Keanu Reeves but I do like Rachel Weisz, so I think I will go see it.

Thepuppetmaster
02-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by barbra
Tagline: Hell wants him. Heaven won't take him. Earth needs him.
sounds like spawn
Im sure they spent tons on graphics
it could make a cool game
what was the rating?
bet he has neat weapons
anyone ever read Hell Blazer? It is going to be made into a game that will come out sometime this month or next month, To be honest i hate Movie Based games there normaly stupid as hell. The movie looks good i think i will see it and like it. I had seen the trailer awile back and it looks good

Angra
02-06-2005, 03:48 AM
Yes, it looks pretty promising.:)

But so did "White noise".....:rolleyes:

slasherman
02-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Hmmm wonder how "Constantine" is ? anybody seen it ?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360486/

IDrinkYourBlood
02-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I think I saw the trailor for this? Im pretty dure I did. Anyways It looked cool...i think? I cant remember.................shit.

ItsAlive75
02-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I think it looks good from the trailers and clips I've seen. It's definetly a perfect role for Keanu... not a lot of acting and a lot of brooding stares.

MisterSadistro
02-06-2005, 02:04 PM
anyone ever read Hell Blazer?
Yep. I got probably the first 3 years or so in a box somewhere. I used to love it.
CK

ScaryStuff
02-07-2005, 05:03 AM
If it in anyway follows the concept of the comics...it should be cool...but don't count on it.

Vodstok
02-07-2005, 06:46 AM
"Matrix Meets the Devil's Advocate: Neo beats up Demons."

Agent Lucifer: I'll eat your soul... Mr Anderson......

I think it looks cool. I like Keanu in spite fo myself. He seesm to take his job seriously but still has a good time. gotta respect that.

mothermold
02-07-2005, 11:11 PM
....i'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst(and why the fuck did'nt they title this film hellblazer?)....let's hope this IS another matrix and not a johnny(fucking)nuemonic.:(

barbra
02-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Thepuppetmaster
It is going to be made into a game that will come out sometime this month or next month, To be honest i hate Movie Based games there normaly stupid as hell. The movie looks good i think i will see it and like it. I had seen the trailer awile back and it looks good movies turned games are always lame with horrible game play, just look at some recent travistys like the ltr and the matrix games. even games turned movies are pretty lame. DAMN OUR MULTI-MEDIA CULTURE! They take your money from every angle. Thats it, Im joining the federation.

AUSTIN316426808
02-08-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Angra
Yes, it looks pretty promising.:)

But so did "White noise".....:rolleyes:

good point.

I'll probably go see it since my friends want to.

newb
02-09-2005, 08:20 AM
My oldest son went to an advanced screening last night. Was not too impressed.

urgeok
02-10-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by newb
My oldest son went to an advanced screening last night. Was not too impressed.

damn kid - wrecking my fun.
I bet he likes popcorn shrimp too !

newbs whole family ... eating a mess of popcorn shrimp - seafood sauce smeared all over there faces - planning their next move against me !!!!

slasherman
02-10-2005, 06:23 AM
I dont know but it reminds me a little bit of "The Omen" :confused:

Za'afiel
02-13-2005, 01:43 PM
I like Costantine I like the whole Anti-Heroe ambient. And I was thinking the other day "Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a "The Omen" remake"?.

slasherman
02-16-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Za'afiel
"Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a "The Omen" remake"?.
maybe..but can anybody make such a good movie today ?...I mean that has a spesial feel wich is difficult to remake...:cool:

Thepuppetmaster
02-18-2005, 09:34 PM
I got a chance to see this movie today. I absoluty loved it. It i think will be the best movie of the year for me. What do you guys think of the movie?

Elvis_Christ
02-18-2005, 09:45 PM
I think I'll avoid it..... there's just something about it that pisses me off.

Thepuppetmaster
02-19-2005, 06:17 AM
Thats a stupid descision on your part i belive. Mainly because its just a great movie. Is it because of revees?

IDrinkYourBlood
02-20-2005, 10:12 AM
It was allright, nothing special. 4 out of 5, better then anything else out right now.

AUSTIN316426808
02-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Thepuppetmaster
I got a chance to see this movie today. I absoluty loved it. It i think will be the best movie of the year for me. What do you guys think of the movie?

isn't it a bit early to say it'll be the best movie of the year?

IDrinkYourBlood
02-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
isn't it a bit early to say it'll be the best movie of the year? It wont even come close to WIlly Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

AUSTIN316426808
02-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood
It wont even come close to WIlly Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

IDrinkYourBlood
02-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory O....right....*ahem* well i best be hittin the ol dusty trail now.

Sedated_replica
02-22-2005, 09:32 PM
It got horrible reviews.

Besides Ted can't act for shit

Geoforcezx
02-23-2005, 05:35 AM
is constantine any good then?

Gonna get to watch it tonight, can't wait :D

AUSTIN316426808
02-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
It got horrible reviews.

Besides Ted can't act for shit

who's ted?

AUSTIN316426808
02-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Geoforcezx
is constantine any good then?

