PDA

View Full Version : 80s Sci Fi show

Vodstok
02-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Okay, there was a tv show that came on in the 80s.... It had a guy who was a detective, or a cop or something, and he got help from a guy who was from inside a computer. That guy had a little "helper" named Cursor, it was weird little glowing thingy that changed shape in 3d, and could change into whatever they needed (a car, a guitar).

The thing that always stuck out to me was whenever they would be driving, the car would turn at right angles and the detective guy would always get stuck against the window.

It was on around the same time as a shot i think was called "Nighthawk", so guy with a super motorcycle... I think...

Any ideas?

thepsychicfetus
02-18-2005, 05:14 AM
i think the show you're talking about is "Automan".

here's a quote from the website:
"Walter Nebicher is a policeman. He is also an expert in computers. He developed a highly sophisticated hologram named Automan, which helps him fight crime. Automan has an assistant camed Curser that can create holographic objects such as a car, helicopter or any other object needed by Walter or Automan to fight crime."

Automan Website (http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-1921/Automan/)

hope this helps

Vodstok
02-18-2005, 05:50 AM
Godamn, you are good. that is exactly it. Thanks :)

knee jerk
02-23-2005, 12:49 AM
Yeah, Automan was pretty cool. It was fairly high tech considering the time.
It came out after the movie "Tron" so it kind of hacked off that and had a similar look.

Funny, you don't find many people, much less detectives named Walter these days do you?