Gonna get to watch it tonight, can't wait :D

I thought it was pretty good, the special effects were great. the acting was average but I think the story and the ending were really good and there's some humorous moments too.

Geoforcezx
02-23-2005, 06:18 AM
I love horror movies with a bit of humour :D

But i hate it when they over do it too much :rolleyes:

AUSTIN316426808
02-23-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Geoforcezx
I love horror movies with a bit of humour :D

But i hate it when they over do it too much :rolleyes:

it's not over done at all, it's just here and there.

BlackWolf
02-23-2005, 11:53 AM
who's ted?
I belive the "Ted" they are talking about is Keanu Reeves character in the Bill and Ted movies, I think this because A.that was his name in the films and B. Keanu "can't act for shit";)

AUSTIN316426808
02-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by BlackWolf
I belive the "Ted" they are talking about is Keanu Reeves character in the Bill and Ted movies, I think this because A.that was his name in the films and B. Keanu "can't act for shit";)

I think he's ok.

I think his dumb surfer disposition works really well in most of his movies.

Thepuppetmaster
02-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Well i have to admit i was jumping the gun on saying this was going to be the best movie of the year. I wasnt thinking about Rob zombies"The devils rejects or Charlie and the chocolate factory. HAIL MARILYN MANSON! and Fuck the Bill & Ted movies!! I have had enough of when ever his acting ability is mentioned everybody has to say something about the Bill&Ted movies. Those roles where the only roles that he took that werent serious and i think he is very serious about his acting when it comes to movies like the matrix. What do you think they used a double for his kung fo moves in the movies? thats bullshit give the man a break dont brand him just because he took a shitty role.

Geoforcezx
02-24-2005, 02:26 AM
Watched thos movie last night (fianlly) it was amazing, and had a few surprising twists in the storyline, which are pretty cool, and i loved the demon possesion thing at the begining :D

allmykids
02-28-2005, 12:18 PM
I loved it!! Great acting, monsters, And killer story line!! I will be bying this!!

lee challenger
03-30-2005, 01:24 PM
I saw Constantine last night and I am pleased to say that in the main the film does justice to the Hellblazer comics.Not too sure about Rachel Weisz as a LAPD detective though and although Keanu Reeves looks the part as John Constantine he still does his usual bad habit of slipping into Bill and Ted mode.
However nit picking aside the overall look of the film is excellent
and doesn't sell out to the mainstream.There are some genuine
'jump' scenes and the special effects are outstanding.

taylorsmommy
03-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by lee challenger
I saw Constantine last night and I am pleased to say that in the main the film does justice to the Hellblazer comics.Not too sure about Rachel Weisz as a LAPD detective though and although Keanu Reeves looks the part as John Constantine he still does his usual bad habit of slipping into Bill and Ted mode.
However nit picking aside the overall look of the film is excellent
and doesn't sell out to the mainstream.There are some genuine
'jump' scenes and the special effects are outstanding.

Thanks for the review, Lee. I've been debating whether or not to see it. I think I've decided to see it after all.

zwoti
03-30-2005, 03:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/zwoti/scans/ninja1.jpg

Preacher
04-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Will prob go see this. Looks like a Matrix ripoff though.

Hope its better than that.

Ash xx

Gren the cake
04-07-2005, 11:27 PM
i watched it tonight.

i loved the story of it, devils and such, would love to watch it again and try and pick up better on the details

the effects were OK, sometimes the screen was so damn dark tohugh. also, some of the speaking was off

keanu was horrible as usual, rachel was cool. and gavin rossdale? that was kinda cool i guess.

BH14
07-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Seems like most of you all liked this movie... I read lot of user reviews and most of them hated this movie... I will watch this movie later tonight are review it. I wont compare it to the comic book because I never read the comic book. Hopefully, I will enjoy it.

ShankS
07-19-2005, 03:18 PM
saw the film a while ago

I didn't enjoy it... it was one of those ' keep fidgeting & looking at the clock' type of films for me.

The_Return
07-19-2005, 05:23 PM
It looks my style, I plan to check it out soon.

BH14
07-19-2005, 07:36 PM
I really like the idea of one person battling demons from hell, especially if he has cool weapon. However, Constantine wasnt very good but it wasnt horrible either... I would give it a 6.5/10.... They should have just stuck with good action with plenty of cool looking cgi kills.... At the end, it starts to get lame and it tries to become too biblical. Just give me lot of action, nice cgi effects and a nice ending battle.

novakru
07-21-2005, 04:22 AM
Rented and watched Constantine last night and LOVED IT.
I think it's interesting that most people expect some high caliber performance from a movie based on a comic book.
If you are really into comics and graphic novels,nine times out of ten-the movie is VERY good. At least the ones I have seen.

And I can not wait till Neil Gaiman gets some more of his characters on screen!!!(Neverwhere series kicked @#$!!)

IDrinkYourBlood
07-21-2005, 03:07 PM
This movie totally sucked and was a let down. 2/5

meetthecreeper
07-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Cinematic garbage.

Hated it.

I kept thinking the whole time Prophecy.

The actor that plays Satan was kool, his name escapes me, but other than that I found it quite boring.

Way too much CGI IMO.